Schefter: Seahawks will not place Harvin on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will I

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2r1nem7d said:
Here is an article on the recovery time for Percy's surgery....

Hip Arthroscopy for labral tears and loose bodies

How long will it take to recover after hip arthroscopy for a labral tear?

Surgery is performed as day case. Patients are advised to use crutches for a week to allow the post-operative pain to subside and perform basic hip exercises taught by the physiotherapist prior to discharge from hospital. It is normal to have bruising and swelling round the three small incisions, particularly the one at the front.

Patients are advised to take two weeks off work, but clearly this varies between individuals, particularly as working from home in some capacity is possible for many. Patients should not do any work at all during the week of surgery and the week after so there are no distractions to recovery. Some work from home is reasonable in the second week, with a potential return to the office for the odd half-day. The hip feels comfortable for day to day activities after four to six weeks and a full recovery is really determined by patients' sporting aspirations; clearly it takes less time to recover sufficiently to play golf compared with competing in a triathlon. As a general guide running and team sports are possible after three months.

Just so you know....

Good info, but I must dismiss this because "team sports" and the NFL are two totally different animals.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
This is somewhat positive news-most all had pegged for the ir..But like some i'll just believe when I see.Lets trade him to Dallas for Dez..Jarrah would be stupid enough lol

HawkWow

Reaction score
Will I":30jkgp73 said:
jamsomatic":30jkgp73 said:
ImTheScientist":30jkgp73 said:
RolandDeschain":30jkgp73 said:
I'm ashamed at how many supposed "fans" just rag on Harvin because they're upset at not being able to really see him yet.
I am as well. It's a low blow and they aren't giving him a fair shot.

I don't think it's a low blow. I think Harvin has earned a reputation and it's up to him to unearn it. I don't think it's the fans' damn fault. They were lean & mean to McIntosh & Tubby andaybe a little mean to good ol PorkChop but Mercy mercy miss Percy brings this on himself don't you think?

I don't. It's ridiculous the conclusions people are jumping to on this board IMO. Nobody here really knows what's going on and to think they do is waaaay off. Those who are on the "hate Percy" train are really on a win win here though. If he comes around and helps the team, they're happy because it's a victory for the Hawks. But if this goes the other way, they can sit back and say "I told you so, blah blah blah." .

When you say "but if this goes the other way", what exactly does that mean?

Harvin was brought in to contribute this year. He's done absolutely nothing. Shy of spiking the team Gatorade with LSD just prior to kick off, how could he do worse than absolutely nothing? The "conclusion" we have jumped to is that Harvin has done... absolutely nothing.

If you find that conclusion "ridiculous", please fill us in on what we've missed. If you can't, then it's your post that is ridiculous and nothing more than wishy-washy forum fodder or "blah blah blah". You took a strong position and if you're legit, you need to back it up. Prove me wrong. If you can't, then I just proved you wrong.

Perhaps share some stories about Harvin being first in the film room and last out. Maybe offer some visual stuff, like maybe a clip or two of Harvin on the sideline, pumping up the offense after a 3 and out or offering a consoling pat on the back to a Robert Turbin. I'm open to anything because thus far, like Harvin, you've offered absolutely nothing.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawk45":xzyi5s2i said:
By coincidence I had just finished reading that article before I saw DavidSevens's post. It was an interesting read. The one thought I kept having, though, was that yes this was one speculative diagnosis that seems to fit the facts. But that the other diagnosis that also fits the facts quite well is that Percy is a selfish primadonna who practices and plays when and how he wants to.

The additional benefit to the primadonna diagnosis is that it lines up with his historical behavior in high school, at UF, and at Minnesota, which show a pattern of an immensely talented guy who knows it, and who feels it puts him above the rest of the mere mortals (and to be fair it pretty much does give him elevated social standing his entire life).

We don't know, and may never know, whether it's some migraine-caused pain syndrome, whether it's him being selfish, or whether it's just a string of amazing coincidences that make him look bad. What I do know after reading the different articles turned up by searching, is that I feel much, much worse about the player. Lengthy injury history in college (supposedly corrected), migraine history in the pros, ankle last year with a circus to go with it, and now the hip which is unfolding a lot like the ankle did, as pointed out by DavidSeven. With character concerns as the cherry on top. I feel ill now.
As usual, you have summed up the situation nearly to a tee as to my feelings 45. No matter which scenario it is, the whole situation is very, very discouraging.

kf3339

Reaction score
Basis4day":17w6bl7c said:
HansGruber":17w6bl7c said:
Basis4day":17w6bl7c said:
Seeker":17w6bl7c said:
Not ragging on him for not seeing him. lets just be honest, this dude probably isn't injured anymore. sore yes, hurt yes, but do you hear okung talking about his toe isn't 100%.
nobody is 100% in the NFL. nobody.

Aaron Rodgers fighting to go on the field with a broken collarbone and percy still nursing his hangnail. smh

Show me where Percy said he can't play since Minn. Have a quote?

No quote needed. Go back and listen to all the Pete Carroll press conferences when he is asked about Harvin. Same answer every time: Doctors cleared him to play, he's having pain, we're waiting until he's comfortable to play.

Have you listened to ANY of Carroll's press conferences? it's only been the leading topic every week since the Vikes game, and it's been the same answer literally every time.

I gave up on Harvin two weeks after the Vikes. And I think Carroll has as well. The guy doesn't want to play. He got his money, and now he doesn't care.

A few days after the Vikes, Percy was dealing with "soreness", tests came back positive, he was expected back in a week or two tops. It's been how long now?

Harvin is exactly what Viking fans said he was. And he's done exactly nothing to prove otherwise.

I find it interesting that you're are surprised when you were told to expect him back in two weeks, yet don;t seem bothered by the original prognosis of Percy's injury following surgery that said said he would be out for much longer than the Minn game. It's almost like injuries don't always heal the way you want the to.

I listen to every press conference. I have not once heard Percy say he can't play since Minn. And i have not once heard Pete say, "He should be playing and there is no reason he can't and i think he is being a baby." Its amazing to me that you don't believe in medical setbacks.

If it makes you feel better to hate Harvin, fine. I don't need to convince you of anything. But if you're going to hate a player. Hate him for the right reasons.

All he did was play his ass of in the one game he was healthy enough to play. All he did was work his ass off post surgery to get back on the field. And hes doing it for himself and for his team.

Sorry, but you are way off on your quote about what Pete may or may not have said in reference to Harvin. No head coach worth his salt is going to use your words about why Harvin is not playing. Also there is nothing stopping Harvin from making his own case to the regular or social media about just how upset he is about not getting to play.

The fact is that he was medically cleared by his doctor to play, meaning he is structurally sound. So the only issue is his ability to handle and play thru pain. That is what is keeping him quiet. He can't handle anything that doesn't allow him to be 100% on the field.

I really don't think it's an issue of posters or fans hating on him. It's just that when you see players with much bigger issues at this time of year begging to get on the field and hear nothing from him it's not hard to make a judgement call about his motivation, or lack thereof.

HansGruber

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":b0hq20ad said:
That is a flat out lie. The docs never cleared him to play. I've listened to every press conference and Pete never said that. Put up a link or take the weak fabrications somwhere else.

Don't ever accuse me of lying or fabricating if you're too lazy to look it up for yourself:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1716 ... -stars-hip

Skip forward to Nov 1st. The same time frame, right after the Vikings game, Carroll was on 710ESPN being interviewed by Brock Huard and said the doctors cleared Percy Harvin for the Minny game, he was sore afterward, they did an MRI and some other tests which all came back clean.

Further, no injured player would ever be allowed back on the field without being cleared by a doctor. Definitely not a first round pick with $11m in cap tied up, and an injury guarantee.

Now I think you owe me an apology for calling me a liar, which is an assault on my character. I don't lie on here. And next time you decide to do so, perhaps you should go out and do some research first, maybe ensure that you're not the one who's "fabricating" stuff.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hans put up a link, I consider this issue done, typical format if your going to quote or say something that is fact is posting a link or a short entry with a link. Coming out and saying someone is lieing is also bad form and is akin to attacking a poster and will be dealt with as such. Now if we can move forward great, if thats a problem the Mods will solve it. We don't look kindly on invalid or misreprenting information on . Net, when it is stated as a fact with a link it resolves issues such as these of refuted content. I would also be careful about stating you heard it on a radio show when it comes to information, you can say heard a comment, but so much radio talk is about rehashing information that is opinions and not actual fact it can get someone in to trouble as well.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Ok, calling Hans a Liar I admit was a bit overboard and I retract that with apologies.

I was never disputing that Percy was cleared prior to the Minnesota game. I don't think anyone would dispute that because he played; however, the fact that he was cleared to play prior to that game does not mean he has a standing approval to play in all games since then. No more accusations, but let's keep it real.

Will I

Reaction score
HawkWow":1vgbg067 said:

Harvin was brought in to contribute this year. He's done absolutely nothing. Shy of spiking the team Gatorade with LSD just prior to kick off, how could he do worse than absolutely nothing? The "conclusion" we have jumped to is that Harvin has done... absolutely nothing.

If you find that conclusion "ridiculous", please fill us in on what we've missed. If you can't, then it's your post that is ridiculous and nothing more than wishy-washy forum fodder or "blah blah blah". You took a strong position and if you're legit, you need to back it up. Prove me wrong. If you can't, then I just proved you wrong.

Perhaps share some stories about Harvin being first in the film room and last out. Maybe offer some visual stuff, like maybe a clip or two of Harvin on the sideline, pumping up the offense after a 3 and out or offering a consoling pat on the back to a Robert Turbin. I'm open to anything because thus far, like Harvin, you've offered absolutely nothing.

If it goes the other way obviously means if he doesn't play the rest of this season. Percy doesn't have to be first in the film room because he's in rehab. You looking for him to be a rah rah cheerer could be rediculous. How do you know that that is his personality? Would he be doing that anyway even if he was on the active roster?

You say he's done absolutely nothing? It's been documented he's practicing when able. The game he played in he provided a spark with that kick off return. There are other examples that are out there.

What have you missed? How about the 5 years left on his contract that I personally want him 100% healthy for. And if that means him not playing this year to get ther, I'm ok with that.

There are posters claiming he is cry baby. I have not seen him on film anywhere saying what people here are claiming. They are jumping to conclusions about an issue that no one has all the facts on. So how can I provide proof of something that isn't happening. I put the responsibility of "proving" by providing links or video clips on those who say he's here to collect a paycheck or that he's not giving 100%.

I'm not saying this is going to work out in the end. But I am saying to back away from the ledge and let it play out before jumping to conclusions.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LymonHawk":20j5v3i1 said:
Sgt. Largent":20j5v3i1 said:
LymonHawk":20j5v3i1 said:
Does anyone believe that PC/JS would spend that much on a guy who wasn't a baller?

Heck yes.

These are the same two guys that drafted Irvin in the top 20. Same two guys that drafted a defensive lineman to play offensive line. Same two guys that drafted a 5'10" QB and entrusted him with the starting role as a rookie. I could go on and on, but you get the point. Pete and John are gamblers, that's no secret. It's great that MOST of the time their gambles have worked out.

Too soon to tell on Harvin, but this may be one of those gambles that doesn't work out so well.

??? A 'baller' is a guy who loves the game and would do anything to get on the field. What's that got to do with gambling?

It's gambling if they knew Harvin was a medical concern going forward and paying him all that money AND giving up draft picks.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
HawkWow":1rzt5bow said:

HE HAS BEEN INJURED. :141847_bnono:

Seeker

Reaction score
You guys really went and got the mods over who called who a liar?
how old are you

Status
Not open for further replies.