Schefter: Seahawks will not place Harvin on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeker

Reaction score
I really think Percy is playing chicken with our F.O.
like "you won't place me on IR because that basically cashes my check and you can't force me to play" he thinks pete won't make a trade in the offseason, you will be in buffalo so fast.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm ashamed at how many supposed "fans" just rag on Harvin because they're upset at not being able to really see him yet.

Seeker

Reaction score
Not ragging on him for not seeing him. lets just be honest, this dude probably isn't injured anymore. sore yes, hurt yes, but do you hear okung talking about his toe isn't 100%.
nobody is 100% in the NFL. nobody.
Aaron Rodgers fighting to go on the field with a broken collarbone and percy still nursing his hangnail. smh

Seeker

Reaction score
This dude wasn't "not quiet right" when it was against his old team with a chance to shine. even went up there and ran a KR.
This dude plays when he wants

NinjaHawk38

Reaction score
I won't believe it until Michael Silver tweets it. Haha :roll: I'm being optimistic and can't wait for our Secret Weapon.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Mine was mostly tounge in cheek. I LOVED the move when it happened. Hindsight makes this move look disasterous so far. Millions in cap hit, loss of a first round draft pick. For what? From what I understand there are no structural issues at all and this is just a pain issue. Harvin from what I have observed has an issue playing through pain that is well documented. Im sorry that some people's tender sensabilites were bruised but this is man's game, everyone this time of year is banged up. Percy needs to man up and play.

Sturm

Reaction score
seahawksny":whrh03a8 said:
Scottemojo":whrh03a8 said:
Why does every single Harvin thread bring out the worst in some of our .Netters? A uterus joke? Speculating his career is over?

because most players that have this type of injury that are out for this long is either

1) career ending
2) Is never the same again

I dont know if its either, so who knows

Examples of this or you don't know what you're talking about.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LymonHawk":3ephu52d said:
Does anyone believe that PC/JS would spend that much on a guy who wasn't a baller?

Heck yes.

These are the same two guys that drafted Irvin in the top 20. Same two guys that drafted a defensive lineman to play offensive line. Same two guys that drafted a 5'10" QB and entrusted him with the starting role as a rookie. I could go on and on, but you get the point. Pete and John are gamblers, that's no secret. It's great that MOST of the time their gambles have worked out.

Too soon to tell on Harvin, but this may be one of those gambles that doesn't work out so well.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seeker":1osw3q7o said:
Not ragging on him for not seeing him. lets just be honest, this dude probably isn't injured anymore. sore yes, hurt yes, but do you hear okung talking about his toe isn't 100%.

Aaron Rodgers fighting to go on the field with a broken collarbone and percy still nursing his hangnail. smh

Show me where Percy said he can't play since Minn. Have a quote?

GoHawks1212

Reaction score
seahawksny":2voj51z0 said:
Scottemojo":2voj51z0 said:
Why does every single Harvin thread bring out the worst in some of our .Netters? A uterus joke? Speculating his career is over?

because most players that have this type of injury that are out for this long is either

1) career ending
2) Is never the same again

I dont know if its either, so who knows

Based on what? Your professional opinion? Your analysis of other Wide Receivers who have had identical injuries/surgeries? Completely exaggerated, baseless, speculation.

I understand being frustrated with someone who deserves to have high expecations put on him, but this is getting a little ridiculous.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2wzen0mq said:
This is what I thought would happen (if true).

Not because I expect him to play (I don't), but because this is what gives the team the most cap flexibility in 2014 and beyond. I really hope he can make it back, though.
Agree all the way around.

GoHawks1212

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":33fdox1n said:
LymonHawk":33fdox1n said:
Does anyone believe that PC/JS would spend that much on a guy who wasn't a baller?

Heck yes.

These are the same two guys that drafted Irvin in the top 20. Same two guys that drafted a defensive lineman to play offensive line. Same two guys that drafted a 5'10" QB and entrusted him with the starting role as a rookie. I could go on and on, but you get the point. Pete and John are gamblers, that's no secret. It's great that MOST of the time their gambles have worked out.

Too soon to tell on Harvin, but this may be one of those gambles that doesn't work out so well.

You're point holds true for the guys they actually gambled on, but Percy Harvin is a proven commodity. That's not debatable. What can be argued is his motivation at this point, but that's not what LymonHawk was stating. He stated Percy was a baller, which he is. There's no "gamble" about that.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Theres a bunch of theories out there about Harvin, its up to him to prove everyone wrong

Seahawker86

Reaction score
wow I must be the only Seahawk fan who is still excited for this guy to be on our team. Call me a homer, but he is still a part of this team, and we have him for what? 6 total years? and this is year 1? The dude is doing everything he can to come back and be a part of this team. We've accomplished so much without him, that if he does make it back, which I believe he will for the playoffs, this offense is going to be so explosive. We need to win this Sunday so we have the 2 week break and more time so he can come back. I'm with your Percy, if no one else is. Go ahead, hate, and try and justify your thinking. I'll just consider myself a bigger Seattle Seahawk fan than you are.

Donk70

Reaction score
LymonHawk":23dknsnp said:
These Harvin threads crack me up.

I realize most of you would be able to play pro football on two broken legs...you'd just scoot along on your knees; but alack and alas, Percy's just not as tough as you guys. :roll:
Two Words

Charlie Whitehurst

Basis4day

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":2a956631 said:
wow I must be the only Seahawk fan who is still excited for this guy to be on our team. Call me a homer, but he is still a part of this team, and we have him for what? 6 total years? and this is year 1? The dude is doing everything he can to come back and be a part of this team. We've accomplished so much without him, that if he does make it back, which I believe he will for the playoffs, this offense is going to be so explosive. We need to win this Sunday so we have the 2 week break and more time so he can come back. I'm with your Percy, if no one else is. Go ahead, hate, and try and justify your thinking. I'll just consider myself a bigger Seattle Seahawk fan than you are.

I'm frustrated hes hurt. Thats it. I don't assumed it's Percy's choice not to play, especially with Pete Carrol's track record of being cautious with injured players.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seeker":39roajpu said:

See posts like this drive me nuts.

Pete Carroll himself has said Percy has been chomping at the bit to get out there. Whatever happened during the Viking game obviously re-aggravated the injury in some capacity. Its more than "soreness" though.. every player is sore in Week 17. There's got to be something beyond that holding him back. Assuming anything else is ridiculous.

mikeak

Reaction score
I am in the camp that blames nobody. Injuries happen and the only reason people are jumping on Harvin is because we have no history with him on out team. If lunch was out for the exact same reason there would be no jokes...

It will suck to take the cap hit over the next couple of years especially if he can't play but that isn't Percy's fault

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3riy7n6j said:
Seeker":3riy7n6j said:

See posts like this drive me nuts.

Pete Carroll himself has said Percy has been chomping at the bit to get out there. Whatever happened during the Viking game obviously re-aggravated the injury in some capacity. Its more than "soreness" though.. every player is sore in Week 17. There's got to be something beyond that holding him back. Assuming anything else is ridiculous.

Agree 100%. Pete isn't the best at describing injuries in layman's terms. People are equating "soreness" with what they wake up with in the morning. There are injuries that will keep you out of games that don't involve the terms "broken" or "torn".

Status
Not open for further replies.