Seahawks Retro Uniform Petition

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Seahawk":2uy5f5qs said:
BlueThunder":2uy5f5qs said:
Seahawk":2uy5f5qs said:
The retro Look is fine, no need to get actual old helmets. It's just the graphic that you care about, right?

I'd be fine with the old look for one game a season.

:lol: Who said we would want them to dig up old helmets? The old ones wouldn’t comply with modern standards anyway. Of course modern helmets in the old color and logo.
Maybe I'm not understanding the posts about the single helmet rule. Why is this rule stopping the Hawks from wearing retro uniforms and prompting OP to make a petition?

The NFL has a rule in place stating that you have to use your current helmet with any alternate uniform, meaning we’d have to use our current blue helmets with modern logo with our old uni’s, which obviously would look ridiculous and just wouldn’t work. So the petition is to allow using silver helmets with the old logo.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Truth be told - I really don't like the Hawks retro look at all.

But, I do like when people take initiative and show ambition - so out of my respect for that I will gladly sign the petition.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
kobebryant":3idqszeq said:
Truth be told - I really don't like the Hawks retro look at all.

But, I do like when people take initiative and show ambition - so out of my respect for that I will gladly sign the petition.

Have a drink on me!

:2thumbs:

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Hey Todd,

Now a days I read way more than I post,

But I just posted your petition on the "12th man loud and Proud" FB Page.

I Hope to see this take off!

Seahawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2oo3ur4p said:
The NFL has a rule in place stating that you have to use your current helmet with any alternate uniform, meaning we’d have to use our current blue helmets with modern logo with our old uni’s, which obviously would look ridiculous and just wouldn’t work. So the petition is to allow using silver helmets with the old logo.
Awesome! Current blue helmets silver wrapped with old logo FTW!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
5280Hawk":3gzgs3ah said:
Hey Todd,

Now a days I read way more than I post,

But I just posted your petition on the "12th man loud and Proud" FB Page.

I Hope to see this take off!

Thank you my friend! Hope it goes viral at some point! It can't without the help from folks like you being proactive so thank you!

BlueThunder

Reaction score
nanomoz":38wvufaq said:
The rule is widely misunderstood. It's not about color, so much as it's about limiting the use of more than one head-shell in a season.

https://uni-watch.com/an-faq-for-the-nfls-helmet-rule/

Hey, thanks for posting that link nano. I wasn't aware of all that. Read the link to be fully informed on the situation. So it all comes down to a minuscule risk to player safety having to do with helmet break-in periods? I'd have never thought of that. So, when a player gets a new helmet, he's at risk? Oh pshaw. If that's the deal, wouldn't a player getting a haircut put him at risk? Man, the NFL has gotten so anal lately. SO afraid of lawsuits. Now I feel it's an even stupider rule than I thought it was before! I figured it had something to do with marketing or something business related. There HAS to be a simple work-around for this. Just dumb. And wraps could conceal helmet damage, so that's off the table. Pfffft... Of course, some people are just thinking "Oh, big deal. Get over it". And they're right. But it would just be SO COOL to see it! Appease the fans, ya know, just for the fun of it! Isn't that what the whole stupid Color-Rush thing was about? :roll:

Not to mention I'd be first in line for a throwback Wilson jersey... :lol:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Over 100 signatures and only 11,897 to go! LOL!

Never know, this could pick up steam with the right help and folks passing it along. So thanks to everyone who has signed so far!

olyfan63

Reaction score
The Russell Wilson in a throwback uni was nice, a second chance for the #3 in that look to create some footage of quality QB play.

However, the sample size is a bit too small. Anyone got any PhotoShopped pics of how other Seahawks would look in the throwback uni's? Maybe Doug Baldwin, Bobby Wagner, KJ, Frank Clark, Tyler Lockett, Chris Carson, DJ Fluker, Sweezy, Brown, Britt, heck, Ifedi too. And for good measure, Bradley McDougald, Tre Flowers, and Justin Coleman. Not to leave anyone out, just don't feel like typing 50 names. Oh yeah, and Michael Dickson, photoshopped run for 1st down vs Detroit.

JFair

Reaction score
Signed. These uniforms are the reason I became a Seahawk fan.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
166 sigs. Help me make this viral friends!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkGA":3cfms3pr said:
I know I asked this is another thread but I don't remember what thread so I don't know where to go to see if anybody answered it, but does anybody know the logic/rationale behind the one helmet rule?

Essentially, there are x-amount of players in the league.. using helmets that have already been phased out of the rotation. They're more or less grandfathered into this new rule. So, if there were to be a new "old" helmet produced, the players who are wearing helmets out of rotation would have to get fitted for a newer model of helmet. Legally speaking, this could present the league with a bit of a dilemma if that player were to get a concussion in the new equipment.

And I know what you're thinking.. "if the NFL cares so much about player safety, why are they letting players keep old equipment?" .. but in Goodell's NFL, a lot of things don't make a lot of sense.

But this is what I've always been told as to why entirely new helmets for a throwback game can't happen.