Votes: 45 53.6%
  • Broncos

Votes: 39 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Rob12":3ctw4f4b said:
Surprised so many are writing off the Broncos so easily. That defense is NASTY. I've never seen a team get pressure on Brady like that. He was on his ass nearly every time he dropped back. He was picked twice.

Carolina looks great, but I don't count out elite defenses so easily. Cam and the Panthers might not have an answer for it.

I could see a 24-17 Carolina win. But I can just as easily see the Broncos grinding out a tough one. It's what they do. Even with an old man at QB.
Yeah, this about covers it. Any given Sunday, still. But, at this point... I give the Broncos about as much chance as Rocky had against Clubber Lang. Hopefully, Denver has some Apollo Creed's in their corner to help prepare them like the 2nd fight knowing what they're up against. Just maybe, Carolina is overconfident and the Broncos go in fighting for their lives and have some surprise looks to catch the Panthers off guard. The Southpaw came out fighting right-handed...

rocky-iii21.gif

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":25bgqz4p said:
Rob12":25bgqz4p said:
Surprised so many are writing off the Broncos so easily. That defense is NASTY. I've never seen a team get pressure on Brady like that. He was on his ass nearly every time he dropped back. He was picked twice.

Carolina looks great, but I don't count out elite defenses so easily. Cam and the Panthers might not have an answer for it.

I could see a 24-17 Carolina win. But I can just as easily see the Broncos grinding out a tough one. It's what they do. Even with an old man at QB.
Yeah, this about covers it. Any given Sunday, still. But, at this point... I give the Broncos about as much chance as Rocky had against Clubber Lang. Hopefully, Denver has some Apollo Creed's in their corner to help prepare them like the 2nd fight knowing what they're up against. Just maybe, Carolina is overconfident and the Broncos go in fighting for their lives and have some surprise looks to catch the Panthers off guard. The Southpaw came out fighting right-handed...

rocky-iii21.gif

Ha. I was thinking exactly the same thing. Only it'll be more like a Rocky VII or VIII movie.
So, of course I'm pulling for Rocky.

Plus the Broncos D is for real. And you bet they're gonna have a little chip on their shoulders.
Should give Cam a hard time.

Go Rocky!

seahawksny

Reaction score
will be same old story of manning in big game
3-4 pics
panthers win easy

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Rob12":2qp4irus said:

The Carolina D is right up there with the Denver D. The Panthers front 7 have a whole lot to do with why we weren't watching the Hawks play this weekend.

I think the Panthers offense will be able to move the ball better than the Denver offense.

Plus, it seems very much like Carolina's having one of those charmed years like we did in 2013... where the whole team is loose and having fun and playing for each other. They don't have the pressure of wiping out the bad taste from SB48, or worrying about Manning's legacy, or any of that. And I've seen Cam lead a team like this before.

drdiags

Reaction score
A little trivia that thankfully doesn't mean much, but if Cam Newton beats the Broncos in Superbowl 50, there will be 3 black QBs that have won a Lombardi as the starter and all the wins will have come against the Broncos.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
People writing off the Broncos are crazy. Did you guys actually watch that game against the Pats. Denver completely dominated them all game and it was way further away then the score would indicate. Ive never seen Brady that beaten up and absolutely scared out of his mind

drdiags

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":33bo1570 said:
People writing off the Broncos are crazy. Did you guys actually watch that game against the Pats. Denver completely dominated them all game and it was way further away then the score would indicate. Ive never seen Brady that beaten up and absolutely scared out of his mind

Patriots do not have a run game nor the dedication to stick with it. If the Panthers were totally reliant on their WRs to function, then you have a good point. But the Panthers can run and the middle of their OL is going to have to be dealt with. Ware and Miller may not have their names called. I wouldn't write off the Broncos and sort of hope Manning gets his final ring but it is a tall order.

Just seems like a bad match-up for the Broncos.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I don't care, just glad the cheatriots didn't get in. The only thing I care about are my quarter numbers and if I win some cash. I already know the half time show is going to be a snore fest.

byau

Reaction score
As a fan of the Seahawks, I would love to see the Panthers win. Having a REAL new sheriff in town will do wonders for the Seahawks.

As a fan of sports stories, I would love to see Manning win. Great story.

My vote eventually went Panthers, it's really hard to see them not winning. Way too talented all around.

kearly

Reaction score
Carolina's secondary has weak spots not reflected in the season stats. An OC on the field like Manning with a good WR corps can take advantage. Also, Denver's overall pass rush is quite a bit scarier than Carolina's. There is a path to Manning finding success with a safe game plan built off exploiting mismatches. I don't see that path with Cam, I think Cam is really going to struggle.

If Manning doesn't crap all over himself, I think he wins a low scoring game. Carolina is certainly the better team, but it feels like the matchups strongly favor Denver.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Unlike the Patriots, the Panthers have an NFL caliber offensive line and won't be firing their O-Line coach 24 hours after their season is over.

Then again, unlike the Seahawks, the Broncos have an offensive coordinator that will likely come out with a good gameplan and will make early adjustments to it as Carolina show's it's hand rather than waiting until halftime.

-bsd

kobebryant

Reaction score
I've got Panthers, and laid +14. I think it'll be a romp just like 48.

Rooting for them too, really enjoying Cam and that team's type of ball.

kearly

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3cv4hdau said:
Unlike the Patriots, the Panthers have an NFL caliber offensive line and won't be firing their O-Line coach 24 hours after their season is over.

Then again, unlike the Seahawks, the Broncos have an offensive coordinator that will likely come out with a good gameplan and will make early adjustments to it as Carolina show's it's hand rather than waiting until halftime.

-bsd

Take it for what it's worth, but Football Outsiders ranked the Patriots pass protection ahead of Carolina's this season. A lot of that is Brady making his line look good, but all the same, its a line that had been respectable on the season going into the Denver game, and Denver's pass rush destroyed them.

Them firing the OL coach was classic scapegoating, like the Packers firing Bostic and their special teams coach after the NFCCG last year. I'm pretty sure that if the Patriots had made one more play at the end of the game and won in overtime, that they would not have fired anybody.

If I'm that OL coach I'm pretty pissed, because Bill Belichick's decision to not kick field goals in the 4th quarter was a huge reason they lost the game. Belichick is the biggest goat for that loss and he knows it. Hence the scapegoating.

McCarthy also fired people to cover up for his game management incompetence, though for McCarthy it was for being too conservative.

Greenhell

Reaction score
drdiags":1ud7f462 said:
A little trivia that thankfully doesn't mean much, but if Cam Newton beats the Broncos in Superbowl 50, there will be 3 black QBs that have won a Lombardi as the starter and all the wins will have come against the Broncos.

Interesting. I think it will happen.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
There's no way Seattle was beating Carolina.

The Panthers took their foots off the gas. Human nature...you have a team full of guys that only have one playoff win under their belt, and that against Lindley or whoever the Cardinals trotted out last year.

They go up 31-0, and this young inexperienced team thought the game was over. The coaches might not have taken their foots off the gas, but the players seemed to, and it makes sense....they have almost no experience in the playoffs. On top of that, in all sports, any time a team goes up big the other team usually makes a comeback of some sort. It's human nature to stop trying as hard when you think the game is over.

The Seahawks offensive line would get raped by Denver. It would be exactly like when the Hawks play the Rams, except Denver's offense is far superior to ours.

The real super bowl is Carolina versus Denver.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
I thought the real superbowl was Rams vs. Seahawks. At least that's what Jeff Fisher seems to think.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Ramfan128":12v5r2re said:

The Panthers took their foots off the gas. Human nature...you have a team full of guys that only have one playoff win under their belt, and that against Lindley or whoever the Cardinals trotted out last year.

They go up 31-0, and this young inexperienced team thought the game was over. The coaches might not have taken their foots off the gas, but the players seemed to, and it makes sense....they have almost no experience in the playoffs. On top of that, in all sports, any time a team goes up big the other team usually makes a comeback of some sort. It's human nature to stop trying as hard when you think the game is over.

The Seahawks offensive line would get raped by Denver. It would be exactly like when the Hawks play the Rams, except Denver's offense is far superior to ours.

blah, blah, blah. A Rams fan actually posts such simplistic drivel for two possible reasons. Neither have good intent when the audience is considered.

4fa4b27860498865abe5757b96d0c3cd

Alexander

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2xl8jo0m said:

Nobody's arguing that Carolina played better that day and deserved to win, but it's just ignorant to suggest the second-half comeback wasn't at least somewhat meaningful, and that the 31-24 final result wasn't a better reflection of the two teams' relative quality than the 31-0 halftime score.

For one thing, it's just not true that teams "usually make a comeback of some sort." Arizona tried when facing a much more surmountable deficit, and only worsened the blowout. When one team is truly outmatched by the other, the better team will usually maintain or expand the blowout. It's true they may go prevent late in the game and give up a cheap score or two, but that doesn't describe what happened in the SEA-CAR game. Seattle scored 24 unanswered points (almost 28) over an entire half of football, and several of those touchdowns came when the receivers beat their guys down the field. Doesn't sound like Carolina went prevent to me. They were a little conservative on offense (to avoid turnovers), but it's not like they were running draw plays on 3rd and long.

Also, regarding the idea that teams "usually make a comeback of some sort," consider this factoid:

There have been 141 times in NFL history that a team has trailed by 30 points or more at halftime. Only one team besides the Seahawks (the 1989 Green Bay Packers @ the LA Rams) was able to end the game within one score.

See this thread: http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=123305

Again, Carolina deserved to win. They were the better team this year and that day. But no game ends at halftime, and it's not unreasonable to suggest that if one or two things bounced the Hawks' way in the first half (like recovering the fumble on the Panthers opening drive), that things might have ended differently.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3d9ikbgj said:

No way? Absolutely no way? We had two unlucky picks that set us back too far to play our own dynamic style of offense. Even then we only lost with one score in the end.

Why do you have to be so salty that we're good? The Rams had their shot this year but lost some incredibly easy games. So don't be mad at us for you not making the play-offs. Be mad at your own team.