Sure feels like it's going to be 49ers-Seahawks again

49ers

Reaction score
The fans on this forum sure do look ahead a lot. I see "Panthers" and "49ers" and even "Packers" a ton more than I see...... uhhhhh..... who are you playing again? Hell, I wouldn't even know reading these forums.

I want to see the best teams play in the NFCCG. The Saints don't look like the same team from the regular season, and the 49ers won the same way they always do.

Next up, the Panthers & Seahawks. Can't wait to see what everyone is made of!

Atradees

Reaction score
I just like they get the chance to beat the heck out of each other. Its almost like tenderizing a steak. (9ers and Panthers)

The Radish

Reaction score
49ers":3pqvzeav said:
The fans on this forum sure do look ahead a lot. I see "Panthers" and "49ers" and even "Packers" a ton more than I see...... uhhhhh..... who are you playing again? Hell, I wouldn't even know reading these forums.

I want to see the best teams play in the NFCCG. The Saints don't look like the same team from the regular season, and the 49ers won the same way they always do.

Well don't write checks with your keyboard your team might not be able to cover.

:les:

BadFish

Reaction score
Ahh yes, looking at the next game instead of the one in front of you. A classic mark of a team without a championship.

49ers

Reaction score
The Radish":96413vho said:
Well don't write checks with your keyboard your team might not be able to cover.

Yeah well.... uhhhhh....... w... we....... uhhhh............ ................ what? :p

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Shadyhawk182":1dzbwntg said:
FlyingGreg":1dzbwntg said:
Saints can be as motivated as they want. That D is ripe for the picking.

But our offense hasnt been much better at times.

Our offense scored 27 of the 34 points we put up on them last game, without Harvin.

Saints have lost Vaccaro since then, now likely Haralson and Lewis.

Ripe for the picking.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
BadFish":3mieqv7e said:
Ahh yes, looking at the next game instead of the one in front of you. A classic mark of a team without a championship.

You probably won't last long here...but...

Explain how it matters if fans are overlooking a team. Go ahead and rub some brain cells together before you respond.

Good news is, you have my vote for dumb post of the month...and its a good chance you will win, even though its only January 5th.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Shadyhawk182":2bgfmon5 said:
I'm more concerned about saints.
This is a game where the Seahawks being the better team could almost be equalized by the Saints with extra motivation, Beastquake + last time they were here.
They are absolutely playing with something to prove. That scares me IF and only IF our team plays like it did off and on the past few weeks.
If we win against the Saints, i dont care who we play in the NFCC....try to stop the Seahawks a game away from the superbowl...anyone.

I'm more inclined to think that motivation you speak of would have made an impact on MNF. It didn't matter then and it won't matter next weekend.

kmedic

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2uu0ehpx said:
Shadyhawk182":2uu0ehpx said:
FlyingGreg":2uu0ehpx said:
Saints can be as motivated as they want. That D is ripe for the picking.

But our offense hasnt been much better at times.

Our offense scored 27 of the 34 points we put up on them last game, without Harvin.

Saints have lost Vaccaro since then, now likely Haralson and Lewis.

Ripe for the picking.

Agree with this completely. The only way you are going to beat us at home (or away for that matter) is to hold our offense to under 20 points. Cuz as sure as the sun shines, our D ain't givin' up more than 20.

Sorry NO fans, but I just don't see the 'Aints holding our offense, as struggling as it has been the past few weeks, to under 20 points this weekend.

The Radish

Reaction score
49ers":16a52dsn said:
The Radish":16a52dsn said:

Yeah well.... uhhhhh....... w... we....... uhhhh............ ................ what? :p

Sorry I changed it. Remember,,,,,I'm old.

lol

Joey13091

Reaction score
I'm more worried about the Saints at this point, because they are our next opponent.

Polaris

Reaction score
Joey13091":s8vhodl1 said:
I'm more worried about the Saints at this point, because they are our next opponent.

I agree. I also think that Niner fans should be worrying a lot more about the Panthers than any possible rematch with us. The Panthers are every bit as good as the Niners esp on Defense, they are at home, and they are rested (and oh yes, they BEAT the Niners this season).

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Man, a lot of threads about the Niners today. I would of thought many of us would rather break down and look at the team we actually play next week in the Saints.

NINEster

Reaction score
Hawkfish":z1sp6ewl said:
I would like to see the record of the away team on their THIRD away game, has to be horrible.

You have to be a 5th/6th seed to do it.....Pittsburgh '05 I believe was a 5.....Giants '07 definitely was a 6.

Polaris

Reaction score
NINEster":wq14uy2e said:
Hawkfish":wq14uy2e said:
I would like to see the record of the away team on their THIRD away game, has to be horrible.

You have to be a 5th/6th seed to do it.....Pittsburgh '05 I believe was a 5.....Giants '07 definitely was a 6.

There are rare cases in the regular season where a team might have three road games in a row. Also in the case of wildcard teams, it's possible to have one or even two regular season road games before an initial road game.

The last playoff team to win the SB from a wildcard spot (not play in the WC round) was Green Bay in 2010 as the sixth seed. They did NOT go into the playoffs on a roll, however.

I think the last team to win a SB coming into the playoffs on a 5+ win streak is the 2005 Steelers.

googoodan

Reaction score
49ers":3i3ztnr4 said:

weird. I see you doing the same.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Woah.

Slow down.

Peeps on TV keep mentioning that Crabtree was still out the first time around, but they also lost Vernon in the first quarter and they lost their #3 TE (Celek) in the first half. IE, this TE Driven offense lost 2 of its top 3 TEs and the only guy left playing was a rook who dropped what could have been a game changing pass. They ended up playing most of the game with O-Linemen playing TE.

Now they have all those TEs back, have Crab back, and even have a viable 3rd wr in Patton. IE, this is a VERY different team than the one that played the Panthers in the regular season. That much is true.

I am in no way looking past the Panthers tho. They are completely capable of beating the Niners. IF the niners DO win the SB this year, their road will be through -20 degree windshill in GB, v the Panthers, vs the 'hawks, and probably against cold weather again and the Broncos. Nobody will be able to say it was an easy road. I will route for them every step of the way, but I just think that is just to much of a gauntlet to get through for the Lombardi.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Only an idiot would look past the Panthers. Their offense is middling, but that defense is friggin' ferocious. The 49ers will need to play better than they did at Lambeau to walk out with the win.

googoodan

Reaction score
I'm not exactly overflowing with confidence for our game, but c'mon. We've stopped Gronk, Graham, Gonzo, but now Vernon Davis will be too much?

At least know what's gonna kill us: first, Crabtree and Boldin. Second, our O vs. any 3-4, especially a physical one like the 9ers'.