Russ sucks so bad

5thgen

Reaction score
I can't help but wonder what the conversations are like now between Russell and Jake Heaps. Poor Jake, man, did he hitch his wagon to the wrong horse or what.

What do they say to each other? I think it's more along these lines, "In God we trust." or, "God is testing and has a plan for us."

warden

Reaction score
Russell Wilson leads theDenver Broncos to new rock bottom

Torc

Reaction score
Since Hackett was clearly the problem (he got fired so he must be, right? :p ), how much say does Russ get in the next head coach/OC hires?

I'm guessing not much.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I can't help but wonder what the conversations are like now between Russell and Jake Heaps. Poor Jake, man, did he hitch his wagon to the wrong horse or what.

Hitched to a Quarter horse. As in quarter billi.

Last edited:

BamKam

Reaction score
How the hell does anyone feel sorry for Russ? The guy left on a sour note citing he felt like he needed to “carry the team”, made countless back handed comments about John and Pete who bent over backwards for the guy to give him what he requested (I would argue they both put their reputations on the line reaching for things they normally wouldn’t), and is making a QUARTER OF A BILLION dollars.

I don’t wish any ill will on the guy but when it comes to football **** him.

RiverDog

Reaction score
How the hell does anyone feel sorry for Russ? The guy left on a sour note citing he felt like he needed to “carry the team”, made countless back handed comments about John and Pete who bent over backwards for the guy to give him what he requested (I would argue they both put their reputations on the line reaching for things they normally wouldn’t), and is making a QUARTER OF A BILLION dollars.

I don’t wish any ill will on the guy but when it comes to football **** him.
The reason I feel sorry for Russ is because he's a former Seahawk that gave us some of the best moments in franchise history. Yes, he left on a sour note, but so did a number of former Seahawks, like Kenny Easley and Steve Hutchinson. I wasn't happy with the way he left, lying to us about his intentions as did Pete, but it's not like he made a pact with the Devil or burned the American flag. He made a career decision that he felt was in his best interest.

Like all of us, Russell has his faults. He's obsessed with his image, talks in cliches, is a true Pollyanna, has an over inflated ego. Alot of what he's going through he asked for, so in that respect, I don't have any sympathy for the predicament he put himself in. But that doesn't mean I can't be sympathetic to the emotional distress he must be going through as at least to some degree, I've had to endure a similar reckoning, and it wasn't fun.

Russell didn't prowl massage parlors forcing himself on women and he didn't drive drunk at 95mph on an urban freeway then tell a cop that was trying to befriend him that he had little d*ck syndrome. His visits to Children's were genuine. I had a friend of a friend with a kid in Children's that had Russell visit them in their room, serving a meal. He's a decent human being who has earned our consideration.

Last edited:

BamKam

Reaction score
The reason I feel sorry for Russ is because he's a former Seahawk that gave us some of the best moments in franchise history. Yes, he left on a sour note, but so did a number of former Seahawks, like Kenny Easley and Steve Hutchinson. I wasn't happy with the way he left, lying to us about his intentions as did Pete, but it's not like he made a pact with the Devil or burned the American flag. He made a career decision that he felt was in his best interest.

Like all of us, Russell has his faults. He's obsessed with his image, talks in cliches, is a true Pollyanna, has an over inflated ego. Alot of what he's going through he asked for, so in that respect, I don't have any sympathy for the predicament he put himself in. But that doesn't mean I can't be sympathetic to the emotional distress he must be going through as at least to some degree, I've had to endure a similar reckoning, and it wasn't fun.

Russell didn't prowl massage parlors forcing himself on women and he didn't drive drunk at 95mph on an urban freeway then tell a cop that was trying to befriend him that he had little d*ck syndrome. His visits to Children's were genuine. I had a friend of a friend with a kid in Children's that had Russell visit them in their room, serving a meal. He's a decent human being who has earned our consideration.
No one is saying hes a bad person. He has been a raging narcissistic douche over the past couple of years though.

RiverDog

Reaction score
No one is saying hes a bad person. He has been a raging narcissistic douche over the past couple of years though.
You were wondering why people felt sorry for him, and his solid character is one of the reasons why I feel sorry for him.

As far as being a "raging narcissistic douche", I do agree that he has an oversized ego, which is one attribute of a narcissist. But if you look at the textbook definition, he doesn't check all the boxes.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
You were wondering why people felt sorry for him, and his solid character is one of the reasons why I feel sorry for him.

As far as being a "raging narcissistic douche", I do agree that he has an oversized ego, which is one attribute of a narcissist. But if you look at the textbook definition, he doesn't check all the boxes.
Right but he does have an inflated sense of self importance. All the pretend preparation, playing with invisible players on the field, clapping the invisible hands of invisible players on the side when running out to the practice field, all that. He isn't so much of a x and o's guy like Manning, Brady, Brees, Montana, Young, and so on. He is more of a positive visualization type, which is visualizing oneself as going through the motions of what preparation should look like.

Which is to say, he sees himself among the greats and does the necessary performative preparation. He just doesn't put in the necessary film study, the study time, and the work to become one of the greats. He doesn't try to understand the limitations of his game in order to improve them. He ignores them and just visualizes himself going through the motions. He doesn't try to understand the nuances of what defenses are doing. It's all performative preparation, like his high knees stunt at 30,000+ feet.

It's cute when you're a rookie. It's bizarre for a 10+ year veteran.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Right but he does have an inflated sense of self importance. All the pretend preparation, playing with invisible players on the field, clapping the invisible hands of invisible players on the side when running out to the practice field, all that. He isn't so much of a x and o's guy like Manning, Brady, Brees, Montana, Young, and so on. He is more of a positive visualization type, which is visualizing oneself as going through the motions of what preparation should look like.

Which is to say, he sees himself among the greats and does the necessary performative preparation. He just doesn't put in the necessary film study, the study time, and the work to become one of the greats. He doesn't try to understand the limitations of his game in order to improve them. He ignores them and just visualizes himself going through the motions. He doesn't try to understand the nuances of what defenses are doing. It's all performative preparation, like his high knees stunt at 30,000+ feet.

It's cute when you're a rookie. It's bizarre for a 10+ year veteran.
Oh, I agree that he shows some signs of narcissism which includes some of the things you've mentioned. But there are other attributes that he definitely does not have, such as a lack of empathy for others. He wouldn't have spent so much time at Children's Hospital if he checked that box. Narcissists are also impatient, easily angered, frequently depressed, subject to mood swings. I see none of that in Russell, to the contrary, some of those attributes are the polar opposite of what we've seen out of him, such as easily angered. Tom Brady would be a better fit for a narcissist than Russell.

Last edited:

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Since Hackett was clearly the problem (he got fired so he must be, right? :p ), how much say does Russ get in the next head coach/OC hires?

I'm guessing not much.
Hackett hurt himself early and often. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anybody reasonably interested in the Broncos who thought he was doing much right.

He sat his starters all preseason. During his first game he pulled that 64 yard field goal shenanigans. Dude has shown no upside and it's been nothing but weird since he took over.

So you take Hackett, you add Russ sucking, and then a few weeks into the season you have a large chunk of OL (has every tackle been on IR this year?) and WRs going down.

New ownership, GM doing weird things like extending Wilson with two years left, head coach who doesn't seem like he can do it at the NFL level, and a bunch of injuries to critical players.

There are a lot of theories that maybe Wilson will play better if he gets a coach that will play to his strengths instead of trying to make him something he's not (things Wilson probably won't admit to himself). Names like Payton get dropped; but the Broncos HC job is now one of the worst in the NFL because of Wilson's crap out/contract (his big cap hits are still two seasons away) and this franchise being crappy for like seven straight seasons. Why would somebody like Payton take that job? He can pick any opening he wants.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Hackett hurt himself early and often. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anybody reasonably interested in the Broncos who thought he was doing much right.

He sat his starters all preseason. During his first game he pulled that 64 yard field goal shenanigans. Dude has shown no upside and it's been nothing but weird since he took over.

So you take Hackett, you add Russ sucking, and then a few weeks into the season you have a large chunk of OL (has every tackle been on IR this year?) and WRs going down.
I don't think Hackett was great or anything, but he basically got put in a no-win situation. Hackett was hired by previous ownership, basically the last thing they did before going up for sale. Russ was the guy the new owners basically sold the house for. Who do you think was calling the shots in that relationship?

I honestly believe the resting the starters thing was a deal with Russ and here's the thing: There were signs even during the offseason that Hackett could see issues with his new QB that I don't believe he even wanted. After the way this season has gone: Do you really blame him for preferring to rely on his kicker than his QB? (And that's even if he made that call, which I think there is a strong case to be made that Russ pulled the offense off the field himself).

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Russ has been sacked 49 times in 13 games... or 3.8 times/game.

Geno has been sacked 39 times in 15 games... or 2.6 times/game.

On a per game basis, Russ has been sacked almost 50% more times than has Geno.

I'll leave it to you to draw your own conclusions.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score

*and that's with 2 rookie tackles and essentially no help from our center...

"but but but pete is holding rw3 back..."

Hollandhawk

Reaction score

Obviously it’s all the oline.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
I remember seeing an interview with him once where he admitted that when he was in school he was a real big unapologetic dick to the smaller kids or the nerdy kids and so forth. Like an out-and-out stereotypical cartoonish bully jock type of mentality.

I could see that being the case.

Latest posts