Can PC ever get the team back to the Super Bowl?

Do you believe Pete Carroll will ever get the Seahawks back to the Super Bowl

• Yes

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 36 85.7%

• Total voters

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I said yes, but it will only be when they make some major changes and develop a D that helps rather than drags down the O, along with an OLine that can run block.

So my answer is a qualified Yes.

Sadly this season's version has been revealed as seriously wanting.

First step, replace the DC with someone who has half a clue about WTF he's supposed to be doing.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Of course not. Weird question.
He isn't coaching for another 5 years. This team is at LEAST 4-5 years away.

(Is anything less than a SB a failure though? We're a bottom-five team or at least bottom 7. Just getting to the playoffs and being competitive in them in a divisional game, or winning a divisional game would be a win. That isn't likely though)

Ozzy

Reaction score
The defense has gotten worse and hasn’t even been above average in over 5 years and that’s with a ton of investments into it. You can win with an average defense but you need an elite QB to overcome that. Geno is good but not great so my answer is no.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
The only way is if he buys em all a ticket
If we'd beat pissburger well i might have felt different but ouch
Never understood why they let woods walk
Stupid stupid stupid lol
Go Hawks

Wheetie

Reaction score
I said yes, but it will only be when they make some major changes and develop a D that helps rather than drags down the O, along with an OLine that can run block.

So my answer is a qualified Yes.

Sadly this season's version has been revealed as seriously wanting.

First step, replace the DC with someone who has half a clue about WTF he's supposed to be doing.
He's doing what Pete Carroll tells him to do.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Of course not. Weird question.
He isn't coaching for another 5 years. This team is at LEAST 4-5 years away.

(Is anything less than a SB a failure though? We're a bottom-five team or at least bottom 7. Just getting to the playoffs and being competitive in them in a divisional game, or winning a divisional game would be a win. That isn't likely though)
On what imaginary planet are we bottom 7, let alone 5?

There are a number of teams that are debatable, but I mean, the Broncos, Cards, Chargers, Commies, Giants, Jets, Panthers, Pats, and Titans all exist this season. That's 9 teams pretty easy right there who are having worse seasons than us and most of them have had worse seasons than us for the last couple of seasons or more.

GemCity

Reaction score
No. His antiquated approach isn’t working in today’s game.

T-Husky has mentioned, in other threads, that PC doesn’t play to win..he plays to not lose (paraphrasing here…).

Now, for below average teams, it keeps you competitive. Low to zero risk. Nail biters…occasional miracle (think RW bailing us out or Geno orchestrating a comeback—which he does rather well).

But, the flip-side to this is, it also keeps above average to good teams…at the same mark.

There’s so much more to this theory…but, it makes sense to me. It’s like the zone we play on defense (to the detriment of some of our players). Do you trust Riq to cover 1 v 1 on a go route? I do. But, do you trust him to tackle a RB? Neither do I. Spoon plays it well…Brooks, for the most part, does too.

It’s low risk…which also tends to be low reward.

I think that mentality doesn’t work as well as it used to. It DOES keep you successful if your measure of success is making the playoffs…or just missing.

But, to be a real threat?

I haven’t put a crazy amount of thought into it and trust our coaches/management but, more than ever before, it “feels” like change needs to happen…now.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I think it's "possible" in a scenario where he gets another 5-10 seasons which I don't think he has because of his age.

I've lost confidence because of all the reasons listed above by others.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
No absolutely not. Let's just say he's predictable Pete. Some coaches have his number and he'll be hard pressed to beat them.

Latest posts