Sure feels like it's going to be 49ers-Seahawks again

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
It's awesome having this incredible Hawks team, but having a great rival like the Niners makes even better. We're lucky to have them. We're lucky to have Kaepertwink, whether you admit it or not, people.

Chapow

Reaction score
googoodan":2ok5unz9 said:
Good day and may your D Line knock that mole off Brees' face.

HaHa! Nice! :thirishdrinkers:

hawker84

Reaction score
googoodan":2kabanra said:
hawker84":2kabanra said:
It seems to me your knowledge of our offense is limited to names you recognize and big individual stats. For entertainment sake, hopefully Harbaugh will recognize what our offense consists of.

Ok, since i don't know your entire offense by name except for the key players, who will step up in the absence of a banged up steve smith? How will you score points on SF defense? you still haven't answered the question.

Oh, but I did. Your reply was basically "pfff... those guys aren't elite," as if that was the question.
Kap needs 3 pro-bowl receivers to score. we do not; we don't have a single pro bowl receiver. How will we score? The same way we have all season - ball distribution, special teams, defense.
And unless you're at Tom Fricken Brady status, you're going to be limited when your offensive weapons are not playing.. You cannot tell me that Vernon Davis, Crabtree, the other starting TE, all out is not going to negatively effect an offense. Other than Boldin, he had No one to throw to...Against a defense like CAR/SEA that is a death sentence. This will not be the case Sunday, he'll have them all back and healthy.

In the end, Kap is still a one read QB. If that one read isn't there, he checks down or runs. You don't think the guy who's had a #1 defense every where he's been knows this and will use it to his advantage?

Where you at Homie? Come on back and explain how i don't know your offense other than the big names and tell me what happend to all those weapons you were talking about and how Kap is their weak link? Come on back and take your whoopin... By the way you had a damn near healthy Steve Smith and still got stomped.. You guys better get some offensive weapons in the offseason, cuz it's obvious Cam cannot do it alone.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawker84":6lhxcupl said:
googoodan":6lhxcupl said:
hawker84":6lhxcupl said:
It seems to me your knowledge of our offense is limited to names you recognize and big individual stats. For entertainment sake, hopefully Harbaugh will recognize what our offense consists of.

Ok, since i don't know your entire offense by name except for the key players, who will step up in the absence of a banged up steve smith? How will you score points on SF defense? you still haven't answered the question.

Oh, but I did. Your reply was basically "pfff... those guys aren't elite," as if that was the question.
Kap needs 3 pro-bowl receivers to score. we do not; we don't have a single pro bowl receiver. How will we score? The same way we have all season - ball distribution, special teams, defense.
And unless you're at Tom Fricken Brady status, you're going to be limited when your offensive weapons are not playing.. You cannot tell me that Vernon Davis, Crabtree, the other starting TE, all out is not going to negatively effect an offense. Other than Boldin, he had No one to throw to...Against a defense like CAR/SEA that is a death sentence. This will not be the case Sunday, he'll have them all back and healthy.

In the end, Kap is still a one read QB. If that one read isn't there, he checks down or runs. You don't think the guy who's had a #1 defense every where he's been knows this and will use it to his advantage?

Where you at Homie? Come on back and explain how i don't know your offense other than the big names and tell me what happend to all those weapons you were talking about and how Kap is their weak link? Come on back and take your whoopin... By the way you had a damn near healthy Steve Smith and still got stomped.. You guys better get some offensive weapons in the offseason, cuz it's obvious Cam cannot do it alone.

awwwww...meanie. :)

Man, did you see the look on Cams face when Dawson kicked the field goal to put them up by 13? I knew it was over.

davidonmi

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":32t2vd6o said:
seahawk12thman":32t2vd6o said:
aawolf":32t2vd6o said:
Call me crazy, but I'll take Olsen over Davis at this point in their careers. Olsen is underrated and Davis is overrated right now.

Call me crazy again, but I'll take Cam over Kap. Cam is the better QB and recognizes things better. Cam's not as accurate with his throws, which is why he's prone to overthrows of open receivers and INTs, but he can do more with less than Kap. I also trust him more to pull out a close game due to his maturity this year (as opposed to his choke-ridden propensities last year).

I also give the Panthers the edge on overall defense. Running game is a draw. The 49'ers have the advantage on the O-line and overall receiving corps.

I'll take the Panthers in a smash-mouth, hard-fought football game. However, either team winning wouldn't surprise me.

Kinda hard to say who I would take, depends on my team. Vernon Davis to me is one of the biggest underachievers of all time. With his skill set and physicality, he should be mentioned in the top 5 tight ends ever but for what ever reason, he only can run three routes effectively. It would be scary if the man had Zack Miller acumen. Olsen is more a find the gaps and make a clutch catch. I consider them different players but Vernon Davis provides greater value to his team.

Cam has showed me something this year. He has grown at a higher rate than Kap but he was also playing at a much lower level. I honestly am not sure who I would take. Kam can run you over, Kap can run around you. Both throw it at a much lower plane and very hard. The thing about Kap is he still forces too many balls and the Niners blow too many time outs and that is disorganization and is going to cost them at some point.
I'm sorry but these two opinions are wrong. Vernon Davis is constantly recognized as the best blocking TE in the league. He has held that title for years as he can literally hold up against a DE in run and pass protection.

In addition, Vernon is already in the top 6 all time for touchdowns by a TE. The 2nd most TDs by a 49er in history (only behind Jerry Rice). He also has the most receiving yards by a TE in playoff history. Think about that. His team has only been to the post season 3 separate occasions, and he already has that honor.

The guy is in a league of his own, and Jimmy Graham only gets recognition for being the best TE in the league because a) Jimmy Graham is hella good and b) Graham is practically a WR in that offense and he sees a lot of passes.

I get you guys hate the 49ers, but your talent evaluation is pretty lacking
I know davis is a good blocker, but a lot of people said Walker was the better blocker of the 2. Is that inaccurate?

Marvin49

Reaction score
davidonmi":2091zvtb said:
SoHo9erFan":2091zvtb said:
seahawk12thman":2091zvtb said:
aawolf":2091zvtb said:
Call me crazy, but I'll take Olsen over Davis at this point in their careers. Olsen is underrated and Davis is overrated right now.

Call me crazy again, but I'll take Cam over Kap. Cam is the better QB and recognizes things better. Cam's not as accurate with his throws, which is why he's prone to overthrows of open receivers and INTs, but he can do more with less than Kap. I also trust him more to pull out a close game due to his maturity this year (as opposed to his choke-ridden propensities last year).

I also give the Panthers the edge on overall defense. Running game is a draw. The 49'ers have the advantage on the O-line and overall receiving corps.

I'll take the Panthers in a smash-mouth, hard-fought football game. However, either team winning wouldn't surprise me.

Kinda hard to say who I would take, depends on my team. Vernon Davis to me is one of the biggest underachievers of all time. With his skill set and physicality, he should be mentioned in the top 5 tight ends ever but for what ever reason, he only can run three routes effectively. It would be scary if the man had Zack Miller acumen. Olsen is more a find the gaps and make a clutch catch. I consider them different players but Vernon Davis provides greater value to his team.

Cam has showed me something this year. He has grown at a higher rate than Kap but he was also playing at a much lower level. I honestly am not sure who I would take. Kam can run you over, Kap can run around you. Both throw it at a much lower plane and very hard. The thing about Kap is he still forces too many balls and the Niners blow too many time outs and that is disorganization and is going to cost them at some point.
I'm sorry but these two opinions are wrong. Vernon Davis is constantly recognized as the best blocking TE in the league. He has held that title for years as he can literally hold up against a DE in run and pass protection.

In addition, Vernon is already in the top 6 all time for touchdowns by a TE. The 2nd most TDs by a 49er in history (only behind Jerry Rice). He also has the most receiving yards by a TE in playoff history. Think about that. His team has only been to the post season 3 separate occasions, and he already has that honor.

The guy is in a league of his own, and Jimmy Graham only gets recognition for being the best TE in the league because a) Jimmy Graham is hella good and b) Graham is practically a WR in that offense and he sees a lot of passes.

I get you guys hate the 49ers, but your talent evaluation is pretty lacking
I know davis is a good blocker, but a lot of people said Walker was the better blocker of the 2. Is that inaccurate?

Thats inaccurate.

Walker improved as a blocker dramatically as his career progressed (he was a WR in college), but Davis is a monster.

hawker84

Reaction score
awwwww...meanie.

Man, did you see the look on Cams face when Dawson kicked the field goal to put them up by 13? I knew it was over.

You can blame your fellow Webzoners, they've stripped me of my humanity, now there's only anger/hatred for anything not Seahawks. lol.

You guys looked pretty darn good Marvin, should be a classic Sunday.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawker84":1m72qaxb said:
awwwww...meanie.

You can blame your fellow Webzoners, they've stripped me of my humanity, now there's only anger/hatred for anything not Seahawks. lol.

You guys looked pretty darn good Marvin, should be a classic Sunday.

I hope so. Not all that confident. The 'hawks in that building have thusfar been 49er kryptonite.

HansGruber

Reaction score
hawker84":m7yc0yos said:

Thing is, Cam didn't lose that game. He's the only reason they were still in it. The defense getting all jumpy and careless is what killed the Panthers.

Sadly for the 49ers, they won't be facing that type of defense here. They'll be playing a brutally physical but disciplined defense, the best in the NFL.

They won't get Seahawk defenders to jump offsides with hard counts, because it's too loud to even hear Kaepernick. Instead, Kaepernick will be running around like a headless chicken trying to change the play with hand signals while simultaneously trying to get the ball snapped before the play clock expires. There will be false starts and delay of game penalties to contend with, rather than the free gift of drive-extending offside penalties against the opposing defense. It's been a consistent problem for SF every time they come here.

I can't wait.