One of the best played games in years!

Rainger

Reaction score
That was a complete game and effort from a completely beat up team. Haven't seen that intensity in years.

This IS 2012.

The Giants were a playoff team and the league gave them 3 consecutive prime time games. Plus the refs in the first 1/4 tried Sooo hard to steer the game.

But the Hawks said NFW this is OUR game. There will be down times later in the season, BUT they have turned the corner from the last few years of ME3.

Rat

Reaction score
I know football isn't important in the scope of things, but I really needed tonight. In the past ten days I have: gotten sick, gone to jail, got kicked out of the house I was staying and have been living out of my car, had my car impounded, had two women I had romantic interest completely cut off communication with me (one flat-out ghosted me), got written up at work, got a $100+ traffic ticket (unrelated to the impounding), and felt so stressed, lonely and helpless that I've been breaking down crying constantly and can barely sleep.

Tonight was good though. I missed the first half while having a great time with my 8-year-old daughter, who is the only thing holding me together right now, and even though I was alone, I genuinely enjoyed watching a stream of the second half from my ex-wife's driveway while stealing her wifi. These escapes are important in giving us sanity and balance. Thank you, Seahawks, I really needed it.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
I know football isn't important in the scope of things, but I really needed tonight. In the past ten days I have: gotten sick, gone to jail, got kicked out of the house I was staying and have been living out of my car, had my car impounded, had two women I had romantic interest completely cut off communication with me (one flat-out ghosted me), got written up at work, got a $100+ traffic ticket (unrelated to the impounding), and felt so stressed, lonely and helpless that I've been breaking down crying constantly and can barely sleep.

Tonight was good though. I missed the first half while having a great time with my 8-year-old daughter, who is the only thing holding me together right now, and even though I was alone, I genuinely enjoyed watching a stream of the second half from my ex-wife's driveway while stealing her wifi. These escapes are important in giving us sanity and balance. Thank you, Seahawks, I really needed it.
Hang in there brother.

toffee

Reaction score

Hang in there dude, and think positive. Like our defense, when it's ready to turn around, it will.

olyfan63

Reaction score
<snip of sequence of unfortunate events>

WOW, that tops ANY week I've ever had, not that it's a contest, though I had a doozy of a week 20 years ago. My first thought was, "high conflict divorce" but that's apparently not quite the situation; I'd PM you if it was.

Hang in there, brother, I guess the lone bit of good news in there is that you only got written up at work, not canned?

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.

Dawg...keep your head up. 😟 It DOES get better, even when it looks like it can't. At least you got to watch it with your princess!

rjdriver

Reaction score

It sounds to me like football can be important in the scope of things.

It Ok not to be OK, hang in there dawg. I'm glad you have your baby girl and a Hawks team balling out right now.

Rat

Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't trying to hijack the thread, just agreeing with OP that this was a thoroughly enjoyable watch tonight. Guess I needed to vent a little too lol

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words though. I'm sure I'll be ok. If it helps, I'm not a Mariners fan.

evergreen

Reaction score
Spoons house call got us up and cheering. The timing of that was incredible. Looked bad until it didn’t!

DJrmb

Reaction score

As others have said hang in there man. I know what you mean too about a football game being able to lift your spirits. Hopefully this is the start of the way back up from the bottom of a crap week+. Happy to see guys here too that care enough to speak up and say something. Better things are ahead man, just keep pushing forward.

fenderbender123

Reaction score

I found this amusing, but I don't mean that in an insulting way. Love your energy. Things will get better for you.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
On Defense I'd agree, but our offense was terrible last night. Not gonna beat good teams with that kind of offensive performance...