Keep blaming Geno

hawker84

Reaction score
Not saying he doesn't have his moments, but to call for his benching for Lock is just plain asinine. Even fans of other teams can see the obvious issues on this team and that is the OLine. I called for lineman in the draft , they picked skill players. And today you see why that was two dumb ass picks. Both very good players no doubt, but not what we needed. Our problems are:

Interior OLin
Interior DLine
Head coach
Both coordinators

Fix the OLine issues and Geno is a top 5 QB.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I don’t disagree OL should continue to be improved. They have had a couples chances at some 8+ year starting centers and didn’t take it. When Geno is given a clean pocket and the run game is working, he is an above average guy. Problem is it’s the NFL and he won’t be comfortable often. He didn’t do anything presnap to check into better blocking or identify quick routes, he didn’t take quick throws early in the game to help get any kind of rhythm and instead held onto the ball, and continues to turn the ball over. He had 3 should be interceptions dropped today at an already alarming pace.

This entire season has been a mix of average to below average play besides the Lions game where he was stellar. Against poor defenses he’s really been nothing remarkable. He doesn’t carry the team when things aren’t working. He regresses into awful footwork when gameplan is breaking down which causes errant throws.

Unfortunately these are the same issues that plagued him in NY. First half of last year was a great story, since then he has greatly regressed back to his norm. I was really hoping today would be a game that he did everything right to help the team, win or lose, and instead I’d say a lot of blame continues to fall at his feet.

Last edited:

Xxx

Reaction score
I don’t necessarily disagree OL should continue to be improved. They have had a couples chances at some 8+ year stating centers and didn’t take it. When Geno is given a clean pocket and the run game is working, he is an above average guy. Problem is it’s the NFL and he won’t be comfortable often. He didn’t do anything presnap to check into better blocking or identify quick routes, he didn’t take quick throws early in the game to help get any kind of rhythm and instead held onto the ball, and continues to turn the ball over. He had 3 should be interceptions dropped today at an already alarming pace.

This entire season has been a mix of average to below average play besides the Lions game where he was stellar. Against poor defenses he’s really been nothing remarkable. He doesn’t carry the team when things aren’t working. He regresses into awful footwork when gameplan is breaking down which causes errant throws.

Unfortunately these are the same issues that plagued him in NY. First half of last year was a great story, since then he has greatly regressed back to his norm. I was really hoping today would be a game that he did everything right to help the team, win or lose, and instead I’d say a lot of blame continues to fall at his feet.
He also misread the defense on that pick trying to go to lockett

knownone

Reaction score
Not saying he doesn't have his moments, but to call for his benching for Lock is just plain asinine. Even fans of other teams can see the obvious issues on this team and that is the OLine. I called for lineman in the draft , they picked skill players. And today you see why that was two dumb ass picks. Both very good players no doubt, but not what we needed. Our problems are:

Interior OLin
Interior DLine
Head coach
Both coordinators

Agreed. Geno's fine and not the primary issue. The trolls can have their moment and celebrate a Seahawk's loss like they just won the intellectual lottery.

I mean, it's incredible how many threads/posts we have about Geno. But very little has been said about our defense giving up 300 yards rushing.

DJMOBEY

Reaction score

Interior OLin
Interior DLine
Head coach
Both coordinators

Absolutely wrong.

It's not benching him like it will solve the problems. But he is more mobile and we have to decide if he could be the QB of the future. Geno will never win a SB. He locks on receivers and he fumbles. Need to move on and need to see if Lock could be the guy.

DJMOBEY

Reaction score
Agreed. Geno's fine and not the primary issue. The trolls can have their moment and celebrate a Seahawk's loss like they just won the intellectual lottery.

I mean, it's incredible how many threads/posts we have about Geno. But very little has been said about our defense giving up 300 yards rushing.
Guess what, when the offense goes three and out, or turns it over, time and time again, every defense will struggle.

Xxx

Reaction score
This game sucked. It was just like the first game of the season. We were terrible everywhere. Hopefully we respond like we did after the first game of the season. Geno is our quarterback and it’s ugly but it is what it is. It was so crazy watching our run defense get gashed but this game escalated out of control which points to leadership. Geno doesn’t lead. Bobby should lead but he was getting burned today. It sure spoiled my excitement over Leonard Williams

Ozzy

Reaction score

Being critical of Geno who’s now had 4 games with 2+ turnovers and many more that were dropped or called back after penalties isn’t a “troll” seem opportunist to say that because you’ve been saying he’s playing really well the past few weeks and he continues to do the opposite.

Is he the only problem? Obviously not the defense was bad today and the offensive line lost the battle as well. But Geno played bad too and it’s ok to say that

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Geno deserves his fair share of the blame. He hasn't been playing to a high level. It's not only his fault, but he needs to lead this team. QBs are always going to get the majority of the blame.

I'm a pretty staunch geno defender, but he has been inconsistent to bad the last two weeks especially (discounting the 3 td drives against CLE).

I don't think he gets a ton of help from his receivers, who are talented but struggling to get open quickly. The run game has been feeling absent and ineffective. We don't see a lot of 3rd and shorts.

I continue to beg for a better distribution as well. Charbonnet and Walker accounting for 3 targets is a poor offensive scheme when facing an aggressive pass rush.

A rushing long of 6 yards and a 1.9 YPC is always going make for a tough day.

The defense also played poorly. Riq is a shell of himself in coverage. Outside of Brooks and maybe Mafe, it was a pretty poor performance.

But -- all those excuses aside, Geno is the one snapping the ball and he needs to better read coverage.

renofox

Reaction score
Absolutely wrong.

It's not benching him like it will solve the problems. But he is more mobile and we have to decide if he could be the QB of the future. Geno will never win a SB. He locks on receivers and he fumbles. Need to move on and need to see if Lock could be the guy.
My sentiments exactly. I don't want to see the Seahawks spend $30-40M on Geno next year if Lock can perform anywhere near Geno's level. That's not a high hurdle to clear.

Make Lock the bridge and use whatever capital it takes to draft a QB and at least have a shot of finding the QBOTF.

Who knows, Lock may surprise. But at least we'll have a chance, however small, with Lock and a rookie.

With Geno, there is no chance. Unless you're fine with one and done for another nine frigging years.

Last edited:

NoGain

Reaction score
Geno is not a top 5 QB in the NFL. He's also not the only point of contention and concern for the team. But I've seen just about enough of him to know that he has concerning limitations about his ability to process fast and efficient enough in live action. He's just not able to make the right decisions consistently enough under adversity to compete against the best teams in the league. Just MO.

Geno is a good athlete, has quality arm talent, and has admirable leadership qualities. But to be a top QB, you've got to be able to process so many things in a small window of time and exploit whatever you can of a defense. He's just lacking in the ability to consistently do that, especially against quality teams and defenses.

I truly think we need to see what Lock can do for us at some point, but I think PC is going to be very stubborn about such a thing, even if it's called for.

knownone

Reaction score
Being critical of Geno who’s now had 4 games with 2+ turnovers and many more that were dropped or called back after penalties isn’t a “troll” seem opportunist to say that because you’ve been saying he’s playing really well the past few weeks and he continues to do the opposite.

Is he the only problem? Obviously not the defense was bad today and the offensive line lost the battle as well. But Geno played bad too and it’s ok to say that
OK? There has been a lot of trolling. And I haven't said Geno's played "really well." Now, I've absolutely defended him, but your description is a complete mischaracterization of my comments.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I disagree completely. He sucked big time. Watch a real franchise qb play. Geno is nowhere near close to that. Today of all days should have dispelled that myth, regardless of the o-line. Good to great qbs find a way to make plays, period.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Geno's accuracy has taken a nosedive the last few games. Even with relatively clean pockets at times (not consistently though). Makes one wonder if he's playing injured or something. If he is, then they should definitely get Lock ready to play and let Geno heal.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I disagree completely. He sucked big time. Watch a real franchise qb play. Geno is nowhere near close to that. Today of all days should have dispelled that myth, regardless of the o-line. Good to great qbs make plays, not excuses.
Regardless of the line? They got absolutely destroyed. Baltimore did a great job in coverage as well. Where is he supposed to go with the ball in the two seconds he had with the plays that were called?

Ozzy

Reaction score
OK? There has been a lot of trolling. And I haven't said Geno's played "really well." Now, I've absolutely defended him, but your description is a complete mischaracterization of my comments.
Ok fair enough but your argument always seemed to be he’s playing like a top 10 guy which usually means very well. Geno has flat out been bad the past few weeks and stating that doesn’t make me or anyone else a troll. It’s the truth. Again he’s capable of playing very well and I hope he does but I’m losing hope

Ozzy

Reaction score
Regardless of the line? They got absolutely destroyed. Baltimore did a great job in coverage as well. Where is he supposed to go with the ball in the two seconds he had with the plays that were called?
Line has to get better too for sure. They need to get healthy too and that would help

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
They did draft 2 OL in Olu and Bradford. The problem is that the OL is injured and missing multiple players. The play calling was also not great today.

Having said all that, Geno is clearly getting jumpy and holding on to the ball at times. The pick to Lockett looked like a panic throw to me. Taking 2 sacks at borderline FG range before half is something you just can't do as an NFL QB. Geno may not be the biggest problem, but he's the only one who can fix it and he isn't stepping up to take the mantle.

NoGain

Reaction score
I saw players open that he just didn't see. He could easily have been intercepted 2-3 more times than he was. He's lacking in that ability to see enough of the field in a short amount of time and get the ball out.

There's certain things that just can't be taught or effected if you simply don't have the skill or talent to do so.