Russell Wilson is Elite | I'm Putting the Nail in the Coffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":25xx01cg said:
I think I will add that if Russ keeps playing like this, I'll have no qualms at all with including him with the others at the pinnacle of the position. He's making actual reads/progressions, maneuvering within the pocket, often delivering the ball on time. He's beating some coverages that he has always struggled with.

He usually plays well against Minnesota, but they seem to me to be the type of coverage he should have trouble with. They disguise their zone as man better than any team in the business, or, at least they used to. He's getting better. I'm optimistic, and not long ago, I kind of doubted that I ever would be again.

Sorry Mr Asshole Troll, you're not getting out of the doghouse that easy. Go hang out in the Webzone where your kind is welcome.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Tical21":20g68sn2 said:
I think I will add that if Russ keeps playing like this, I'll have no qualms at all with including him with the others at the pinnacle of the position. He's making actual reads/progressions, maneuvering within the pocket, often delivering the ball on time. He's beating some coverages that he has always struggled with.

He usually plays well against Minnesota, but they seem to me to be the type of coverage he should have trouble with. They disguise their zone as man better than any team in the business, or, at least they used to. He's getting better. I'm optimistic, and not long ago, I kind of doubted that I ever would be again.

I always like when you post Tical.

Like I told you before though, you know well oiled machine offenses when you see them. You have been blaming Wilson these past years, instead of the previous coaches that were setting Wilson up to fail. But he is a beast so he still found a way to perform in spite of them.

Wilson never had a consistent pocket to do what he is doing now. It was a train wreck and a clown car show rolled into one.

He has definitely improved his footwork while moving, sliding, and stepping up into the pocket. But here is the most important part of the equation. He finally has a consistent pocket he can now trust so he can do these things.

I am really curious to see how Wilson plays in this game as well. Minnesota has the No. 8 DVOA defense. Far better than what he has seen these last 3 games.

Ozzy

Reaction score
The best part of this thread is the haters saying "if he plays like this against Minnesota or the rest of the year" then they will allow him to be called elite.....This is the most bizarre thread on this forum in a long, long time. Well done.

Seymour

Reaction score
Tical21":2sp3v6ga said:
I think I will add that if Russ keeps playing like this, I'll have no qualms at all with including him with the others at the pinnacle of the position........blah blah blah

Wow...way to take a stand and stick to what you believe. :roll:

What happened to.... "Oh, hogwash. Huge difference between Russ and just about all the other guys on that list"??

This is Wilsons 7th year in the league. He didn't suddenly get better this year, he just has better than a league worst oline.

Nobody here needs your Wilson fandom, in fact I'd guess most would prefer you stick with "the other team", which ever that is. One loss and an interception or 2 and you'll be barking once again. :pukeface:

Seymour

Reaction score
Elite

Russell wilson going deep pg 600

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000996771

Russell Wilson going deep

While Seattle found early success this season by negating opposing pass rushes with quick throws, Russell Wilson has since landed among the league's best in airing it out. Wilson has thrown deep (20-plus air yards) on 14.4 percent of his attempts, the fourth-highest rate in the NFL among 34 qualifying quarterbacks. He's thrown a touchdown on 25.5 percent of such attempts, with 27.7 percent of them directed toward end zone targets. As a result, he's posted a 127.4 passer rating on deep passes, the second-highest in the NFL. His completion percentage proves his true excellence, with his 51.1 percent mark landing 16.1 percent above his expected completion percentage of 35. For reference, the NFL average is 0.2 percent below expectation, proving Wilson truly is elite in such situations.

Seymour

Reaction score
Seymour":2hgogh03 said:
Elite

While Seattle found early success this season by negating opposing pass rushes with quick throws, Russell Wilson has since landed among the league's best in airing it out. Wilson has thrown deep (20-plus air yards) on 14.4 percent of his attempts, the fourth-highest rate in the NFL among 34 qualifying quarterbacks. He's thrown a touchdown on 25.5 percent of such attempts, with 27.7 percent of them directed toward end zone targets. As a result, he's posted a 127.4 passer rating on deep passes, the second-highest in the NFL. His completion percentage proves his true excellence, with his 51.1 percent mark landing 16.1 percent above his expected completion percentage of 35. For reference, the NFL average is 0.2 percent below expectation, proving Wilson truly is elite in such situations.

toffee

Reaction score
We must remember that all QBs made mistakes, elite or not. To me:

Elite = consistent excellency + extra gear when the spot lights are at their brightest.

Russell Wilson is elite in my book, regardless of too short, too white, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tical21

Reaction score
Seymour":2a9ynsxo said:
Tical21":2a9ynsxo said:
I think I will add that if Russ keeps playing like this, I'll have no qualms at all with including him with the others at the pinnacle of the position........blah blah blah

What happened to.... "Oh, hogwash. Huge difference between Russ and just about all the other guys on that list"??

This is Wilsons 7th year in the league. He didn't suddenly get better this year, he just has better than a league worst oline.

Nobody here needs your Wilson fandom, in fact I'd guess most would prefer you stick with "the other team", which ever that is. One loss and an interception or 2 and you'll be barking once again. :pukeface:
The hogwash comment wasn't about whether or not he is elite, it is about the topic not being open up for debate.

No, he didn't suddenly get better. It's been a gradual improvement. We actually hit hitch routes against boxcars two weeks ago. Three times. For maybe his first times ever. I'd be happy to watch some football with you. Or you can stay in the peanut gallery and keep taking your little shots. I've been thinking you arent worth my time...but I've had about enough.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Tical21":1ehyvq9x said:
Seymour":1ehyvq9x said:
Tical21":1ehyvq9x said:

The hogwash comment wasn't about whether or not he is elite, it is about the topic not being open up for debate.

No, he didn't suddenly get better. It's been a gradual improvement. We actually hit hitch routes against boxcars two weeks ago. Three times. For maybe his first times ever. I'd be happy to watch some football with you. Or you can stay in the peanut gallery and keep taking your little shots. I've been thinking you arent worth my time...but I've had about enough.

I agree there's a huge difference. So do the opponents he plays. Watch ANY interview. EVERY player on the field respects RWs game and ability. Go Hawks. He's a Championship winning ELITE QB. I wouldn't want to be on a team facing him in any situation. Period.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
IMO, We can argue statistics but another way to know a qb has arrived at truly elite status is when they win league MVP or are voted as All-Pro. Wilson could never win those accolades being viewed as a caboose on the LOB/beastmode train.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Seymour":3t7xk75a said:
Seymour":3t7xk75a said:
Elite

This can't be true, Wilson isn't accurate enough on his deep balls, or so I have been told.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Fade":1u2vra5s said:
Seymour":1u2vra5s said:
Seymour":1u2vra5s said:
Elite

This can't be true, Wilson isn't accurate enough on his deep balls, or so I have been told.
Of course not. It’s obviously his receivers.

LTH

Reaction score

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":eb8q2hnf said:
IMO, We can argue statistics but another way to know a qb has arrived at truly elite status is when they win league MVP or are voted as All-Pro. Wilson could never win those accolades being viewed as a caboose on the LOB/beastmode train.

Okay. Here's a list* of some QBs who are "truly elite" due to being an All-Pro:

Carson Wentz
Cam Newton
Carson Palmer
Tony Romo
Rapistburger
Matt Hasselbeck
Daunte Culpepper
Steve McNair
Rich Gannon

Pretty amazing list of truly elite QBs right there. By your self-stated criteria. :2thumbs: :roll: :roll: :roll: GTFO :34853_doh:

*source: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/awards/

massari

Reaction score
It's pretty crazy that since Wilson has been the starter, the Seahawks have only lost 5 games by more than 8 points. So only five losses including playoffs haven't been a one possession game.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Mediots do not know how to vote for awards.

They vote for both the MVP & 1st Team All-Pro. That is a horrible metric to use.

How about that Goff tonight? System QB if I ever saw one. Scratch him off the list.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm sure they will make excuses for Goff. He's a good QB, but not close to being great. Put pressure on him and he folds, big time. So, I get the feeling that Russ STILL isn't a top notch QB in some people's eyes. Even if he wins tonight, it will somehow be because the Vikes played bad. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts