Russell Wilson is Elite | I'm Putting the Nail in the Coffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There's a guy at work who will make an excuse every time the Hawks win, it's hilarious. And it basically has never been because of Russ :34853_doh:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Fade":6c821j3m said:
Colin Cowherd goes in on Aaron Rodgers. PART 2.
[youtube]HdRWz32TShU[/youtube]

Colin drops the 0-37 stat.

What I like about Cowherds segment is that he says, "you know your right when fans disappear. Fans never admit their wrong but when they quit showing up, you know you've got it right."

Notice how the Tical21's of the world have been laying low after the Panthers game. They know they're wrong but no way will we see mea culpa's. Just silence.

Until he throws his next pick or takes a sack.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No hashtag needed, truth right there. The disappearing act is very predictable. Yet, I get told I suck as a poster on here often. Oh well, better than doom and gloom crap. Go Hawks.

toffee

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":398zwg8l said:
How many Elite QBs have never posted a .500 or less season? :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

some would rebut that Wilson only manage the game well enough to never posted a .500 or less season, but he is still too short and not black enough.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
toffee":16itk7ry said:
Sox-n-Hawks":16itk7ry said:
How many Elite QBs have never posted a .500 or less season? :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

some would rebut that Wilson only manage the game well enough to never posted a .500 or less season, but he is still too short and not black enough.

I guess the other QBs aren’t elite enough to be self aware and understand what’s in the best interest of the team instead of the stat board.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm picturing someone sitting in their basement saying "I have to be right, even if it means the Hawks win and I'm wrong about Russ. Look at me!!"

Ambrose83

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":31f7of3g said:
I'm picturing someone sitting in their basement saying "I have to be right, even if it means the Hawks win and I'm wrong about Russ. Look at me!!"

While sitting in,their gaming chair with a headset .....

Tical21

Reaction score
Lol, I've been plenty active this week. Russ had a great game. What do you want me to say? He has a lot of great games.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
toffee":3bslgjbc said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3bslgjbc said:

You hit this alot.

toffee

Reaction score
Tical21":mbkmfkso said:
Lol, I've been plenty active this week. Russ had a great game. What do you want me to say? He has a lot of great games.

but but but but still too short, not white enough, and and and some times he managed a great game or two. but but but that's what game managers do.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Tical21":woza4iho said:

What I'd like you to say is, " After all the great evidence put forward by Fade and others I've reconsidered my position and feel Russell Wilson is an elite QB in today's NFL."

That's pretty much what this whole thread is about.

How some folks can hold Wilson to a much higher standard than any other QB in the league is beyond me. Dude wins games, makes clutch throw time and again, posts jaw dropping efficiency numbers despite playing behind one of the worlds worst offensive lines. Mind-boggling.

When was the last time you saw a QB drop a 35 yd dime on 4th and 3? Wait a minute. It was probably the NFCCG 2013 when Wilson did something similar on 4th and 7. That's elite QB play right there.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Nobody said Wilson was not great.

The issue is consistency.

When he is on, he is great. But his consistency is the issue.

Can you depend on him and ride him through the playoffs or will he disappear or have a game like he did against Carolina in the playoffs where he essentially literally lost the game for us?

However, that was a fantastic game by him. Nobody said he wasn't great. The issue was being elite, which again is subjective.

That said, I hope we never do a long pass like that against a team with even a semblance of a secondary. I get pulling it against Carolina who was decimated in the secondary and not that good in the first place there. But that receiver was covered, almost any even slightly above average CB picks that one off. Against Carolina, it was a decent shot - especially because we could not seem to stop that RB from scoring at will. But long passes to covered receivers are probably not a great option to short for unless you have to. (I suppose we had to there because they were selling out against the run?)

Great game by Wilson, we are going to need more of these reliably for him to vault into the next tier. It is within the realm of possibility though.

We are 6-5 though. Success will be doing something past the wildcard. The pieces seem to be there to do that though and if Wilson is the elite QB many of you contend - then it should be within bounds.

Seymour

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1y31e391 said:

The issue is consistency........

Aaron Rodgers has been outperformed the last 2 weeks by Wilson, then Cousins. Sunday Rodgers threw another critical 3rd down ground ball in the dirt and missed another bad overthrow in the end zone.

Your perfect and "consistent" QB does NOT exist. :177692:

Tical21

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2i07koqy said:
Tical21":2i07koqy said:

What I'd like you to say is, " After all the great evidence put forward by Fade and others I've reconsidered my position and feel Russell Wilson is an elite QB in today's NFL."

How some folks can hold Wilson to a much higher standard than any other QB in the league is beyond me. Dude wins games, makes clutch throw time and again, posts jaw dropping efficiency numbers despite playing behind one of the worlds worst offensive lines. Mind-boggling.

When was the last time you saw a QB drop a 35 yd dime on 4th and 3? Wait a minute. It was probably the NFCCG 2013 when Wilson did something similar on 4th and 7. That's elite QB play right there.
I've been analyzing QB play in some capacity for 20 years now. He isn't held to a much higher standard than anyone else I have observed. He isn't perfect. The claws that come out when anyone is critical of him is silly. There are just holes in his game that you don't see from most other great quarterbacks. He and Schottenheimer are figuring these things out, and there's progress to be sure, and I'm really optimistic.

I'll go ahead and say it. The 4th and 3 throw, when he had Tyler breaking wide open in the slot, was borderline insanity. He threw an absolutely perfect ball when he needed to, so all the credit in the world, but man, when you have a pro-bowler wide open for an easy throw, taking that risk is unnecessary IMO. I get it, he saw press with no help and made his decision at the LOS, but wow. Elite QB play? I guess so.

I knew after the first drive Russ was going to have a big game. I'm not taking that away from him. He's really good.

Seymour

Reaction score
Tical21 / Twisted is (was) Brett Favre Elite?

Go watch a football life Mike Holmgren and pay close attention to the portion on Mike and Brett.

You will be tested later.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":30g6o411 said:

The issue is consistency.

When he is on, he is great. But his consistency is the issue.

Can you depend on him and ride him through the playoffs or will he disappear or have a game like he did against Carolina in the playoffs where he essentially literally lost the game for us?

However, that was a fantastic game by him. Nobody said he wasn't great. The issue was being elite, which again is subjective.

That said, I hope we never do a long pass like that against a team with even a semblance of a secondary. I get pulling it against Carolina who was decimated in the secondary and not that good in the first place there. But that receiver was covered, almost any even slightly above average CB picks that one off. Against Carolina, it was a decent shot - especially because we could not seem to stop that RB from scoring at will. But long passes to covered receivers are probably not a great option to short for unless you have to. (I suppose we had to there because they were selling out against the run?)

Great game by Wilson, we are going to need more of these reliably for him to vault into the next tier. It is within the realm of possibility though.

We are 6-5 though. Success will be doing something past the wildcard. The pieces seem to be there to do that though and if Wilson is the elite QB many of you contend - then it should be within bounds.

Or maybe he spent so much time studying film and preparing for this match up, that it wasn’t much of a risk at all.

He is consistent. Consistently winning games. Consistently preparing better than others.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":guqd3bn0 said:
Tical21 / Twisted is (was) Brett Favre Elite?

Go watch a football life Mike Holmgren and pay close attention to the portion on Mike and Brett.

You will be tested later.

I'll answer, no Favre wasn't elite..............especially compared to the other QB's of his era like Peyton, Young and Marino.

But like Russell, at times Favre was elite, but also like Russell the consistency wasn't there to call him Elite. A good year for Favre was if his TD/Int ratio was under .50. WAY too many picks and gambling, as Holmgren alludes to.

mrt144

Reaction score
Tical21":g4aaogs1 said:
Mad Dog":g4aaogs1 said:
Tical21":g4aaogs1 said:

I've been analyzing QB play in some capacity for 20 years now. He isn't held to a much higher standard than anyone else I have observed. He isn't perfect. The claws that come out when anyone is critical of him is silly. There are just holes in his game that you don't see from most other great quarterbacks. He and Schottenheimer are figuring these things out, and there's progress to be sure, and I'm really optimistic.

I'll go ahead and say it. The 4th and 3 throw, when he had Tyler breaking wide open in the slot, was borderline insanity. He threw an absolutely perfect ball when he needed to, so all the credit in the world, but man, when you have a pro-bowler wide open for an easy throw, taking that risk is unnecessary IMO. I get it, he saw press with no help and made his decision at the LOS, but wow. Elite QB play? I guess so.

I knew after the first drive Russ was going to have a big game. I'm not taking that away from him. He's really good.

What is the point of your distinction between elite and really good where you'll critique target selection on plays you know he can make and does make? A really good QB doesn't optimally select targets but still gets the job done? Darn, I hate being burdened with this!

Seymour

Reaction score
No to Favre, yes to Marino?? :lol: :lol:

Marino...career 86 passer rating, 420 TD's to 252 Int's. Almost a dead match with Farve's numbers, just Favre did it for longer.

Both SUCK compared to Wilson. Go read their stat lines....I dare you.

Status
Not open for further replies.