Some of the bad (keep it civil please)

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Missing the deep ball to Lockett in OT ultimately decided the game. Making that play changes the entire conversation this week. And it was wide open.

A couple more (photos aren't my own, but confirmed these myself on the coach's tape):

3rd-and-4 in the 4th quarter:

CROVqkrUcAAgeoq

Circles in the first two panels show Graham pre-snap. He's originally lined up in the slot. Bengals show blitz, and Russ calls an audible and gestures for Graham to move inline and pass protect. He only needs four yards on this play. Bengals drop out of blitz once Russ calls his audible. Russ throws a low % redline bomb from the 20 which falls incomplete. Again, only needed four yards on this play, but Russ checks to a homerun play for Kearse rather than a short play to anyone else underneath.

Last play of OT for SEA:

CROe SaUcAE9BaM

Jimmy Graham gets open on the curl and his defender actually falls down. It's clear he's the primary here, and he's probably getting at least 20-30 yards on this play if the ball is thrown. Russ starts freaking out a tick too early and takes his eyes off the target. Takes an inexcusable sack. Game over.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I'd be curious to know the percentage of plays and yards of plays gained via breakdowns and Russ is on the run. Unscripted gains appears to be very high and is that sustainable? I'd say not at the current success rate, and could be a huge reason for Russ's current numbers being so good.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Yes. And it's already been pointed out that on the pick in the red zone, a wide-open Graham was thrown to late, resulting in the tip and the pick. Lockette also had a step slanting across the middle. I love our QB, but those are big boy plays he has to make.

sam1313

Reaction score
ivotuk":3ts69o9d said:
Thank you kind sir for putting that in there. I still believe that this team is on the verge of gelling and then tearing the rest of the NFCW a new one.

By the time we get to Arizona, Clark should no longer be the mild mannered version of himself, but instead ripping off body parts and waving then wildly in the air while screaming unintelligibly and spitting fire.

Love that post Ivotuk. Thanks for the new sig. :thirishdrinkers:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I have a few pics of the same kind where we were in spread offense. I was on the side where in the first q we were going from right to left or towards the Ohio River. Will post them in my thread that should be posted later today. Need to fix the pix to work on our site. And my cat is happy to see me.

sam1313

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2bf9hzcy said:
Missing the deep ball to Lockett in OT ultimately decided the game. Making that play changes the entire conversation this week. And it was wide open.

A couple more (photos aren't my own, but confirmed these myself on the coach's tape):

3rd-and-4 in the 4th quarter:

CROVqkrUcAAgeoq

Circles in the first two panels show Graham pre-snap. He's originally lined up in the slot. Bengals show blitz, and Russ calls an audible and gestures for Graham to move inline and pass protect. He only needs four yards on this play. Bengals drop out of blitz once Russ calls his audible. Russ throws a low % redline bomb from the 20 which falls incomplete. Again, only needed four yards on this play, but Russ checks to a homerun play for Kearse rather than a short play to anyone else underneath.

Last play of OT for SEA:

CROe SaUcAE9BaM

Jimmy Graham gets open on the curl and his defender actually falls down. It's clear he's the primary here, and he's probably getting at least 20-30 yards on this play if the ball is thrown. Russ starts freaking out a tick too early and takes his eyes off the target. Takes an inexcusable sack. Game over.

I was screaming at the TV on that last play. of all the damn plays where you can't take a sack and you have to give a receiver a chance to make a play...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And the Defense has blown big boy plays in numerous games lately. Especially with the game on the line. Team losses in all 3 games they dropped.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Thanks Laloosh. Wished I had the time and knowledge to do what you and a select few do here, break down plays and gmaes. Thumbs up!

12thbrah

Reaction score
With all the sacks he's taken so far Wilson is getting happy feet in the pocket. Starts acting like he's getting pressure even when there is none.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
In fairness to Russ, however, he's taken a lot of really bad hits this season. Even the best are susceptible to happy feet syndrome. Ultimately, the organization failed to address the OL situation when the issue was glaring to everyone. Even if the OL starts gradually improving, there's a chance we may feel the repercussions of their early struggles for the weeks to come.

marko358

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3ml4rehb said:
And the Defense has blown big boy plays in numerous games lately. Especially with the game on the line. Team losses in all 3 games they dropped.

Offense is tied for dead last in TDs this season. I blame 90% of this lousy season on that side of the ball.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Russell seems to always be looking for "something better" and then he ends up throwing late or getting sacked. When they need a drive, Russell get the ball out quickly and on time and shows that he can lead the team down the field with relative ease. I think Wilson should study the QBs that get rid of the ball quickly and take what the defense gives them. That would set up the deep ball for later too.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Only one thing that I could say about this game....I did not like the music going into the play. They did not stop the music until they were actually set on our team. Kinda disappointing. I know it seems to be ticky tacky, but it kinda messes with the experience.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Tical21":1vhdbtp1 said:
The worst play of the day was the deep pass to Lockett. If Russ doesn't leave the pocket for no reason, he's got a touchdown.

Yep. And even after inexplicably leaving the pocket for no reason, he had Baldwin over the middle and possibly Graham at the sticks

Laloosh - can we get the A-22 of that one?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1598otjt said:
Win and lose as a team, and these 3 losses are on the team, not just one player or unit.

No but we also need our $20M QB to make these reads and throws too.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Pretty clear based on the great work here that Wilson shares a significant portion of the blame for the offense struggling to put a drive together in the 4th/OT.

It's not harsh to expect him to close the deal. That's why he gets the big bucks. The best QB's in this league find a drive. Six punts in a row to end the game.

He has to do better.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":35i650ay said:
Doesn't change the fact that many are noticing that the Defenses seem to know what's coming. And it has been that way most of the season.
You bet, Bevell's "Keeping It Simple" makes it a little easier for our Receivers, but it also takes a lot of guesswork out of covering our Receivers by the Defenses.
Couple this with the front four blowing through the Seahawks GREEN O-Line, and breaking up a lazy drawn up play scheme.
IF a bunch of fans have figured it out, how hard would it be for the opposition Coaches to scheme up a Defense?

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3dzjy80t said:
Tical21":3dzjy80t said:
The worst play of the day was the deep pass to Lockett. If Russ doesn't leave the pocket for no reason, he's got a touchdown.

Yep. And even after inexplicably leaving the pocket for no reason, he had Baldwin over the middle and possibly Graham at the sticks

Laloosh - can we get the A-22 of that one?
The one in OT?

At work but if you clarify I'll add it. Might already be in another thread.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think what people need to remember is there are 45-60 offensive plays in a game. If we find a handful of plays where Wilson makes a mistake it doesn't mean he's a big part of the problem. Of course he has happy feet at times, any QB would behind that line. Does he miss a couple of throws a game? We can watch almost any Rodgers game and find a couple of throws he misses too. They all do. This team is about to take off. You can tell they're close. The line improved against a solid D-line. Wilson will settle his feet down as the pressure backs off and Lynch coming back will help. Excited for how this team finishes the year.

Laloosh good stuff as usual. Russ earned his criticism on this one.