So, we officially have hope for the season, right?

CPHawk

Reaction score
We need to sign a LB and SS. Sucks we didn’t get Martinez

Rainger

Reaction score
I have been screaming PLAYOFFS from day freaking 1! Glad to hear some of you are coming around!
Spohawks quote in another thread regarding "Geno the worst ever starting Seahawk QB of all time."

"At least we felt there was potential with the 90's QBs...this is disheartening. I don't even have season tickets and I want my money back!"

Playoff??? Playoffs???

Hmmmmm why would someone want their money back if they are screaming the Hawks are going to the playoffs???

Last edited:

Spohawks

Reaction score
Spohawks quote in another thread regarding "Geno the worst ever starting Seahawk QB of all time."

"At least we felt there was potential with the 90's QBs...this is disheartening. I don't even have season tickets and I want my money back!"

Playoff??? Playoffs???

Hmmmmm why would someone want their money back if they are screaming the Hawks are going to the playoffs???
This is where reading comprehension comes into play. You can go to any Super Bowl team and find a position that was filled with guys who a fan felt there was zero potential.

I wrote "At least we felt there was potential with the 90's QBs".

And I stand by that. At the start of the season I found zero potential in Geno, and I don't want to pay cash for a trash QB.

However I was the only person in the United States (Maybe the world) saying the Hawks are going to the playoffs.

Rainger

Reaction score
This is where reading comprehension comes into play. You can go to any Super Bowl team and find a position that was filled with guys who a fan felt there was zero potential.

I wrote "At least we felt there was potential with the 90's QBs".

And I stand by that. At the start of the season I found zero potential in Geno, and I don't want to pay cash for a trash QB.

However I was the only person in the United States (Maybe the world) saying the Hawks are going to the playoffs.
Please show me those posts!! I reviewed all of your posts going back to July. Please show me where you predicted that the Hawks were playoff bound other than in the last couple of days.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Please show me those posts!!
I am not sure if I have the energy and boredom to look them up but if I run into them, I will.

And to whoever reads this...when the realization finally hits you that the Seahawks are going to the playoffs, just know Spohawks has been there for a while!

Scout

Reaction score
You do need the three guys up front to stymie and/or push back the five offensive linemen in order to utilize the unpredictable attacks from the strong/fast guys to kill plays.
Somebody please correct me if I’m wrong here but in my mind when you’re running a 34 defense you’re supposed to be running downhill attacking the s*** out of the offense versus a 43 where you’re playing a little more pass defense and hoping the defensive line can reach the quarterback.
It looks like we’re laying back to try to read the defense while running of 34. That doesn’t make any sense to me
34 one gap is indeed downhill and hit a gap. 34 2 gap requires diagnosis but a lot of the Hawks DL are vets so either way they should know what to do. The iLBs and OLBs though lack experience and must up their game.

Rainger

Reaction score
I am not sure if I have the energy and boredom to look them up but if I run into them, I will.

And to whoever reads this...when the realization finally hits you that the Seahawks are going to the playoffs, just know Spohawks has been there for a while!
LoL You win. I wont ever doubt your posts again. Being rational sometimes might go a long way, padawan.

Spohawks

Reaction score
LoL You win. I wont ever doubt your posts again. Being rational sometimes might go a long way, padawan.
Even though I have been a certified Jedi Knight since around 1985, (I had to write my name in on the certification, it was a promotional thing on the back of a Tide box)

I don't mind double duty...click the image for awesomeness!

Attachments

• 6vt9eb.jpg
    6vt9eb.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, we have hope to be competitive enough to win 6 or 7 games, that's a good thing. And these young guys are getting a ton of reps.
Other than getting flat out dominated by Santa Clara, all the other games have been entertaining.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Hope for what exactly? A winning season? A .500 season? Playoffs? Super Bowl? I think we are getting a little bit ahead of our ski's. It's week 5.
Slightly better than .500 - and possibly a not one and done playoff appearance.

I'm not delusional. Last game Geno is gonna struggle to get us much further than that, and an owl isn't even on the table this year with this D.

Not that long ago it was looking fairly grim IMO.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I don't have any delusions that this team is a SB contender. At best they sneak in as the 7th wildcard and get bounced on the road.

That being said, Geno is playing well and our offense is fun to watch.

Our defense on the other hand is almost unwatchable. But there are injuries and young players here so that's how it goes.

I'm just going to enjoy the games without the stress. Since Russ got here it's been superbowl or bust, and while i'm not saying I woudln't rather be in that mode, I am just enjoying watching football in general more this season without all the stress and expectation.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Think the 9ers are taking the division. We have an outside shot at a wildcard IF the defense can show something.

BASF

Reaction score
Enjoy the good weeks. Find fun things in the bad ones. This team is allowing nearly 29 points a game. The offense was completely blanked two weeks ago.

Regarding getting blanked two weeks ago, we were facing what will turn out to be the best defense in league in my estimation during what for them was a revenge, put the league on notice game. Not to mention that we were coming down from a seriously emotional win on a short week.

Other than one fluke play against the Bears where the weather helped Justin Fields escape a sack and hit on a ridiculous touchdown, the Niners have only given up two touchdown drives this season that went more than 21 yards. Considering they have faced two of the most highly touted offenses coming into the season, that is great defensive performances.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'm pleasantly surprised by the play of Geno this season.

The defense on the other hand has been a disappointment