Some of the bad (keep it civil please)

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hawkpower":6euydwts said:
My disappointment isnt what we need to be worrying about.

If the hawks are paying elite money to a QB, at the expense of other positions on the field, but yet arent getting elite results from that QB, the hawks are in trouble. That would indicate that they made a mistake signing Russ to the contract they did. Why weaken your team just to.....to what? Appease the fans? We can find a guy who doesnt provide elite results for much less than 20 per.

Just my opinion but it's a mixed bag. Russ makes some mistakes in his decision making but I can hardly blame the kid for being jumpy back there. He gets absolutely crushed when he stays in the pocket and he gets crushed when he tries to leave it at times.

Give him an offensive line that he actually trusts... I think you see his numbers on 3rd down and in the red zone back to where they should be.

It is fair to criticize him for these plays but I can't get behind the idea that he's holding the team back. It's his play that has bailed the offense out more than his decisions have hurt it.

mrt144

Reaction score
And to some extent, the criticism that he's not seizing opportunities is apt to every quarterback making it a matter of how bad the misses are in terms of game impact.