So we have one of the best

GemCity

Reaction score
…backfields in the league now.
…WR corps in the league now
…QBs, per last years performance, in the league now
…DB’s, with the addition of Spoon, in the league now

Anyone else projecting a win or two above last season but know in your mind that there’s potential for higher…much higher?

I’ve typically been a pessimist when it comes to predictions. And I know this sounds crazy….I see us taking 13 games and making a very deep run in the playoffs.

Super Geeked for this season.

Last edited:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I predict 2-3 games better in the standings . Of course they'll struggle early and figure it out
You forgot to add onto the part about struggling early that 3/4 of .net will be on meltdown and will be calling for Pete’s head. Never mind that’s how Pete’s teams usually start out. :rolleyes:

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
…WR corp in the league now

Anyone else projecting a win or two above last season but know in your mind that theirs potential for higher…much higher?

I’ve typically been a pessimist when it comes to predictions. And I know this sounds crazy….I see us taking 13 games and making a very deep run in the playoffs.

I am officially AS STOKED for this season as I've ever been.

No reason it can't be us this year. F Philly. F the Cowboys. We're coming!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I hope they get into double digit wins. That would be nice.

I'm certain they will drop a game or two that everyone says should be wins on paper. It happens every season.

morgulon1

Reaction score
You forgot to add onto the part about struggling early that 3/4 of .net will be on meltdown and will be calling for Pete’s head. Never mind that’s how Pete’s teams usually start out. :rolleyes:
Correct.

My mistake , .Net will lose its ever loving mind and want players benched , traded,
Cut, euthanized. Carroll and Schneider taken on a one way ride.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Deep, young and talented. No albatross contracts that are impossible to get out of, and a full clip of draft ammo going forward.

They're in a good spot after weathering a heck of a storm. And their brief "dip" was what some organizations would see as a mild success.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
“Theoretically” every team after an NFL draft “should” be “better.”

But that’s not always the case.

We believe the rookie additions are talented and we will see how they play in an NFL game.

I believe Seattle has a top 5 WR duo in the league based on NFL games played. There shouldn’t be a drop off on talent in that area.

If you are adding “potential” talent to that again with JSN, Seattle only further cements itself as a good receiving corp.

The one thing I have the most concerns with is RUN STOPPING.

If Seattle can stop the RUN this year or be better than it was last year, it would mean, Seattle can win 2 or 3 games more—just cause you’ll have more play clock and more chances on offense to score more points cause the other team isn’t controlling the clock as much.

I still think Seattle can win 12 games this year if they can stop the run better than they did last season.

Just please do not lose to an entire division again, like last year. That was embarrassing and Josh Jacobs running all over Seattle was very difficult to watch.

Please none of that this season and Seattle should be on pace to win 12 games or so.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Deep, young and talented. No albatross contracts that are impossible to get out of, and a full clip of draft ammo going forward.

They're in a good spot after weathering a heck of a storm. And their brief "dip" was what some organizations would see as a mild success.
Well said.

I do believe that: "a full clip of draft ammo" is my favorite phrase of the week!

bileever

Reaction score
…WR corps in the league now

Anyone else projecting a win or two above last season but know in your mind that there’s potential for higher…much higher?

Love your enthusiasm, but it's still too early. JSN, Charbonnet and McIntosh are unproven commodities, as is Witherspoon. I think I would describe my outlook as being more cautiously optimistic. Not being a downer--in fact, I'm definitely more excited than I've been in a while, but until that O-line and D-line come together, we're not unseating the 49ers in the NFC West.

chris98251

Reaction score
Doesn't matter about your skill positions if the Lines don't rise to the task, all those skill players need to get the ball and have a place to go or have a QB have time to get it there, on defense if your gashed by the run it means the LB'S and D line can't hold up to the task, an all star secondary is wasted without run support and pressure on the QB.

If we improve there, we can do some serious damage.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I of the mindset we will go as far as our Front 7 and OL will take us. I don't think Geno is the type of QB to overcome poor O Line play and our D Line has a lot to prove after the catastrophe of our run defense last year. I do think both units will be better. I think Geno won't be first half season Geno but a little better than 2nd half season Geno. Overall I think our team is improved and we have more depth. Will need a few players to really pop.

Last year we though we had Taylor and Brooks who were going to establish themselves. This year I think there is more promising young core that could lift us to a Playoff victory.

Ozzy

Reaction score
My heart tells me this is a 12 win team.

My gut tells me Geno implodes and the season falls apart.

My brain tells me I have no idea what's going to happen
I'm in a similar boat. I know people talk as if Geno is a sure thing and if you disagree you're just a hater but his second half scares me a little still. Wouldn't shock me if he improves or falls off a cliff a little......I have no idea.

chris98251

Reaction score
Second half teams had film and tendencies to work from, secondly the run game slowed down with injuries, third aspect is freshman slump to our rookie O line guys, the longer season catches up to them, there are no pancake teams in the NFL, every player is the like the best guy on every team they played in college and that wears them down as a rookie.