Russ sucks so bad

Ozzy

Reaction score
I thought after his last outing he would have a decent performance today but he looks like someone who has zero confidence in himself. I love the draft pick stuff and it helping Seattle but still feel bad for the guy who gave me some incredible Seahawk memories. Wild year

Rat

Reaction score
I had been saying for a while that I think Russ will age like Ben Roethlisberger, but I thought this trade would look like a win-win for the first two seasons. Russ aged the way I worried he would two years early. Kinda feel bad for Bronco fans. As bad as the Jamal Adams trade was for us, this is going to be 1000x worse. That franchise is really screwed.

It's funny this year because we have their draft picks, but I hope he looks at least league-average next season.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I thought after his last outing he would have a decent performance today but he looks like someone who has zero confidence in himself. I love the draft pick stuff and it helping Seattle but still feel bad for the guy who gave me some incredible Seahawk memories. Wild year
It has nothing to do with confidence

The guy relied on athleticism to shield from his poor QB skills and now he cant. Simple as that

And I don’t feel bad for someone who declares that he’s “happy he no longer has to carry a team” on his way outta town.

He created this. He can lie in it

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I listen to his press confrences periodically just to hear what his thoughts are and it baffles me, that the problems are always "We" "We're" Doing this, doing that..not doing this, or that and it's never himself taking accountability for their failures. I guess it's a team thing.. When we win, it's I.. When we lose it's us. I'd like to see him suck it up and just say, he's having a hard time adjusting or something..

olyfan63

Reaction score
What do you make out of holding the football to your mouth?
It's like one of those puppets they hold and do voices with.
He is very weird!
So there are a lot of skilled lip readers who absolutely can lip-read what sports opponents are saying, and some are no doubt employed by sports teams, and some employed by media companies. Following are some "Jomboy Breakdowns" with lip-reading. Sorry they are all baseball examples, but at least both vids have some Mariners lip-reading clips featuring Scott Servais.

My second wife had a hearing impairment and made it through college to age 35 by lip reading, then got a cochlear implant before I met her, and could hear sorta normally. Anyway, she was an expert lip reader and when she would watch football games with me, she could easily lip-read what coaches and players said on the sidelines when the camera was on them. Lip-reading is a directional technology requiring line-of-sight, and is best with a frontal view of the speaker. so obviously she had trouble following group conversations where the speaker changes frequently. Having seen an expert at work, reading Russell's lips would be a piece of cake for someone with that level of skill, if he didn't cover his mouth somehow.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Russ is awful and has been for years. I actually don’t even hate the guy for leaving I’m just glad Denver was gullible enough to take Schneider’s sales pitch.
Russ has been awful for years? Years?

Aircrew

Reaction score
For you Russ critics (I joined that club when he left), was this what you were expecting? I’m being totally sincere here. Not knocking you at all. To the contrary, I’m a bit in awe of you.

I understand PCs system benefited Russ but, this fall off is unparalleled. I honestly thought this would be his best statistical season as he would be permitted to “cook”.
I didn’t translate that into wins as I believe in balance.

I recognized his deficiencies here but…SHEESHUS H.

Did anyone predict it would be this bad? If so, why? Lack of spreading the ball, check downs, etc.? Even with that being evident here, he was usually proficient.

To think we’re benefiting from this like we are…Merry Xmas 12’s. This shits incredible.
I thought he'd have a decent to good year this year then start noticably regressing next. Boy, was I off. I think Russ could rebound next season IF he were to acknowledge that he's best in a Pete style offense that the Broncos would then install with the next coach and lose some weight. The only way Russ is going to look servicable as a starter is to get outside of the pocket by using his legs so he can see the entire field. But, I don't think he's capable of making those admissions.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
For you Russ critics (I joined that club when he left), was this what you were expecting? I’m being totally sincere here. Not knocking you at all. To the contrary, I’m a bit in awe of you.

I understand PCs system benefited Russ but, this fall off is unparalleled. I honestly thought this would be his best statistical season as he would be permitted to “cook”.

Did anyone predict it would be this bad? If so, why? Lack of spreading the ball, check downs, etc.? Even with that being evident here, he was usually proficient.

To think we’re benefiting from this like we are…Merry Xmas 12’s. This shits incredible.
I expected a downturn because the guy was allowed to go into the absolute worst situation for a guy with his lack of self awareness: He got to come in like he was above coaching and call his own shot.

He was completely oblivious to how protected he was here and to what lengths were went to in order to hide his deficits while highlighting his strengths.

That said: I didn't expect THIS level of a collapse. This is an extraordinary drop that typically presages a dude not returning to the NFL, he is playing that bad. If Denver hadn't already signed him for all those additional years, we'd be looking at better than even odds that his career would be over.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I feel bad for Russ in a way. I hope he gets humbled by this.
But I think the Broncos are very deserving of this mess. It’s very comforting knowing we are on the better end of one of the most lopsided trades of all time.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I feel bad for Russ in a way. I hope he gets humbled by this.
But I think the Broncos are very deserving of this mess. It’s very comforting knowing we are on the better end of one of the most lopsided trades of all time.

What have you seen over the past ten years that makes you think Russ is capable of being humbled?

After he threw that pick in the SB, he said god was testing him. That was when he started to lose me. Zero self awareness.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
What have you seen over the past ten years that makes you think Russ is capable of being humbled?

After he threw that pick in the SB, he said god was testing him. That was when he started to lose me. Zero self awareness.
That’s just it. He didn’t see a need to be humbled after that SB. But maybe a season full of failures and a team of angry players will be the lightning rod.

Although, one thing that won’t help is the coach getting fired. You know it’s coming because he is a terrible HC.

Vesuve

Reaction score
I watched some of the Broncos-Rams game....on and off...

In the end, Rypien was playing and threw the pick-6.

Was Wilson injured or benched?

TIA

nwHawk

Reaction score

As many others have said he was tied to his athleticism and moon ball. Mobility had slowed in recent years, and he loved in on the big play hurting his team by not operating within the team structure. I had speculated that all of those sack year in and year out would catchup to him. As well as a handful of times that he looked concussed. He’s pretty much done. Sad, because he was a hell of a player at on time.

Donn2390

Reaction score
The first play of the game for Bronco's offense, Russ went for the long bomb and missed it. He was thinking he would start the game off with a hero touchdown and shut everyone up. That worked as well as everything else he has done this season.
Like everyone else, I'm amazed about how far he has fallen. He has gone for HOF shoe in to losing his legacy, his reputation, and face.
He has fallen from the top of the highest mountain to the bottom of the deepest canyon. Soon if not already, he just has to be personally totally devastated, he's lost everything important to himself, the perfect recipe for "Eating a gun". Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but that man is a complete basket case. If it should come to the naked chick dumping him on top of all this, all bets are off..