Uniform Combination Question

Aircrew

Reaction score
While I acknowledge that uniform topics are often excoriated, I do have an honest question about our current uniform combination(s). What are the good, and bad, opinions about the current uniform design and jersey to pants combinations? Overall, I love our uniforms, but I've found that unlike the original uni's in the 80's, I like our road jerseys just as much, if not better, than the home blues. I think that it's due to a lack of more contrast in the home uni's, I wish there was something in the blues that made the color pop more and not get "washed out". Furthermore, the all blue "monochromatic" look at home, in my humble opinion, has kind of ran it's course and doesn't really "pop" in my eyes anymore. I really like the Wolf Grey pants with either the white or blue jerseys, reminds me of the original uniforms back in the day plus it allows for more contrast that is currently lacking.
So, if you were king for a day, what would be your selections for home/away combos that we don't currently see? Leave it the same and stay consistent or change it up? For me, I'd like to see the following:

Home: Blue Jerseys/Grey or White Pants

Home Alternate: Wolf Grey Jerseys/Wolf Grey Pants

Throwbacks: When will we have the joy of our original uni's on this team to watch??

Away: White Jersyes/Grey Pants or White Pants

Jersey Design: I still wish they'd bring the Hawk on the sleeve back. Even though the new colors are great, I'd like to see that on the jerseys, would harken back to the original uniforms. Which brings me to the lack of contrast; I think with the Hawk sleeves would address the ultra monochromatic look of the home Blues and would allow for more contrast and bring out the other colors in the uniforms.

Just my opinion, curious if I'm in the minority on this or if I'm not alone.

Go Hawx

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
We're allowed a home jersey, away jersey, and alternate jersey (and apparently a colour-rush option as well).

We've elected to have wolf grey in lieu of a throwback option.

I would prefer we use wolf grey as our away option and add the throwback as our alternate*, but that's without looking into whether the official away jersey needs to be white.

*We can't change the helmet, so our throwback would be a royal blue jersey with a navy blue helmet, and even with a silver helmet the logo would be navy instead of royal, which wouldn't look particularly great. I'd only want our throwback option if we could have a throwback helmet as well.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Aircrew":7iolb3ue said:
While I acknowledge that uniform topics are often excoriated, I do have an honest question about our current uniform combination(s). What are the good, and bad, opinions about the current uniform design and jersey to pants combinations? Overall, I love our uniforms, but I've found that unlike the original uni's in the 80's, I like our road jerseys just as much, if not better, than the home blues. I think that it's due to a lack of more contrast in the home uni's, I wish there was something in the blues that made the color pop more and not get "washed out". Furthermore, the all blue "monochromatic" look at home, in my humble opinion, has kind of ran it's course and doesn't really "pop" in my eyes anymore. I really like the Wolf Grey pants with either the white or blue jerseys, reminds me of the original uniforms back in the day plus it allows for more contrast that is currently lacking.
So, if you were king for a day, what would be your selections for home/away combos that we don't currently see? Leave it the same and stay consistent or change it up? For me, I'd like to see the following:

Home: Blue Jerseys/Grey or White Pants

Home Alternate: Wolf Grey Jerseys/Wolf Grey Pants

Throwbacks: When will we have the joy of our original uni's on this team to watch??

Away: White Jersyes/Grey Pants or White Pants

Jersey Design: I still wish they'd bring the Hawk on the sleeve back. Even though the new colors are great, I'd like to see that on the jerseys, would harken back to the original uniforms. Which brings me to the lack of contrast; I think with the Hawk sleeves would address the ultra monochromatic look of the home Blues and would allow for more contrast and bring out the other colors in the uniforms.

Just my opinion, curious if I'm in the minority on this or if I'm not alone.

Go Hawx
I liked the color rush Green jerseys, but with the green pants was too much green.
Green jerseys blue pants would be a good look, IMHO.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
I like all 3 uniform combos, although the all green as a football uniform is too much....as a casual golf/T-shirt and/or cap is fine for the green...I actually like the all whites on the road when it's field turf and the wolf grey when it's real grass, but that's just me...I don't like teams like Miami with aqua jerseys and white pants and don't like the most of the teams that do it as well...(team color jersey and white pants)

I'd argue for the navy jersey and wolf grey pants, but it would be like Dallas, which is what they want to avoid (I'm guessing)

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
2012NikeUnis.jpg

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
No hatred to the blue helmets, I liked the change up in 2002 and 2012 but I would like to go back to grey helmets and grey pants with the same dark blue/design scheme. Keep white jerseys for away games and have our alternates be all grey and/or blue pants (white jersey blue pants still cool too).

OP
OP
Aircrew

Aircrew

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2vl7eofu said:
We're allowed a home jersey, away jersey, and alternate jersey (and apparently a colour-rush option as well).

I would prefer we use wolf grey as our away option and add the throwback as our alternate*, but that's without looking into whether the official away jersey needs to be white.

*We can't change the helmet, so our throwback would be a royal blue jersey with a navy blue helmet, and even with a silver helmet the logo would be navy instead of royal, which wouldn't look particularly great. I'd only want our throwback option if we could have a throwback helmet as well.

Are you sure? The reason I ask is I've see the Packers, Lions, Pittsburgh, New England, Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, Chargers, Oakland, etc. use a different helmet, sometimes radically different, while wearing their throwbacks.

Reaction score
I wish we still had the emerald green instead of this neon green in our uniforms. I miss that part about our old uniforms not a big fan with this neon green color. I like a wolf grey uniforms the best.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Aircrew":3tnn83ku said:
KiwiHawk":3tnn83ku said:

Are you sure? The reason I ask is I've see the Packers, Lions, Pittsburgh, New England, Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, Chargers, Oakland, etc. use a different helmet, sometimes radically different, while wearing their throwbacks.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103017

Basis4day

Reaction score
Aircrew":2o9ofpa9 said:
KiwiHawk":2o9ofpa9 said:

Not recently they haven't. I believe the helmet rule came into play around the 2013 season.

OP
OP
Aircrew

Aircrew

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2cl0bljh said:
Aircrew":2cl0bljh said:
KiwiHawk":2cl0bljh said:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103017

I'll be darned. I did a little research about the Patriots since I know they wore their old throwbacks a few years ago, more than once. According to this site, the NFL was cool with it up until 2013:

For those of you thinking, “Hey, hold on, didn’t they wear throwback uniforms just a few years ago?”...yes, they did! The NFL was cool with throwback jerseys and different color helmets until the fall of 2013, when the rule about helmet colors suddenly became a safety issue. Yes, really.

The article goes on to say the NFL is considering changing that rule, but if it's a safety issue, I won't hold my breath. Dang, I really want to see our original uni's on the field again.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Aircrew":3vc8mu0c said:
KitsapGuy":3vc8mu0c said:
Aircrew":3vc8mu0c said:
KiwiHawk":3vc8mu0c said:

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103017

I'll be darned. I did a little research about the Patriots since I know they wore their old throwbacks a few years ago, more than once. According to this site, the NFL was cool with it up until 2013:

For those of you thinking, “Hey, hold on, didn’t they wear throwback uniforms just a few years ago?”...yes, they did! The NFL was cool with throwback jerseys and different color helmets until the fall of 2013, when the rule about helmet colors suddenly became a safety issue. Yes, really.

The article goes on to say the NFL is considering changing that rule, but if it's a safety issue, I won't hold my breath. Dang, I really want to see our original uni's on the field again.

Yeah they basically think that using different helmets is unsafe and leads to concussions.

Which is odd cause every single NCAA team uses about 3 or 4 different helmets each year. Im pretty sure the Oregon Ducks never wear the same one twice.... But yes, safety. Just like jumping over the line to block kicks.... rabble rabble rabble safety.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I would love the Hawks to go with a grey or silver helmet but keep the blue feathering. I think that would look great. Also, I like the blue jerseys over grey pants, myself. I think the grey pants would also look good if the feathering in the blue stripes were green.