Sherman on ESPN first take. 12:30

TJH

Reaction score
This is embarassing. "im better at life than you" is something a little girl would say. There's no reason to get so personal. I am officially not a fan of this guy anymore.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Rocket":28ul3ra3 said:
It's simple, really...
he can back it up on the field.

More importantly, as a human being he backs it up OFF the field.

Cool dude. Love his work.

+1

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I'm better at life than you is simply the truth. It's been a joke statement on the web and in pop culture for years, Sherman didn't invent it, I love everything Sherman said. Skip Bayless has no class and no spine, he takes blatant and foul pot shots at players all day every day without allowing them to defend themselves and that is how he makes a living. He has a big head and actually believes he is worth something in the sports world. He is nothing, and Sherm summed up his contributions perfectly, Skip's mouth spews "pollution", he is not credible whatsoever, he is a circus side show.

Throwdown

Reaction score
TJH":205v88bb said:
This is embarassing. "im better at life than you" is something a little girl would say. There's no reason to get so personal. I am officially not a fan of this guy anymore.

lol Your loss.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
TJH":w64ey9ac said:
SNDavidson":w64ey9ac said:
Skip Bayless has no class

And neither does Sherman.

Let me know when you go to the inner city to encourage youth to pursue their dreams, or randomly purchase a meal for a hungry homeless person on the side of the road.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Huge fan of Sherman, supported everything he's done... up until this point. I love the trash talk, I think he's a master of playing mind games and getting into his opponents heads. And I think it's great he's brought so much attention to the Seahawks. The hate we're getting from opposing fans and players is great!

But wasn't a fan of this. He seemed a little tired and cranky. Wasn't his best work. :Dunno:

Throwdown

Reaction score
I don't know why people are on here excusing Bayless for throwing darts at Sherman not expecting him to send a few back his way?

TJH

Reaction score
SNDavidson":3u3ch09z said:
TJH":3u3ch09z said:
SNDavidson":3u3ch09z said:
Skip Bayless has no class

And neither does Sherman.

Let me know when you go to the inner city to encourage youth to pursue their dreams, or randomly purchase a meal for a hungry homeless person on the side of the road.

THat does not equate to class. You cannot honestly say that someone who would tell another grown man "I am better at life than you" is classy.

TJH

Reaction score
Throwdown":30nquk62 said:
I don't know why people are on here excusing Bayless for throwing darts at Sherman not expecting him to send a few back his way?

Talking about football is one thing, getting personal like that is another.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I'm glad he went after Bayless, didn't expect anything different from him. And Bayless deserves the beating!

I just think Sherman for whatever reason didn't do a very good job on this one. I like the idea of it, I just think the execution was a little lacking.

Sherman is still mann though.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
TJH":3tehzk90 said:
THat does not equate to class. You cannot honestly say that someone who would tell another grown man "I am better at life than you" is classy.

Yes you can, you can say that particular act is not classy, that would be fair. Skip does this every day, Sherm gives props to db's and receivers and other qb's where it's due, he simply defends himself fiercely, if you want him to be a pussy so be it, I love the guy.

Throwdown

Reaction score
TJH":139yqrjc said:
Throwdown":139yqrjc said:

Talking about football is one thing, getting personal like that is another.

He got personal first! Did you miss that whole part and jump to a conclusion that Sherm just acted like an ass for no reason?

HawkGA

Reaction score
I would generally not be a fan of Sherman on this and have been critical of him in the past. But I've got to say, of the 3 main instances I've seen of his trash talking that I thought was over the line (Brady, the OT from Washington, and now Skip), he does a really good job of picking his opponents. Brady is kind of a whiny douche, the full clip of the Washington incident completely cleared Sherman, and Skip, well, what can you say about Skip? He probably brought it a little more than he needed to, but let's all be honest, Skip deserves the Chris (er, Jim) Everett Jim Rome treatment.

Greenhell

Reaction score
I bought two jerseys this past season. One was Wilson and the other....

#25 Sherman. I think I made the right choice.

Sherm handling grown man business with a ninja sword and lopping off heads.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I totally cracked up at how Steven A Smith was just sitting there listening and didn't say a word. He handled it well and waited to bring up football and Seahawk talk after Sherm's verbal beat down of Skip.
I actually loved the interview, I don't get why people are so bunged up about it. Sherm was just dishing out what was thrown at him.

BBHawks

Reaction score
This is a net loss for Sherman. Outside of Seahawk world, very few fans like the guy to begin with because he's a trash talker. He doesn't need to be hammering an old fool like Skip Bayliss with stuff like "I'm better at life than you!" Just laughing him off and saying "scoreboard - look at the numbers and get back to me" would have gone a lot farther. That's just painful to watch a big NFL player freaking over some old sports writer. He comes off as a bully.

He's a great corner. Just my opinion, but I think he needs to let his play talk for him, continue to do his wonderful community work and shut the hell up.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Fire with Fire, that's all this is. It's understandable if it rubs you the wrong way, but Sherm is who he is, it is not an act.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
This is the only time Sherman has went after a media figure and frankly, he couldn't have picked a better guy to direct it at. I would bet money that he never talks that way to anyone else.

Bayless has spent an eternity proving he actually knows little and taking shots at pro athletes for stuff that isn't even accurate.

Baylee's didn't come out and say "I think you are not in the same class as Revis". He said flat out he wasn't as if it was fact, when factually the stats say he is. That is why Sherman went after him.

Latest posts