Seahawks Sign Michael Bennett!!! one year 5 MM

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Ok, looks like we're knocking out the D line. I honestly do not follow college much, so what is LB looking like in this class?

w00t

Reaction score
per Bruce Irvin twitter: "WE gon b fighting for sacks next year lol"

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
It's very obvious PCJS think that our window is NOW...and NEXT YEAR....AND MAYBE THE NEXT. I could die happy with a Seahawks dynasty.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
When we had him we played him at DT. I assume we do so also?

Smoke

Reaction score
themunn":23emdy3x said:
HawksSoc":23emdy3x said:
HawksSoc":23emdy3x said:
Also, anyone project the starting front 4 for week one now?

Bryant - Rookie - Mebane - Bennett maybe?

Or

Bryant - Bennett - Mebane - Avril

Or even

Bennett - Rookie - Mebane - Avril (sorry Red)

Avril - Bennett - Mebane - Clemons (if recovered) - Irvin

With Wags, KJ and Kam just behind, ET deep and Browner and Sherm patrolling the sidelines.

HOW DO YOU DEFEND THAT ****

How do you OFFEND that?

Sac

Reaction score
3rd and 11

Clem, Bane, Bennet, Avril, Irvin, Wagz, Earl, Kam, Sherm, BB....Lane?

Boom.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
razgriz737":2ij3ri5g said:
chawx":2ij3ri5g said:
Michael Bennett, Chris Clemons, Cliff Avril and Bruce Irvin had 38 sacks last season.

:179417:
faint-o.gif

Ok but to be realistic they won't all be on the field at the same time. Only 2 of them will likely play at the same time so it's kinda a moot point to calculate their combined sack numbers from last year.

USChawk

Reaction score
Unbelievable offseason. Sign Branch and then trade all of our draft picks for picks next year because there aren't a lot of rookies that will make this team. LOL

mikeak

Reaction score
If you sack on 1st down then suddenly 2nd and 3rd down becomes passing downs :D

I might have to pick Seattle D first in FF this year.....

Decimation

Reaction score
Wow! Love it. These are great moves, it looks like we have lots of depth at pass rush now.

Erebus

Reaction score
This is a great signing. I really hope he replaces Red Bryant at LDE. According to Pro Football Focus, he was the 7th best 4-3 DE last year. 10th rushing the passer and 7th against the run. For comparisons sake, Red was the 60th (of 62) best 4-3 DE last year.

GCrow

Reaction score
So many adjectives to describe how i feel right now. I just, I...

#GOHAWKS!!!!!!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":16ax29ol said:
Hilarious comment on this article

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -seahawks/

"Isn’t there a salary cap in the NFL or is pete carroll at it again?"

It does make you wonder where they are getting all this money from hahahah

I heard a former front office guy on the radio this week who was saying that teams that say they cannot sign somebody because of their cap are just making excuses.

You can always massage the numbers and make someone fit your budget if you know what you're doing.

themunn

Reaction score
Smoke":k2m3sap7 said:
themunn":k2m3sap7 said:
Avril - Bennett - Mebane - Clemons (if recovered) - Irvin

With Wags, KJ and Kam just behind, ET deep and Browner and Sherm patrolling the sidelines.

HOW DO YOU DEFEND THAT ****

How do you OFFEND that?

No matter who has possession of the ball the Seahawks are going to be on the attack. The opposition will be playing 60 minutes of defense.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
what happens next? I mean we have ALOT of money invested in the defensive line now. Does Mebane take a pay cut? or maybe Red. Does someone get traded? Everyone keeps thinking we are cutting Clem. I mean maybe...yeah? But he has been our best pass rusher since he has came here, you just don't cut him b/c of an injury b/c you have replaced him with guys who have never played for you. I'm sorry it just doesn't seem to make sense. I think its Red Bryant but the dude is money on special teams AND was playing hurt last year. I just don't know. This offseason is far from over boys. Someone is mostlikely leaving us. Maybe they aren't. Maybe we do alot of rotating and just have the best depth at D-line that anyone has ever had to play the game. IDK...something is going to happen though. We will all speculate but we all know that NO ONE KNOWS. no one knew about Avril and we SURE AS HELL didn't see Bennett coming. This offseason is nuts. What month are we in? Is it Sept yet? I think im going into Hibernation. wait no..I have to wait and see what happens tomorrow. It literally could be anything. wow. Guys you understand now? We are THAT team. The team where all the good guys go. Who has the quarterback everyone is talking about, the running game to back it up, and arguably the best defense in the NFL. We are the team everyone wants. The team everyone is going to hate. You know what teams like that do? They win the....SHHHHHHHHHHHH dont speak its name, but they do...and often.

Latest posts