Schefter: Seahawks will not place Harvin on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

candybars

Reaction score
Basis4day":3sfxonlp said:
Seeker":3sfxonlp said:
Not ragging on him for not seeing him. lets just be honest, this dude probably isn't injured anymore. sore yes, hurt yes, but do you hear okung talking about his toe isn't 100%.
nobody is 100% in the NFL. nobody.

Aaron Rodgers fighting to go on the field with a broken collarbone and percy still nursing his hangnail. smh

Show me where Percy said he can't play since Minn. Have a quote?

Thank you!

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1yc5p9am said:
LymonHawk":1yc5p9am said:
Does anyone believe that PC/JS would spend that much on a guy who wasn't a baller?

Heck yes.

These are the same two guys that drafted Irvin in the top 20. Same two guys that drafted a defensive lineman to play offensive line. Same two guys that drafted a 5'10" QB and entrusted him with the starting role as a rookie. I could go on and on, but you get the point. Pete and John are gamblers, that's no secret. It's great that MOST of the time their gambles have worked out.

Too soon to tell on Harvin, but this may be one of those gambles that doesn't work out so well.

??? A 'baller' is a guy who loves the game and would do anything to get on the field. What's that got to do with gambling?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
The only thing we should be really annoyed about is the length of time it took to identify this issue and then have the surgery.

How on earth did we get to training camp before detecting this?

Basis4day

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1ga774sx said:
The only thing we should be really annoyed about is the length of time it took to identify this issue and then have the surgery.

How on earth did we get to training camp before detecting this?

1. Because he got hurt in OTA's.
2. Would it shock you to learn that the team learned before the fans did?

HansGruber

Reaction score
Basis4day":6u3yrbr1 said:
Seeker":6u3yrbr1 said:
Not ragging on him for not seeing him. lets just be honest, this dude probably isn't injured anymore. sore yes, hurt yes, but do you hear okung talking about his toe isn't 100%.

Aaron Rodgers fighting to go on the field with a broken collarbone and percy still nursing his hangnail. smh

No quote needed. Go back and listen to all the Pete Carroll press conferences when he is asked about Harvin. Same answer every time: Doctors cleared him to play, he's having pain, we're waiting until he's comfortable to play.

Have you listened to ANY of Carroll's press conferences? it's only been the leading topic every week since the Vikes game, and it's been the same answer literally every time.

I gave up on Harvin two weeks after the Vikes. And I think Carroll has as well. The guy doesn't want to play. He got his money, and now he doesn't care.

A few days after the Vikes, Percy was dealing with "soreness", tests came back positive, he was expected back in a week or two tops. It's been how long now?

Harvin is exactly what Viking fans said he was. And he's done exactly nothing to prove otherwise.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Harvin is secretly 100 percent and waiting to be unleashed in the playoffs. Already clinched a playoff spot, why risk injuring an injury prone player until then.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
SeaChase":1ml75ew3 said:
Harvin is secretly 100 percent and waiting to be unleashed in the playoffs. Already clinched a playoff spot, why risk injuring an injury prone player until then.

Nope.

This week is essentially a playoff game. We compiled enough wins that we get two cracks at winning our way into the divisional round. Zero chance Pete is holding players back at this point.

Basis4day

Reaction score
HansGruber":eu2nw355 said:
Basis4day":eu2nw355 said:
Seeker":eu2nw355 said:

No quote needed. Go back and listen to all the Pete Carroll press conferences when he is asked about Harvin. Same answer every time: Doctors cleared him to play, he's having pain, we're waiting until he's comfortable to play.

Have you listened to ANY of Carroll's press conferences? it's only been the leading topic every week since the Vikes game, and it's been the same answer literally every time.

I gave up on Harvin two weeks after the Vikes. And I think Carroll has as well. The guy doesn't want to play. He got his money, and now he doesn't care.

A few days after the Vikes, Percy was dealing with "soreness", tests came back positive, he was expected back in a week or two tops. It's been how long now?

Harvin is exactly what Viking fans said he was. And he's done exactly nothing to prove otherwise.

I find it interesting that you're are surprised when you were told to expect him back in two weeks, yet don;t seem bothered by the original prognosis of Percy's injury following surgery that said said he would be out for much longer than the Minn game. It's almost like injuries don't always heal the way you want the to.

I listen to every press conference. I have not once heard Percy say he can't play since Minn. And i have not once heard Pete say, "He should be playing and there is no reason he can't and i think he is being a baby." Its amazing to me that you don't believe in medical setbacks.

If it makes you feel better to hate Harvin, fine. I don't need to convince you of anything. But if you're going to hate a player. Hate him for the right reasons.

All he did was play his ass of in the one game he was healthy enough to play. All he did was work his ass off post surgery to get back on the field. And hes doing it for himself and for his team.

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
HansGruber":1mwzdzp8 said:
Basis4day":1mwzdzp8 said:
Seeker":1mwzdzp8 said:

Guys who stay stuff like this drive me crazy. Understand the importance of getting correct what someone has said.

Seriously, Pete has said EVERY week that Percy has been cleared by Doctor's to play?! I'm not sure Pete has ever said the Drs have all okayed him playing and he's just holding himself out...

I'm as pissed about this whole thing as everyone else, mostly because I feel this worsened condition was withheld by Percy and his agent, so they could land the big deal. However, I most certainly believe Percy wants back badly, and will do so when he isn't risking long term health. Last year, when Browner broke his ankle, he was trying to find a way to play before being *rightfully* Ir'd.

The dude is tough, a baller, and wants to play. If you want to be angry with him, have it be fore duping the team into the contract, not for being a wuss.

Seeker

Reaction score
Harvin fact sheet

1. Cleared to play by team, got second opinion
2. Comes out on field for practice ready for percy time, asked to put on TEAM jersey, leaves
3. opted for surgeory and announced it to his "fans" via twitter before telling team
3. Comes back against his old team and plays like crazy, zero signs of injury.
4. injured again, no response.

How many press conferences has percy been in since signing here again?
exactly.

lol at "someone has to clearly state their intentions in a press conference for it to be happening" its not like anyone has ever said something in a press conference that wasn't true.

its not like this city has ever signed a big name player only to have them be injury prone (wink wink) or just be be a bust.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3gc3yebp said:
Why does every single Harvin thread bring out the worst in some of our .Netters? A uterus joke? Speculating his career is over?

I've got Harvin's back. But I actually chuckled at the sprained uterus line. It seems I might have been the only one who did.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Seeker":2q08cg0i said:
its not like this city has ever signed a big name player only to have them be injury prone (wink wink) or just be be a bust.

Here, let me help you out: curses and jinxes aren't real things. The history of sports in this particular city are completely irrelevant. Harvin crapping out because Chone Figgins sucks is not in play here.

Seeker

Reaction score
Keep in mind, this is only if he doesn't play.
Marshawn plays games with back spasms, injured feet, I swear a broken ankle (was that during the beastquake to? I am not sure, don't quote me)
+ lets not act like this isn't part of this dudes track record.

jamsomatic

Reaction score
He was a real pita here in Minny lol. Vikes fans were intoxicated by his talent though. Such a tease lol where was the part about leaving practice cuz he didn't want to wear a jersey??? Never heard that one before. That's a new one on me

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Donk70":13f2t6z3 said:
I have a feeling that this injury is career-ending.
Avascular Necrosis. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Until he proves me wrong of course.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
LymonHawk":13o81gy6 said:
These Harvin threads crack me up.

Does anyone believe that PC/JS would spend that much on a guy who wasn't a baller?

I realize most of you would be able to play pro football on two broken legs...you'd just scoot along on your knees; but alack and alas, Percy's just not as tough as you guys. :roll:

I don't even need to elaborate. Well done.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2t1s2c64 said:
Hasselbeck":2t1s2c64 said:
Just said on NFL Insiders

Also said the team is holding out hope he will be able to play in the playoffs.

So there's that.

He's like our super secret weapon.....

So secret, so super, he might not even be real. But just maybe... 8)

Is he our Duke Nukem 3?

Seeker

Reaction score
jamsomatic":398mn8p4 said:
He was a real pita here in Minny lol. Vikes fans were intoxicated by his talent though. Such a tease lol where was the part about leaving practice cuz he didn't want to wear a jersey??? Never heard that one before. That's a new one on me

that was during his first practice. this isn't the reason he left,
he came out with his own shirt on,
was asked to put on a jersey, came back out with a jersey, wasn't seen again until the minn game.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
kearly":1a74npyk said:
Scottemojo":1a74npyk said:
Why does every single Harvin thread bring out the worst in some of our .Netters? A uterus joke? Speculating his career is over?

I've got Harvin's back. But I actually chuckled at the sprained uterus line. It seems I might have been the only one who did.

Ohh no I chuckled also... See to me he is part of the team. Great player just not on the field for whatever reason and I just think it is humoring to take it lightly.... he will be back or he wont... I don't get upset about it ......well anymore Hahahahah....

Status
Not open for further replies.