Sure feels like it's going to be 49ers-Seahawks again

googoodan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1307f65y said:
googoodan":1307f65y said:
Please note: not arguing the Whiners have a great chance of winning. I'm arguing the dismissing nature of how the Panthers are viewed in this thread.
The only thing you are going to get from the whiner trolls when they lose are excuses. So and so was hurt.

Seattle has curbstomped them the last 2 times up here by 29 and 26 points and all we hear was this Smith didn't play or that Smith's arm hurt, etc etc etc. It's the same excuses coming from the same whiner trolls in this thread when that are trying to justify the loss to your team in SF.

.....and when you beat them again this weekend you'll hear "congrats, nice game BUT....... So and so got hurt and if they would have played it would have changed the outcome.

Different week, same tune!

Good luck, you'll find that whiners troll's tears are simply delicious! 8)

Thanks.
You'll soon learn that Taints fans are the same way. And their head coach is more of a douche than Harbaugh.

googoodan

Reaction score
hawker84":16nzfi2f said:
googoodan":16nzfi2f said:
Please note: not arguing the Whiners have a great chance of winning. I'm arguing the dismissing nature of how the Panthers are viewed in this thread.

Not sure why you guys are over here looking for support. Fact is CAR has a great defense, mediocre secondary, mediocre offense and an unproven QB in the playoffs..

SF is a better more balanced team. Their denfense is just as good, offense is better and a proven QB in the playoffs, so why wouldn't folks expect CAR to lose? Only reason i'm giving CAR a chance is because they're at home. JMO

Make no mistake about it, I hate the niners and absolutely loath their fanbase and wish nothing but misery upon every single one of them. If CAR wins this game, i'll be one happy camper trust me. Just don't see it happening.

I'm not looking for support. I know the Hawks-Niners rivalry is pretty intense and I wanted the 12th man's take on the game.
If you've noticed, I haven't really replied to others' predictions of doom for the Panthers. They seem to have thought it out and explained how they've reached those conclusions. You, on the other hand, believe we have nothing because you don't recognize names and/or see big individual statistics on the stats page. It is a pet peeve of mine when people make definitive statements about a subject (or team in this case) that they know little about. That is all.

Good day and may your D Line knock that mole off Brees' face.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
googoodan":38ugnjxb said:
Sports Hernia":38ugnjxb said:
googoodan":38ugnjxb said:
The only thing you are going to get from the whiner trolls when they lose are excuses. So and so was hurt.

Seattle has curbstomped them the last 2 times up here by 29 and 26 points and all we hear was this Smith didn't play or that Smith's arm hurt, etc etc etc. It's the same excuses coming from the same whiner trolls in this thread when that are trying to justify the loss to your team in SF.

.....and when you beat them again this weekend you'll hear "congrats, nice game BUT....... So and so got hurt and if they would have played it would have changed the outcome.

Thanks.
You'll soon learn that Taints fans are the same way. And their head coach is more of a douche than Harbaugh.
LOL, not sure there is a bigger douche then Harbuagh.

googoodan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2djvf8b0 said:
googoodan":2djvf8b0 said:
Sports Hernia":2djvf8b0 said:

Well here are two examples:
1 - Bountygate.
2 - Week 17 2011: Our defense was decimated by injuries. The starting defense that week consisted of guys who would struggle to make ST or practice squads.
Sean Payton took the opportunity to bring a list of who needs what to set records. (Sproles setting the single season all-purpose yardage record, for example).
It was so bad Drew Brees had to go tell him to stop running up the score.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-orleans-s ... Drew-Brees

hawker84

Reaction score
googoodan":1jeowheo said:
hawker84":1jeowheo said:
googoodan":1jeowheo said:

Not sure why you guys are over here looking for support. Fact is CAR has a great defense, mediocre secondary, mediocre offense and an unproven QB in the playoffs..

SF is a better more balanced team. Their denfense is just as good, offense is better and a proven QB in the playoffs, so why wouldn't folks expect CAR to lose? Only reason i'm giving CAR a chance is because they're at home. JMO

Make no mistake about it, I hate the niners and absolutely loath their fanbase and wish nothing but misery upon every single one of them. If CAR wins this game, i'll be one happy camper trust me. Just don't see it happening.

I'm not looking for support. I know the Hawks-Niners rivalry is pretty intense and I wanted the 12th man's take on the game.
If you've noticed, I haven't really replied to others' predictions of doom for the Panthers. They seem to have thought it out and explained how they've reached those conclusions. You, on the other hand, believe we have nothing because you don't recognize names and/or see big individual statistics on the stats page. It is a pet peeve of mine when people make definitive statements about a subject (or team in this case) that they know little about. That is all.

I know a lot more about your team and have watched the majority of your players on offense and defense all season than you'll ever know, and sorry on offense you're not scaring anybody with a top defense, and that's with a healthy Smith. Good solid players , but no playmakers, no game changers other than maybe Cam... SF on the other hand has way more offensive weapons by far period, and if you'd take your homer glasses off for a second you'd see it's really not even close.

you can continue to spout on about how i don't know your personnel because they're not household names till your blue in the face. Fact is i have Rewind, i watch a lot of other teams especially the top teams is the NFC, i've watched CAR quite a bit and am familiar with your players. I go to the Huddle and read up on your team almost every day for news about your players/coaches, and my conclusion still is, SF is a better team as a whole than CAR, for that reason only i'm picking the niners. I think Car is a good team and i'm not saying CAR can't/won't win i just don't think it's going to happen. Please come back after the game and serve me a good heapin of crow, would be more than happy to eat my fill.

I'd be willing to bet if you asked the serious question the majority of Hawk fans would rather face the Panthers than the niners if we were going soley on who would be the easiest road to the SB.

Marvin49

Reaction score
googoodan":4nzsi3zm said:
hawker84":4nzsi3zm said:
It seems to me your knowledge of our offense is limited to names you recognize and big individual stats. For entertainment sake, hopefully Harbaugh will recognize what our offense consists of.

Ok, since i don't know your entire offense by name except for the key players, who will step up in the absence of a banged up steve smith? How will you score points on SF defense? you still haven't answered the question.

Oh, but I did. Your reply was basically "pfff... those guys aren't elite," as if that was the question.
Kap needs 3 pro-bowl receivers to score. we do not; we don't have a single pro bowl receiver. How will we score? The same way we have all season - ball distribution, special teams, defense.
And unless you're at Tom Fricken Brady status, you're going to be limited when your offensive weapons are not playing.. You cannot tell me that Vernon Davis, Crabtree, the other starting TE, all out is not going to negatively effect an offense. Other than Boldin, he had No one to throw to...Against a defense like CAR/SEA that is a death sentence. This will not be the case Sunday, he'll have them all back and healthy.

In the end, Kap is still a one read QB. If that one read isn't there, he checks down or runs. You don't think the guy who's had a #1 defense every where he's been knows this and will use it to his advantage?

I just had to respond to this one. Kap doesn't need 3 Pro Bowlers to score (he only has one BTW). What he needed was competent NFL players. With Vernon, Crab, and Patton out, he had Manningham (never really recovered from the knee injury - back on IR), Kyle Williams (couldn't get open to save his life AND recovering from ACL surgery himself), and Jon Baldwin (sucks hard...no separation). Teams sat on Boldin and there was nobody to throw to.

Oi. "One Read". Does Kap sometimes lock onto his first receiver? Yes. Does he sometimes run as soon as he sees an opening? Yes. ALOT of that tho had to do with him having ZERO confidense in the receivers he had out there to get themselves open. That has changed.

I'm not going to suggest that all of the sudden now he's Tom Brady or Peyton Manning and routinely gets to his 5th receiver. He's still a young player and doesn't always get through his reads. However, he has improved greatly in this regard since Crabtrees return. There is a reason he has a QB rating over 105 in the final 6 weeks of the season. There is a reason that despite his struggles through the beginning and middle of the year he STILL finished with a higher QB rating than Cam Newton.

Carolina is good. Really good, especially on defense. The 49ers simply have more weapons on offense and IMO a better O-Line. I don't wee why it appears to be blasphemy for you when peeps suggest that the 49ers are better on offense. Look at the rosters. It isn't rocket science.

That doesn't guarantee a win by any stretch. Just not sure exactly what you are arguing.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Good quarterbacks find ways to complete passes no matter who their WRs are. See: Brady, Tom (2013 season)

For Christ's sake, Wilson completed some passes to Lockette after we took him back from you guys cutting him. I'm tired of the 49ers blaming their WRs for everything.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ku0h40l said:
Good quarterbacks find ways to complete passes no matter who their WRs are. See: Brady, Tom (2013 season)

For Christ's sake, Wilson completed some passes to Lockette after we took him back from you guys cutting him. I'm tired of the 49ers blaming their WRs for everything.

OK, lets do that.

With his weapons last year, Bradys QB rating was 98.7. Without his weapons THIS year his QB rating was 87.3...4 points LOWER than Kaepernick.

It wasn't all his receivers. Kap had his part to play, but he got no help at all from his receivers for a large portion of the season.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":4tnw8flz said:

I don't think Ricardo Lockette having five receptions this year is that convincing of an argument.

If we want to do a "For Christ's sake", for Christ's sake, Wilson's last four games are worse than any four game stretch Kaepernick has had in his entire life as a starting QB.

And to that I say, so what? I still think Wilson is a better QB. No biggie.

googoodan

Reaction score
hawker84":2zeiagea said:
googoodan":2zeiagea said:
hawker84":2zeiagea said:
googoodan":2zeiagea said:

I know a lot more about your team and have watched the majority of your players on offense and defense all season than you'll ever know, and sorry on offense you're not scaring anybody with a top defense, and that's with a healthy Smith. Good solid players , but no playmakers, no game changers other than maybe Cam... SF on the other hand has way more offensive weapons by far period, and if you'd take your homer glasses off for a second you'd see it's really not even close.

you can continue to spout on about how i don't know your personnel because they're not household names till your blue in the face. Fact is i have Rewind, i watch a lot of other teams especially the top teams is the NFC, i've watched CAR quite a bit and am familiar with your players. I go to the Huddle and read up on your team almost every day for news about your players/coaches, and my conclusion still is, SF is a better team as a whole than CAR, for that reason only i'm picking the niners. I think Car is a good team and i'm not saying CAR can't/won't win i just don't think it's going to happen. Please come back after the game and serve me a good heapin of crow, would be more than happy to eat my fill.

I'd be willing to bet if you asked the serious question the majority of Hawk fans would rather face the Panthers than the niners if we were going soley on who would be the easiest road to the SB.

Homer glasses? I have stated on .net that I'm not confident in this game. I've predicted a loss over on the huddle. I've posted there countless times criticizing Shula's offense, especially against the 3-4.

Steve Smith isn't even our top receiver this year... not in yards, receptions or TDs. In fact, of our top four receivers, he has the fewest touchdowns. We spread the ball.

If I were wearing homer glasses, I would have mentioned Brandon LaFell as a weapon. I didn't.

While SF has better skill players, they are greatly handicapped by Kaepernick. If a QB struggles with Boldin, Davis and Gore as his primary weapon, maybe that QB is a little over hyped.
Yet you said Kap is just as dangerous as Cam.
Give Kap the Panthers' receivers and OL and Cam the Niners' receivers and OL. Is he still just as dangerous?

Without Smith, we were able to come back from a deficit to win against the Saints. They may not have quite as good a defense as the Niners, but they are still ranked as one of the top defenses in the league. Oh, and their offense is leaps and bounds ahead of anything the Niners can muster up.

Marvin49

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3hf73phj said:
Marvin49":3hf73phj said:
OK, lets do that.

With his weapons last year, Bradys QB rating was 98.7. Without his weapons THIS year his QB rating was 87.3...4 points LOWER than Kaepernick.

It wasn't all his receivers. Kap had his part to play, but he got no help at all from his receivers for a large portion of the season.

He had Vernon Davis and Boldin, that's a better 1-2 combo than 90% of NFL teams.

Davis/Crabtree/Boldin -- that's the best receiving corps in the NFL - I mean, compare them to the Falcons? Boldin is pretty close to Roddy White, neither are legit #1's anymore but they are both strong #2's. Maybe Julio Jones has an edge of Crabtree, but definitely Davis is a step beyond Gonzales at this point in his career.

So if you want to compare QB's then take a look at Matt Ryan's performance with the absence of Julio Jones this year, and then when he lost Roddy White.

Ryan had nowhere near the O-line that Kaep has, and Jackson just isn't comparable to Gore at this point in their careers.

That's Kinda the point.

The offense was functional with Boldin and Vernon. They lost Vernon late in Seattle, so I don't put that on losing him. That was great defense by the 'hawks. Vernon didn't play AT ALL vs the Colts. He was out in the second quarter vs the Panthers.

In those situations where Vernon was out, defenses just sat on the already speed challenged Anquan Boldin. Tough sledding out there. Even when Vernon was playing early on, he wasn't really Vernon. It was clear the Hamstring was hindering him.

With Vernon back and now adding Crabtree, it's an all new offense. Crab is getting better every week.

I agree with you that that is a pretty damned good trio. All they really need is a speed WR and it would be complete. They haven't had that trio for most of the year though and now that they do Kap is responding with his best play of the season. The only games he wasn't over 100 in his passer rating were against Seattle (great pass defense) and in GB (-14 Wind Chill...Rodgers only threw for 177 for gods sake).

I am not saying the Niners don't have good receivers. They do. What they don't have is good #4 and #5 receivers who had to play a very large portion of the season.

aawolf

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I'll take Olsen over Davis at this point in their careers. Olsen is underrated and Davis is overrated right now.

Call me crazy again, but I'll take Cam over Kap. Cam is the better QB and recognizes things better. Cam's not as accurate with his throws, which is why he's prone to overthrows of open receivers and INTs, but he can do more with less than Kap. I also trust him more to pull out a close game due to his maturity this year (as opposed to his choke-ridden propensities last year).

I also give the Panthers the edge on overall defense. Running game is a draw. The 49'ers have the advantage on the O-line and overall receiving corps.

I'll take the Panthers in a smash-mouth, hard-fought football game. However, either team winning wouldn't surprise me.

Marvin49

Reaction score
googoodan":3hs4w858 said:
hawker84":3hs4w858 said:
googoodan":3hs4w858 said:
hawker84":3hs4w858 said:

Homer glasses? I have stated on .net that I'm not confident in this game. I've predicted a loss over on the huddle. I've posted there countless times criticizing Shula's offense, especially against the 3-4.

Steve Smith isn't even our top receiver this year... not in yards, receptions or TDs. In fact, of our top four receivers, he has the fewest touchdowns. We spread the ball.

If I were wearing homer glasses, I would have mentioned Brandon LaFell as a weapon. I didn't.

While SF has better skill players, they are greatly handicapped by Kaepernick. If a QB struggles with Boldin, Davis and Gore as his primary weapon, maybe that QB is a little over hyped.Yet you said Kap is just as dangerous as Cam.
Give Kap the Panthers' receivers and OL and Cam the Niners' receivers and OL. Is he still just as dangerous?

Without Smith, we were able to come back from a deficit to win against the Saints. They may not have quite as good a defense as the Niners, but they are still ranked as one of the top defenses in the league. Oh, and their offense is leaps and bounds ahead of anything the Niners can muster up.

Dude...what the hell are you even talking about?

The WHOLE POINT is that Kap DIDN'T have those guys. Vernon was out or hobbled for most of the first 9 games of the season. Kap has them now and has had a QB rating over 100 in 5 of his last 7 games.

That QB that is "handicapping them" is 17-6 in the regular season as a starter and 3-1 in the playoffs including a near comeback in the Super Bowl and a 17 point comeback in the NFC Championship game. Even in his "down" sophmore season as a starter he still posted a QB rating higher than Cam Newton has posted at any point in his 3 year career.

I took crap all offseason from Seattle fans making the Wilson/Kap comparison. Wilson is a GREAT QB. I wish he weren't, but he is. I am NOT gonna take that "Kap is holding them back" crap from a Panther fan.

Marvin49

Reaction score
aawolf":14j7q2z8 said:
Call me crazy, but I'll take Olsen over Davis at this point in their careers. Olsen is underrated and Davis is overrated right now.

Call me crazy again, but I'll take Cam over Kap. Cam is the better QB and recognizes things better. Cam's not as accurate with his throws, which is why he's prone to overthrows of open receivers and INTs, but he can do more with less than Kap. I also trust him more to pull out a close game due to his maturity this year (as opposed to his choke-ridden propensities last year).

I also give the Panthers the edge on overall defense. Running game is a draw. The 49'ers have the advantage on the O-line and overall receiving corps.

I'll take the Panthers in a smash-mouth, hard-fought football game. However, either team winning wouldn't surprise me.

You're crazy. :D

Sorry, too easy.

I can actually see how you get there on a few of those. I think Vernon is a FAR superior TE, but he's also just a different style player than Olsen. Vernon isn't really a classic TE in that he's not great at doing what most TEs do. He can certainly block like a TE, but what he doesn't do well is run a short or intermediate route and just sit in a zone and give his QB an outlet. What he does better than perhaps any TE in the NFL tho is run past LBs and safeties and is a matchup nightmare to cover 1 on 1. Olsen is more a traditional TE, and a good one at that.

Kap/Cam...Different as well. Cam is probably a more polished passer at the moment, but he's also started twice as many games. He is prone to a few WTF moments a couple times a game tho. Both very mobile but in different ways. Kap runs like a tall, rangy speed reciever. Cam runs like Eddie George.

Defense...I still think SF is better despite what the stats say. Could be the homer in me but they have also been battle tested more than the Panthers have.

Run game...I dunno. Niners haven't been lighting it up in the run game since Miller got hurt.

I won't make a prediction tho. I think the Panthers are pretty damned good.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2n9i9xqe said:
googoodan":2n9i9xqe said:
Sports Hernia":2n9i9xqe said:
googoodan":2n9i9xqe said:

Thanks.

Please continue.... tear...... This is beautiful!!!!!!! :49ersmall: I may have to mount this conversation and put it on my wall. Perfectly said by all parties. :thirishdrinkers:

chris98251

Reaction score
All three teams are good, it's about match ups, all three QB's are marked as the future of the league along with Luck and Griffin if they don't turn him into a David Carr or Ric Mirer from being beat up so much.

All three teams have a very good defense, again its match ups.

The biggest difference this time of year is team health and Coaching strategy, also the ability to make adjustments on the fly and yes the biggie turnovers.

Home teams that get the turnover and momentum going can start steamrolling as the game can get out of control as the emotional swing happens and guys are trying to get re focused. Mostly the younger teams that are still learning that there is College Football and the step up to the pro game is a big step, then there is NFL Regular season and the Playoffs. That step is huge as far as the physical and mental aspect of the game. More then one player over the years has said it's a whole different level.

Guys like Brady and Montana have Ice in their veins come playoff time, they lift and put the team on another level, Ray Lewis and Ronnie Lott are two I think did it on defense for teams.

The three teams here all have the capabilities to get to the dance, it's the team that can put it all together given the situations I have mentioned above that will get there.

Oh last thing and if the Officials don't decide that they want more camera time then the players.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
James in PA":jtn73mvi said:
Guys, if we're able to get by New Orleans, we'll be playing San Fran the following week. Just accept that now. San Fran keeps finding ways to win frustratingly close games. I do not see that changing against Carolina.

I wouldn't be too sure, and remember, I'm a 9ers fan. :lol:

Close games are crapshoots, and everyone regresses to the mean in close games over time. This just isn't one of those games that I'd make a prediction on. I wouldn't even be slightly surprised if either team won (the difference between this game and the Haws/Saints game, where I'd be surprised if the Saints won).

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
aawolf":2weyri2k said:

Kinda hard to say who I would take, depends on my team. Vernon Davis to me is one of the biggest underachievers of all time. With his skill set and physicality, he should be mentioned in the top 5 tight ends ever but for what ever reason, he only can run three routes effectively. It would be scary if the man had Zack Miller acumen. Olsen is more a find the gaps and make a clutch catch. I consider them different players but Vernon Davis provides greater value to his team.

Cam has showed me something this year. He has grown at a higher rate than Kap but he was also playing at a much lower level. I honestly am not sure who I would take. Kam can run you over, Kap can run around you. Both throw it at a much lower plane and very hard. The thing about Kap is he still forces too many balls and the Niners blow too many time outs and that is disorganization and is going to cost them at some point.

As for the game, The Panthers will have to force turnovers to win this game. I see the Panthers struggling to move the ball and I expect the Niners to crowd the box. One thing I can say, if you hit Kaepernick repeatedly, he will throw some cookies. I do know this, the Panthers CANNOT get down more than one score. Kam gets impatient and will also throw interceptions when he has to rally the troops. His receiving core is pedestrian at best. I have a lot more confidence in the Niners coming back then the Panthers.

Marvin49

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3c2z8bpk said:
aawolf":3c2z8bpk said:

Kinda hard to say who I would take, depends on my team. Vernon Davis to me is one of the biggest underachievers of all time. With his skill set and physicality, he should be mentioned in the top 5 tight ends ever but for what ever reason, he only can run three routes effectively. It would be scary if the man had Zack Miller acumen. Olsen is more a find the gaps and make a clutch catch. I consider them different players but Vernon Davis provides greater value to his team.

Cam has showed me something this year. He has grown at a higher rate than Kap but he was also playing at a much lower level. I honestly am not sure who I would take. Kam can run you over, Kap can run around you. Both throw it at a much lower plane and very hard. The thing about Kap is he still forces too many balls and the Niners blow too many time outs and that is disorganization and is going to cost them at some point.

As for the game, The Panthers will have to force turnovers to win this game. I see the Panthers struggling to move the ball and I expect the Niners to crowd the box. One thing I can say, if you hit Kaepernick repeatedly, he will throw some cookies. I do know this, the Panthers CANNOT get down more than one score. Kam gets impatient and will also throw interceptions when he has to rally the troops. His receiving core is pedestrian at best. I have a lot more confidence in the Niners coming back then the Panthers.

Actually, it already has.

It's really a function of the way the offense works. They intentionally snap the ball very late on the playclock in hopes of 1) Using a ton of clock to keep the defense fresh and the ball out of the hands of the other offense, 2) to force the defense to declare thier intentions.

The problem is that teams know that now and they change their alignment with only a few seconds left. With the Niner constantly taking the clock so close to the wire, there is very little room for error...and that's why they burn so many timeouts.

As I stated before though, it has already burned them. It burned them in their biggest game. Everyone remembers how the Super Bowl ended but what they don't remember is that the 4th down play wasn't the last play of the game. There was still 1:49 on the clock. The 49ers lost 1 timeout earlier in the half because they couldn't get the play off and lost another on a 2nd down QB draw that looks like it might have scored. The worst part of that one is that it looks like they actually got the play off, but Harbaugh had already called the TO.

As a result, the 49ers used their last timeout with something like 1:42 remaining, the ravens ran 2 plays and called their own timeout with almost no time left on the clock. If the 49ers had those timeouts and they were able to hold the Ravens without a 1st down, the Ravens have to punt from the 10 or so and the niners would have had 1:30 or 1:20 left to drive for a score (they'd need a TD tho because the Ravens wouldn't have intentionally committed a Safety to put the game within 3).

Thats alot of ifs...but the point is that NOT having those timeouts ensured that the 4th down play was the 49ers last chance when it didn't necessarily have to be. Using those TOs is a killer. They afford you options. Its one of the biggest frustrations of 49er fans right now.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3akg0p17 said:
aawolf":3akg0p17 said:

I'm sorry but these two opinions are wrong. Vernon Davis is constantly recognized as the best blocking TE in the league. He has held that title for years as he can literally hold up against a DE in run and pass protection.

In addition, Vernon is already in the top 6 all time for touchdowns by a TE. The 2nd most TDs by a 49er in history (only behind Jerry Rice). He also has the most receiving yards by a TE in playoff history. Think about that. His team has only been to the post season 3 separate occasions, and he already has that honor.

The guy is in a league of his own, and Jimmy Graham only gets recognition for being the best TE in the league because a) Jimmy Graham is hella good and b) Graham is practically a WR in that offense and he sees a lot of passes.

I get you guys hate the 49ers, but your talent evaluation is pretty lacking

Latest posts