So, who are you rooting for now?

Chapow

Reaction score
I'll be rooting for the Cards and I'll be pretty enthusiastic about it. It's pretty easy for me to hate the Rams and 49ers, and especially their fans, but for some reason I just can't muster any hate for the Cards. Quite frankly, I kinda like the Cards and like many others that has a lot to do with Fitz and to a much lesser extent, Palmer. Also, the Cards haven't won a league championship since 1947, that's pretty brutal.

If the Cards lose I won't really care anymore who wins other than not really wanting to see the Pats win again.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm rooting for Arizona and New England. Then rooting for New England to win it.

My rationale is this... They've already win a bunch, so one more is no big deal. I absolutely do not want cam newton to win it. I wouldn't mind fitz winning one, but I don't want Arians to win one and I don't want to deal with an influx of high and mighty cardinal fans for the next year.

I'd actually prefer Denver over New England, but I think the pats have a better chance of beating the NFC teams I want to lose, so New England is the pick.

byau

Reaction score
In order:
Broncos
Patriots
Cardinals
Panthers

Broncos: love their defense, like Peyton Manning (old man like me coming back from neck surgery is a great story), hate Elway, but wife's born in Denver and also good friend at work is a Broncos fan

Patriots: call me crazy, I actually like the Patriots. Don't like Patriots fans much, but like the team

Cardinals: I like Fitz, don't like Arians, I kinda like Palmer (another old man trying to do it)

Panthers: I like their D, especially their three linebackers. Really don't like Cam, what's up with destroying other people's property dude? That's a step too far, otherwise I'd like you

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Preferably Cards, just for Fitz. Denver and AZ would be my ideal matchup. Hate NE, and i really hope to see Cam sulking on the sideline next week.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Laloosh":3md7hhyi said:
I am rooting for Larry Fitzgerald.

Me too. Well, and his whole team - Arizona all the way.

I will be very sad if any of the AFC teams win it all again. And I want the NFC W in the SB.

eta: I am overwhelmed by my happy family in Arizona. It's just simply precious: I am rooting for Arizona for them as much as anything I want. They are so excited and adorable.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
New England. I just like Tom Brady too much and feel like he deserves to win a Super Bowl where everyone isn't pathetically bitching about how the team "cheated".

ivotuk

Reaction score
Cardinals. Go Fitz! Go Carson Palmer (who got robbed by a Sealer cheap shot).

Besides, I like playing in the best division in football.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Broncos and Cards. I'm not sure after that. I guess AZ, but I have a feeling we're looking at a Panthers Patriot Rematch with the same results as last time.

RussB

Reaction score
Cardinals , because they are from the NFC west and represent our division i guess.

canfan

Reaction score
kearly":t0ulks7t said:
Before the game I wanted Carolina to go the distance if they beat Seattle.

But after seeing Carolina pull that cheap stunt of turning their field into shit and practicing for it to gain a massively unfair competitive advantage in the first half... that pisses me off. You will never convince me that they resodded that field 6 days before the game for any reason other than to screw Seattle early. It's bush league bullshit, and if I were Pete Carroll, I would file a complaint to the league and ask them to consider a way of preventing such tactics in the future.

I hope Bruce Arians' team destroys Carolina next week.

On the AFC side, I'm rooting for Denver, but I am fairly ambivalent. A Pats or Donks SB win would be obnoxious, but it would help strengthen Seattle's legacy in a roundabout way.

I agree about the Panthers, but I would like it best if Fitz can make a game changing catch right in front of the Cardinals bench, have to toe drag to get his second foot down and is unable to avoid knocking Arians right out from under his Kangel. Fitz is the hero and Arians can be told all about it after he comes out of the coma after their SB loss. :th2thumbs:

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
BHawk28":3hfovtzp said:
Broncos, Cards, Panthers, Patriots

I despise the last two, but even they're separated by gulf of detest. Like others have said, Broncos winning would enrage Pats fans. Plus, they kinda deserve a high after that low of SB48. Don't like Arizona much. But compared to the other NFC team? I watched that NFL Network special on Arians and don't hate him as much. And again, after their SB against the Steelers and last season's demise, on top of their entire history, they're due a title. Like many others, I loathe Cam. He's like the John Cena of football. Seems like a great guy off the field, even in commercials. And some of his fans use him like an avatar. Insufferable. Needn't say anything re: Pats...

Edit: What's the toughest SB you watched, because of the teams (excluding Seattle)? I've only been watching since Nov. 2007. I actually rooted for the Pats against the Giants.

I also saw that special on Arians and he actually doesnt seem all that bad TBH. Cam isnt the Cena of Football..I would say Brady is more like Cena. If we are using wrestling references I would say Cam is more like Seth Rollins.

And IDK how the Steelers vs Packers superbowl isnt the toughest in the recent era to watch for any of the fans here...my hatred for both those teams is through the roof

JSeahawks

Reaction score
For all you guys picking the cardinals, do you realize all the card fans that will suddenly appear here to annoy us for the next 365 days? It will be as bad as the 49er epidemic of '13.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
JSeahawks":rne85wk1 said:
For all you guys picking the cardinals, do you realize all the card fans that will suddenly appear here to annoy us for the next 365 days? It will be as bad as the 49er epidemic of '13.

But all 3 of us all already here...

Laloosh

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":3vaw8poj said:
JSeahawks":3vaw8poj said:

This.

They don't watch football down there. They play shuffleboard and run nick-nack shops.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":c2cs9k0m said:
JSeahawks":c2cs9k0m said:

This is how it begins.... First it was just box and rlkats, and it was all cute and stuff, then we let in Marvin and 55 more follow him in the door. It finally took exterminator tomsula to rid us of most of them, now were getting the first way of cardinal fans. If they win it all this place will be covered in bird shit and red feathers.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":215jlekv said:
Even more important than the grass vs. turf debate IMO is that the NFL get off its @ss and mandate that both teams have to play the game on the same field.

Until they do that, there will always be lingering questions about how the field unfairly favored one team over the other.

I see what you did there. Nothing gets by me, you see?

soohawk

Reaction score
Can you imagine the cocktail of painkillers and HGH they will have Manning on if they make the Superbowl? It'll have to be at least 2x-3x more than the one he will eat monday morning so he can move his arm after a cold day getting pounded by a bill belichick defense.

Latest posts