Russell Wilson is Elite | I'm Putting the Nail in the Coffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-Dog

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1zpevjdz said:
Makes him absolutely not worth the 36 to 42 million dollars per year his baseball agent is going to insist on
TwistedHusky":1zpevjdz said:
When you are paying your QB 30M a year, you create holes in the team. (We are not paying him this, but we will have to)
Yeah, and in 2029 some quarterback will get $100M APY. What's your point?

Wilson's cap number this year is $23,786,764, and the team is spending 13.78% of the cap on the position. Next year his cap number will be $25,286,766.

How about use these numbers when discussing his current level of performance, and wait and look at his cap number relative to the cap in the 2020 season instead of throwing numbers around now as if they are facts that support your arguments when talking about the future. A) You have no idea what his next contract will look like b) you don't know what the salary cap will look like, c) you don't know what the QB market will look like, and d) you don't know how expensive the rest of the roster will be.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":3evtbkrf said:
I'm going on record that Ciara will buy the team and make Russell player coach! "They call me Seymour the scientist". :2thumbs: :snack:
I don’t care who you are, that’s some sort of brilliant right there! :2thumbs:

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Russ is doing great working within Schotty's scheme.

Really bringing out the best and the entire team is benefiting big time. This last game was so much fun to be a part of. The Link was ROCKING.

Russ's best overall season IMO and due to things beyond mere stats which never tell the whole story and often not the most important story about how a player is performing both on the field, the sideline, the locker room, etc.

Still has some deficiencies,(yes, mid-distance/quick release throws down the middle possibly due to difficulty seeing over the line) but a whole lot of strengths and he's really made the team his own which I've been waiting to see if he would do for some time. With the weeds pulled from the defense, he seems a lot more confident out there.

The consistent smashmouth running game has made Russ so much better out there.

Schotty ball is good ball.

GO HAWKS!!!!

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I don't care if he's the best QB in the league. Those arguments are just for fun. I care that he's our QB and works his butt off to win. Yes he will play poorly sometimes, like all QB's do. But he's been overall a surprising model of consistency. 7 straight winning seasons, including years where we had no run game (2016, 2017) and no LOB (2018).

But I will say this to spark debate. Is there a better QB ever than 4th quarter Russell Wilson? I think his stats in that quarter alone are GOAT like so far in his career.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He was so laser focused on Sunday night, you could just see it. He didn't even have his one early game overthrow etc. Very few want to win like he does, and when there is a big game, he takes his game to the next level. Like the great players of this league do. He is and has been elite. I don't really care what people call him, he's one of the best in the league, period.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Did you see some of those deep balls! Thanks for a great season Russ!

Status
Not open for further replies.