Seahawks favorite to land Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukerguy

Reaction score
For anyone who tweeted crap at Bennett, you should be ashamed.
1) Even if he decided to sign with Chicago he has every right to want to make more money and/or play with family.
2) It turns out he is greedy...Greedy for championships.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":367yn9wr said:
jblaze":367yn9wr said:
Seahwkgal":367yn9wr said:
BlueBlood":367yn9wr said:
http://bit.ly/zzSpRY
I don't have a mobile device. :|

Wow. I didn't think there was anyone out there without a smart phone or IPad/tablet nowadays.

I'm on a PC right now and the link just took me to the Play Store for an ESPN app

Yeah, I guess I need URL posting leasons.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
drdiags":b2a0xubt said:
If Bennett signs here for $8M, that writer saying he was asking $10M sure looks full of it. This time of year brings out the ugly in folks.

That dude was likely full of it. No one with credibility was saying he would sign for more than $8M. Unfortunately, that thread went on forever, and the idea just sort of became accepted on the forum. .NET got Inception'd.

Still, it could have been pumped out there by his agent. That's certainly a possibility.

jblaze

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1jtb21f0 said:
jblaze":1jtb21f0 said:
Seahwkgal":1jtb21f0 said:
BlueBlood":1jtb21f0 said:
http://bit.ly/zzSpRY
I don't have a mobile device. :|

Wow. I didn't think there was anyone out there without a smart phone or IPad/tablet nowadays.
I have a MacBook Pro. :|
We found that going old school(no cell phones and just a land line) saved us a lot of money every month. I don't miss my iphone at all. :D

Oh I'm with ya, I don't have a cell phone payment at all. I have an Iphone because my work pays for it though. :)

My wife has a pre-paid ATT GoPhone to use for emergencies. $100 for 1000 minutes a year, cheap compared to the smartphone contracts!

Bought my Ipad used on Craig's list for $175 and the family uses it all the time!

Cartire

Reaction score
All the pieces are falling into place now. Like dominos, falling like a house of cards, checkmate.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Alot of this stuff is put out by agents to drive up the price

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Oh I'm with ya, I don't have a cell phone payment at all. I have an Iphone because my work pays for it though. :)

My wife has a pre-paid ATT GoPhone to use for emergencies. $100 for 1000 minutes a year, cheap compared to the smartphone contracts!

Bought my Ipad used on Craig's list for $175 and the family uses it all the time!

:th2thumbs:
My husband used to have an iphone4 through his old job for nothing. He left them for a better paying job but they don't offer a cell phone. He is fine with that though. Both of my stepsons have Ipads from school and the youngest actually saved money and bought himself a laptop for summertime use. My husband and I share my MacbookPro. We all used to have smartphones. The bill was crazy expensive. I remember when getting a cell was cheaper than having a land line. Now it is the other way around. lol

Jville

Reaction score
Getting back on subject ..............................

Michael Bennett was given a featured role and is allowed a lot of on-the-field leeway in his Seattle role. A role I think he relishes. I have my doubts that he would enjoy that same freedom in Chicago's defense.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Of course I want Bennett back, but I'm worried about another Harvin deal where we break the bank because another team jacked up the price artificially.

Dtowers

Reaction score
Jville":15jkzl7h said:

Michael Bennett was given a featured role and is allowed a lot of on-the-field leeway in his Seattle role. A role I think he relishes. I have my doubts that he would enjoy that same freedom in Chicago's defense.

Playing time has been a very important subject for Bennett rumors say. He definitely would get more play time in CHI.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Jville":nd35gvi8 said:

Yup. On one of the Sound FX's you could hear our D-line coach ask him: "Do you want to play inside or outside on this series?" And Bennett would choose where he wanted to line up.

He is given a lot of freedom here to excel.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Dtowers":2mhzjc6h said:
Jville":2mhzjc6h said:

Playing time has been a very important subject for Bennett rumors say. He definitely would get more play time in CHI.

I think he stands to see his playing time go up substantially in Seattle with Red Bryant being released, and even more so if the rumors of Clemons being released if Bennett signs prove to be true.

jblaze

Reaction score
I don't think so. I think his play time will increase with Red's departure. Bennett will play the DE on rush downs and in DT on pass downs with Avril/Clemons or Irvin in DE.

Nascar package with Avril, Clemons/Irvin and Bennett on pass downs is big time.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1423ldie said:
CurryStopstheRuns":1423ldie said:
Seahwkgal":1423ldie said:
Well all I can say is someone has to go for Bennett to stay. Any guesses who(besides Red and Rice)?
Maybe Clemons restructures and/or gets cut. Tate or Baldwin?
I love this news but I am scared of who has to leave now..

We have near 23 million in cap space after the Rice and Bryant cuts along with the larger than expected cap increase.

Incorrect.

We have 14.2

Releasing Clemons and Miller would take that number to about 26.7M

http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nfl/

Not sure how that math adds up since we saved 12.8 million with the Bryant and Rice cuts along with 2+ million rollover and a cap increase of 10 million dollars.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Dtowers":1s0kbloi said:
Jville":1s0kbloi said:

The "rotational" label only exists because we were shoehorning Clemons into the mix as well, and considering Clemons was more expensive, understandable. Both of them played similar snap counts in 2012. One of them won't be back next year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":12gb9fba said:
Hasselbeck":12gb9fba said:
CurryStopstheRuns":12gb9fba said:
Seahwkgal":12gb9fba said:
Well all I can say is someone has to go for Bennett to stay. Any guesses who(besides Red and Rice)?
Maybe Clemons restructures and/or gets cut. Tate or Baldwin?
I love this news but I am scared of who has to leave now..

We have near 23 million in cap space after the Rice and Bryant cuts along with the larger than expected cap increase.

Incorrect.

We have 14.2

Not sure how that math adds up since we saved 12.8 million with the Bryant and Rice cuts along with 2+ million rollover and a cap increase of 10 million dollars.

We didn't have a rollover this year, and were actually above the cap by a couple of million before the cuts.

The 14.2 is the correct number for now.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3v45bzlf said:
CurryStopstheRuns":3v45bzlf said:
Hasselbeck":3v45bzlf said:
CurryStopstheRuns":3v45bzlf said:

Incorrect.

We have 14.2

We didn't have a rollover this year, and were actually above the cap by a couple of million before the cuts.

The 14.2 is the correct number for now.

Your link specifically mentions a 2.8 million dollar rollover.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Dtowers":2k1fzn98 said:
Jville":2k1fzn98 said:

I don't like players dictating playing time. Now we're guaranteeing game snaps in order to satisfy selfish stuff like personal stats and ego? As opposed to what matters, which is keeping players fresh so we're dominating in 4th quarters and Super Bowls?

Not good.

This also has a snowball effect. If Bennett can dictate snaps in his contract, or be promised snaps............then what's to keep other players like Avril, Clemons, etc from doing the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.