Schefter: Seahawks will not place Harvin on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":1d5x37tj said:
Scottemojo":1d5x37tj said:
Why does every single Harvin thread bring out the worst in some of our .Netters? A uterus joke? Speculating his career is over?

because most players that have this type of injury that are out for this long is either

1) career ending
2) Is never the same again

I dont know if its either, so who knows

You forgot one.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
All that being said, I don't really know what the issue is either. The article from the Vikes fan aligns nicely with the current facts. But as hawk45 mentioned, so does the theory that the player is just a bum.

I said at the very beginning of the week (when Pete ruled him out on a Monday) that all signs point to this issue being either chronic or mental. I still believe that. And neither is good for this organization right now or in the future.

hawk45

Reaction score
DavidSeven":38qw5r49 said:
All that being said, I don't really know what the issue is either. The article from the Vikes fan aligns nicely with the current facts. But as hawk45 mentioned, so does the theory that the player is just a bum.

I said at the very beginning of the week (when Pete ruled him out on a Monday) that all signs point to this issue being either chronic or mental. I still believe that. And neither is good for this organization right now or in the future.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like there's an ounce of difference between chronic and mental in terms of impact to the team that's for sure.

Our only hope is to husband him along a bit and see if we can get a 1-3 year period of productivity. After the heel surgery in college it seemed that his issues abated enough for him to be on the field a bit for Minnesota.

It seems like what you don't want to do with this guy is question why he isn't playing even though the team docs indicate he's okay to play. That will get a weight thrown at you. The best Pete can probably do is just make soft cooing noises and hope at some point Percy himself talks himself into playing in the NFCC or Superbowl (should we reach those games).

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
SeaChase":35xqhovk said:
Harvin is secretly 100 percent and waiting to be unleashed in the playoffs. Already clinched a playoff spot, why risk injuring an injury prone player until then.

I am not sure if this is 100% accurate BUT I could see a case where they are just letting him rest a little more and make sure it is totally healed up and he could play in the playoffs.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
jamsomatic":s5jp6j2y said:
He was a real pita here in Minny lol. Vikes fans were intoxicated by his talent though. Such a tease lol where was the part about leaving practice cuz he didn't want to wear a jersey??? Never heard that one before. That's a new one on me

Im also a major Viking fan and I LOVE Patterson over Harvin allready. Patterson is prob my 3rd fav player behind AP and Wilson. If you didnt know Patterson basically will have the Vikings season record for return yardage AND his average is the second-highest single-season mark since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger, trailing only Jim Duncan of the Baltimore Colts in 1970. I think for ALL purpose yards he is 100 something yards behind Harvins rookie year but he didnt even see the field for the first half of the season

jamsomatic

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3o6yvl9b said:
jamsomatic":3o6yvl9b said:
He was a real pita here in Minny lol. Vikes fans were intoxicated by his talent though. Such a tease lol where was the part about leaving practice cuz he didn't want to wear a jersey??? Never heard that one before. That's a new one on me

Im also a major Viking fan and I LOVE Patterson over Harvin allready. Patterson is prob my 3rd fav player behind AP and Wilson. If you didnt know Patterson basically will have the Vikings season record for return yardage AND his average is the second-highest single-season mark since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger, trailing only Jim Duncan of the Baltimore Colts in 1970. I think for ALL purpose yards he is 100 something yards behind Harvins rookie year but he didnt even see the field for the first half of the season

I am no Vikqueens fan lol but I see them play. Patterson will probably make the HOf!!!! No but he could his career looks promising the damn opposite of Miss Percy!

Lol

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
A blanket reminder to everyone - if you don't plan on adding to a discussion, just keep it to yourself. Try to have some standards for yourself, because there are those of us that are going to hold you to our own. If you just want to BS and stir the pot, we will make it so you do it somewhere else.

mrblitz

Reaction score
did the vikings get patterson with the pick we traded for harvin? ... or was it the vikings' own pick? actually, our #1 and theirs were very close together, weren't they?... both 2nd-place-in-the-division, wild-card teams in 2012? 5th and 6th seed?

anyway, it looks like maybe - at least in the 'nfl sense' - that patterson > harvin

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":23c9vp4o said:
I've got Harvin's back. But I actually chuckled at the sprained uterus line. It seems I might have been the only one who did.
I chuckled, then immediately got kind of angry. I'm with you, I'm behind Harvin 100%.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1970d4fw said:
I'm ashamed at how many supposed "fans" just rag on Harvin because they're upset at not being able to really see him yet.
I am as well. It's a low blow and they aren't giving him a fair shot.

jamsomatic

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1x4o6skm said:
RolandDeschain":1x4o6skm said:
I'm ashamed at how many supposed "fans" just rag on Harvin because they're upset at not being able to really see him yet.

I don't think it's a low blow. I think Harvin has earned a reputation and it's up to him to unearn it. I don't think it's the fans' damn fault. They were lean & mean to McIntosh & Tubby andaybe a little mean to good ol PorkChop but Mercy mercy Percy brings this on himself don't you think?

Will I

Reaction score
jamsomatic":2imb0pln said:
ImTheScientist":2imb0pln said:
RolandDeschain":2imb0pln said:

I don't think it's a low blow. I think Harvin has earned a reputation and it's up to him to unearn it. I don't think it's the fans' damn fault. They were lean & mean to McIntosh & Tubby andaybe a little mean to good ol PorkChop but Mercy mercy Percy brings this on himself don't you think?

I don't. It's ridiculous the conclusions people are jumping to on this board IMO. Nobody here really knows what's going on and to think they do is waaaay off. Those who are on the "hate Percy" train are really on a win win here though. If he comes around and helps the team, they're happy because it's a victory for the Hawks. But if this goes the other way, they can sit back and say "I told you so, blah blah blah." How about have the faith this front office has earned in its short time running our beloved Hawks.

Very few people really know what is happening here, and they aren't saying. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride (with or without Percy). And quit acting like it's your money that's been spent on this deal.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Here is an article on the recovery time for Percy's surgery....

Hip Arthroscopy for labral tears and loose bodies

How long will it take to recover after hip arthroscopy for a labral tear?

Surgery is performed as day case. Patients are advised to use crutches for a week to allow the post-operative pain to subside and perform basic hip exercises taught by the physiotherapist prior to discharge from hospital. It is normal to have bruising and swelling round the three small incisions, particularly the one at the front.

Patients are advised to take two weeks off work, but clearly this varies between individuals, particularly as working from home in some capacity is possible for many. Patients should not do any work at all during the week of surgery and the week after so there are no distractions to recovery. Some work from home is reasonable in the second week, with a potential return to the office for the odd half-day. The hip feels comfortable for day to day activities after four to six weeks and a full recovery is really determined by patients' sporting aspirations; clearly it takes less time to recover sufficiently to play golf compared with competing in a triathlon. As a general guide running and team sports are possible after three months.

Just so you know....

jamsomatic

Reaction score
Will I":3su7rarm said:
jamsomatic":3su7rarm said:
ImTheScientist":3su7rarm said:
RolandDeschain":3su7rarm said:

I don't think it's a low blow. I think Harvin has earned a reputation and it's up to him to unearn it. I don't think it's the fans' damn fault. They were lean & mean to McIntosh & Tubby andaybe a little mean to good ol PorkChop but Mercy mercy miss Percy brings this on himself don't you think?

I don't. It's ridiculous the conclusions people are jumping to on this board IMO. Nobody here really knows what's going on and to think they do is waaaay off. Those who are on the "hate Percy" train are really on a win win here though. If he comes around and helps the team, they're happy because it's a victory for the Hawks. But if this goes the other way, they can sit back and say "I told you so, blah blah blah." How about have the faith this front office has earned in its short time running our beloved Hawks.

Very few people really know what is happening here, and they aren't saying. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride (with or without Percy). And quit acting like it's your money that's been spent on this deal.

Are you in grand Forks NorthDakota? I grew up in moorhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts