Russell has his own personal logo now

ShyCheetah

Reaction score
253hawk":onco4wtf said:
Tical21":onco4wtf said:
That's pretty ugly honestly.

Could be worse, look at some of these...

DX3uKYk

I don't really like it, but it's not awful. At least it's minimalist and not all overly-busy.

Personally I think it's brilliant. Of the others I also like Rg3, jj watt, and Bradys.

Calvin Johnson's like a firebird thunder chicken or the Decepticon logo. Newtons looks like the CNN logo. Marshawns looks like the Vancouver Whitecaps logo tipped on its side.

Shy

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":2gjwdz6j said:
I know I'm a curmudgeon, but all of this personal branding stuff seems ridiculous.

Gotta agree...The Artist Formerly Known As Russell. I love the guy and all he has done (and will do) for this team, but all this self-aggrandizement BS these days is just tedious; cough...Cam. It's not just Russell, it's the culture.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":2kphptl7 said:
Kennedyin92":2kphptl7 said:
I know I'm a curmudgeon, but all of this personal branding stuff seems ridiculous.

Gotta agree...The Artist Formerly Known As Russell. I love the guy and all he has done (and will do) for this team, but all this self-aggrandizement BS these days is just tedious; cough...Cam. It's not just Russell, it's the culture.
I get you but Russ is just making money while he can. I hope he has a long career but who knows?

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2wwj4cqa said:
PlinytheCenter":2wwj4cqa said:
Kennedyin92":2wwj4cqa said:

I get you but Russ is just making money while he can. I hope he has a long career but who knows?

I think he's doing ok money-wise; he's the third highest paid QB in the game. Don't know how he can't live for the rest of his life on what he's already earned, with much more to follow. I'm saying this as a huge fan, and Russ is as level-headed as they come.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":12aehk0f said:
MizzouHawkGal":12aehk0f said:
PlinytheCenter":12aehk0f said:
Kennedyin92":12aehk0f said:

I think he's doing ok money-wise; he's the third highest paid QB in the game. Don't know how he can't live for the rest of his life on what he's already earned, with much more to follow. I'm saying this as a huge fan, and Russ is as level-headed as they come.
Hence his understated logo. I'm on your side but I'm fine with his logo. I'd buy a tshirt with that logo.

253hawk

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":3qqwlymn said:

He wants to own a pro team someday (NFL or MLB). That's a rare club to be in for a former player. Given his contract and branding, he should be able to at least get his foot in the door as a part-owner after he retires.

A lot of players use their logo as an identifier for their charities, so it's not all just self-aggrandizing. Some or all of the sales from their stuff goes right to those charities as well. It's just like the recent Wilson/fake/social media thing. Some think he uses it for his own exposure, while it's actually because of his status that he's able to more widely share these stories of the kids and families that he visits.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
dont think wilson cares what we think...probably made more money from nike than any of us in a lifetime!

hawker84

Reaction score
I have no problem with the logo and self branding, do what you can while you can I get it, but i'll never invest in a player, even our players. I'll stick to investing in the team...

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":10b0yu0q said:
CANHawk":10b0yu0q said:
It looks like a question mark. I will now be calling him The Riddler.

When is an interception a touchdown?
When is a game manager not a game manager?
When is a virgin not a virgin?
LOL.... Wilson probably needs his sports psychologist to help with that last one.

I think the 'question mark' logo was meant to be a R stylized as a lightning bolt-- 'Danger?!'