Seahawks Retro Uniform Petition

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I don't like the Retro uniforms. I liked the old Reebok ones in the Holmgren days.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I would be in favor of just bringing back the old uni's

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1kys4lil said:

I don't want to be consistently mediocre to bad every year again. Just, no.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I've never heard a rational explanation for the one helmet rule (including the long "official" explanation).

No one is asking to wear "retro" helmets, they want modern helmets with a retro paint job. The idea that players are only allowed one helmet doesn't make sense. They could easily get 2 properly fitted helmets.

So a well-used helmet is safer? What, it gets broken in and becomes safer? It would actually be safer to use more helmets during the course of a season.

Or they could just paint the current helmets. Notre Dame has their helmets repainted every week.

This sounds like the kind of dumb rule they invented just so they could say they had a rule about helmets.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2vnkz6pf said:

No thanks. Looking like the lions everyday isn't a good look. I like having our own unique look. But I wouldn't be opposed to a one time thing.

chris98251

Reaction score
CPHawk":3k4y34mh said:
Bobblehead":3k4y34mh said:

No thanks. Looking like the lions everyday isn't a good look. I like having our own unique look. But I wouldn't be opposed to a one time thing.

Completely different blue, that's like saying us and the Giants are the same as well because the old unis are blue, or that the old unis look like the cowboys because of silver pants.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Why not wear and break-in two helmets at the same time during OTAs, TCs and Preseason?

If you do, teams can wear a throwback uni during a preason game too. The league is all about making money....they can sell more tees, jerseys, etc. with the use of throw back, color rush, and regular unis.

Make it happen!

Wear and break in two helmets in the off season!

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I get it, the old uniforms have a lot of nostalgia to many. Having been here watching them their entire existence I get it.

I would much prefer to keep rocking the new colors, the colors that Paul Allen brought along with the attitude that it represents rather than try to raise the image of the old AFC West uniforms that had little success and much suffering. Only one uniform is symbolic of a Seahawks Super Bowl win and we need to keep rocking that.

I am not a fan of the solid neon green and we need to get rid of it.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I too would prefer to keep rocking the new uniforms. I am obviously biased by saying this but I think they are the best in the league. I was never a big fan of the Holmgren/Hasselbeck Era Gun Metal Blue uniforms, they just looked "off" to me and still do. The current uniforms (minus the glowsticks, I agree with you there) not only look great, but represent a winning culture Pete Carroll (and Paul Allen of course) has instilled since 2012.

However, there's a sense of nostalgic pride in those old uniforms. Sure, there was a lot of losing in them, but there was also a lot of history, good history, and players, good to great players, who wore them. Easley, Largent, Green, Cortez, the list goes on and on. It's not just a tribute to where we came from, but also the great players who spent their careers in them. It wouldn't just be us older 12's who would love to see them again - if even only for just one game out of the year - but the alumni players as well. It would be a great tip of the cap to those players, that we haven't forgotten them and what they meant to our franchise over the course of their careers.

For fans that don't like them, please get beyond just the aesthetic appeal (or lack-thereof if that is the case). This isn't a request to change back to them over the current uniforms. Not in the least. It's just a great way to acknowledge our past while looking continually to the future and the success that is still to come.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Signed and it would be nice to have these over the all green. The question is who made the original uniform was it nike, just wondering if it has a legal ramification.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
homerun1970":pjctfc46 said:
Signed and it would be nice to have these over the all green. The question is who made the original uniform was it nike, just wondering if it has a legal ramification.

You know the NFL better than that, I would bet they own the rights to every uniform ever to set foot on the field.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":2h723qvj said:
No offense, I love those classic unis and I have no doubt they'll eventually come back when the NFL pulls it's head out of it's ass with the single helmet rule, but these petitions do jack squat.
Negativity?, that's all ya got?.....I just don't get it, Why even respond if you don't have anything to contribute?

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Oh hell yeah ! Signed bring back the BLUE for one game a year!