Keep blaming Geno

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Just because they were dropped, that doesn't mean they didn't happen. This guy has more luck than just about any QB in the league when it comes to horrible throws that are magically dropped. Including some Pick 6's that should have cost them the game.

I'm not buying any excuses. His decision making is a joke. OFTEN. Cleveland had no business losing that game. Easy walk in Pick 6....dropped.
It's just grasping at anything you can to knock on Geno. Cleveland didn't win. The team didn't execute well until the final drive, which Geno did remarkably well on. Instead of folks celebrating that, I get to read garbage about a pick 6 that never happened instead of what actually did happen. It's ridiculous.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fine, Geno is without fault. I celebrated plenty, IN MY SEAT AT THE GAME. Like I always do. What's f'ing ridiculous is you actling like that wasn't an EASY PICK 6. If that's not Luck, I'm the Easter Bunny.

I give up.........this guy gets more excuses than just about any Hawks player we've ever had.

knownone

Reaction score
Turnovers are volatile. Geno's recent turnovers are concerning, but they are not predictive.

Another concerning situation is at RT. Stone and JP's win rate in pass protection was atrocious. They gave up pressure on 60% of dropbacks.

PeruHawk

Reaction score
Just because they were dropped, that doesn't mean they didn't happen. This guy has more luck than just about any QB in the league when it comes to horrible throws that are magically dropped. Including some Pick 6's that should have cost them the game.

I'm not buying any excuses. His decision making is a joke. OFTEN. Cleveland had no business losing that game. Easy walk in Pick 6....dropped.

A dumb statistic to care about? We shouldn't care that our QB is throwing an alarming amount of Picks and/or picks that are dropped? Um, we should care a LOT. And so should Pete.
I wish I had people making excuses for me if I mess up at work. Geno plays like a**, and it somehow didn't happen. Geno throw a ball RIGHT TO THE DEFENDER who drops an easy pick 6.......but it somehow didn't happen. He has been consistently forcing passes in the end zone. Shocking that he doesn't have several picks in the red zone.
Shouldn't we care that our QB is the 2nd most pressured in the league with mostly a 4 man rush? Please tell me, which active QB would perform well in that circumstance?

NoGain

Reaction score
It is pretty remarkable how many dropped INT's I've seen in the last year with Geno, and about half or more were right there to be had.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Shouldn't we care that our QB is the 2nd most pressured in the league with mostly a 4 man rush?
And if you look at QB play across the league it's not a pretty picture. Obviously we can't drop other QBs into the exact situation Geno is in, but it's reasonable to assume their play wouldn't be much better. A few of the top shelf elite QBs would find a way, but at the median I highly doubt you'd see much of a difference.
Fine, Geno is without fault. I celebrated plenty, IN MY SEAT AT THE GAME. Like I always do. What's f'ing ridiculous is you actling like that wasn't an EASY PICK 6. If that's not Luck, I'm the Easter Bunny.

I give up.........this guy gets more excuses than just about any Hawks player we've ever had.
It's not an all or nothing proposition. I'm not saying Geno is without fault. He doesn't even say that. Any player would want to eliminate turnovers. Harping on the guy over a turnover that never happened is silly though. That was my point.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And ignoring it is equally as silly.
He has a huge chance to step it up this Sunday. And we need him to, big time.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
It is pretty remarkable how many dropped INT's I've seen in the last year with Geno, and about half or more were right there to be had.
Dropped picks happen all the time.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
And ignoring it is equally as silly.
He has a huge chance to step it up this Sunday. And we need him to, big time.
No, it's reasonable to look at plays that actually happened. Living in a fantasy world where a pick 6 occurred and taking that fantasy back into the real world and knocking a guy over it, is not reasonable.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Yeah, Geno's been luckier than a 3-peckered Billy goat in a herd of sheep in that regard. I can't remember a quarterback getting away with more bad throws than I've seen Geno get away with these past 1.5 seasons.

But, I guess it's better to be lucky than good.

NoGain

Reaction score
Dropped picks happen all the time.
Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I watch a lot of football, probably too much, and it's pretty noticeable both the amount of missed picks he's had, and the ease by which many could have been nabbed. Two more yesterday.

knownone

Reaction score
Yeah, Geno's been luckier than a 3-peckered Billy goat in a herd of sheep in that regard. I can't remember a quarterback getting away with more bad throws than I've seen Geno get away with these past 1.5 seasons.

But, I guess it's better to be lucky than good.
Brock Purdy is right up there with Geno. He just hasn't played as many games.

BASF

Reaction score
No, it's reasonable to look at plays that actually happened. Living in a fantasy world where a pick 6 occurred and taking that fantasy back into the real world and knocking a guy over it, is not reasonable.
Carroll said in his press conference that JSN stopped his route leading to the almost pick six. Anyone blaming Geno for it is not living in reality.

PeruHawk

Reaction score
Carroll said in his press conference that JSN stopped his route leading to the almost pick six. Anyone blaming Geno for it is not living in reality.
Indeed. Many on this board seem to forget there are 10 other players on offense. Gino has definitely made some bad plays this year, but guess what, so has every other QB.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Indeed. Many on this board seem to forget there are 10 other players on offense. Gino has definitely made some bad plays this year, but guess what, so has every other QB.
They also seem to forget there's an offensive coordinator calling very very questionable plays given what's unfolding on the field. There were opportunities to punish Baltimore for their aggressive play and Seattle never did anything. Waldron was just dialing up slow developing plays over and over. Playing right into Baltimore's game plan.

It's like he had a blindfold on.

PeruHawk

Reaction score
They also seem to forget there's an offensive coordinator calling very very questionable plays given what's unfolding on the field. There were opportunities to punish Baltimore for their aggressive play and Seattle never did anything. Waldron was just dialing up slow developing plays over and over. Playing right into Baltimore's game plan.

It's like he had a blindfold on.
I have been baffled by the number of times its been 3rd and 3 or 4, and all the receivers are running 8 or more yards downfield before their break...... Seems reasonable to have at least ONE short route. I can't remember the last time I saw the running back staying in to block, then release for a wheel route, or a tight end blocking, then release to the short middle.

Last edited:

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I have been baffled by the number of times its been 3rd and 3 or 4, and all the receivers are running 8 or more yards downfield before their break...... Seems reasonable to have at least ONE short route.
Yeah that's also been really frustrating. Seattle will also be running the ball very effectively and for seemingly no reason at all they completely stop running the ball. Why wouldn't you keep doing something your opponent is having a hard time countering?