Russ sucks so bad

Rainger

Reaction score
From CBS Sports

Russell Wilson is officially lost: Wilson may have had his worst game as a professional, finishing just 15 of 27 for 214 yards with one touchdown and three interceptions in a 51-14 loss to a 4-10 team. The game started ugly, as Wilson just heaved a pass up the sideline to a well-covered Courtland Sutton, marking the beginning of a day where he seemed lost in decision-making and getting his team together.

His first two interceptions were head-scratching moments, and Wilson's offensive line didn't seem to care what he had to say. The Broncos are stuck with Wilson, and his head coach won't be an excuse for poor play next year after Nathaniel Hackett was fired.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
Wilson may have had his worst game as a professional, finishing just 15 of 27 for 214 yards with one touchdown and three interceptions in a 51-14 loss to a 4-10 team.

Well, he did have five picks in one game at Green Bay in 2016.

But yeah, that loss to the Rams was a pretty pathetic display.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
There are about 100 qbs in the league, including those on the practice squad. Of those, Russell is probably in the bottom third right now.

Look, any coach that comes in for the 100 million over 3 years probably goes for It the same reason Russ did. Guaranteed money. And as long as they can bullshit by giving the qb all the credit for being a game manager, guaranteed fame.

Yeah, no. Not with a qb that’s regressed even historically harder than Prock Purdy has ascended.

If I’m Penner, I’m looking very closely at the 49ers in 2014-17. Hackett was their Tomsula, and now they’re going to either find a Chip Kelly or go all in for someone like Shanalynch after firing Baalke.

I

RiverDog

Reaction score
Penner's statement that the new head coach will report directly to him and not the GM seems a bit odd. If he has that little confidence in his GM to manage the team, why is he keeping him around? Is he planning on pulling a Jerry Jones and micromanage the team? He's essentially turned his GM into a glorified scout.

He's also turning this search for a new coach into a committee decision and bringing in people that don't have a football background. Condoleezza Rice? Gimme a break! What the heck can she contribute to the process?

Given the Russell contract and this new management structure, the Broncos could be jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Penner's statement that the new head coach will report directly to him and not the GM seems a bit odd. If he has that little confidence in his GM to manage the team, why is he keeping him around? Is he planning on pulling a Jerry Jones and micromanage the team? He's essentially turned his GM into a glorified scout.

He's also turning this search for a new coach into a committee decision and bringing in people that don't have a football background. Condoleezza Rice? Gimme a break! What the heck can she contribute to the process?

Given the Russell contract and this new management structure, the Broncos could be jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Condi helped bring Harbs to Stanford so….

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The reason I feel sorry for Russ is because he's a former Seahawk that gave us some of the best moments in franchise history. Yes, he left on a sour note, but so did a number of former Seahawks, like Kenny Easley and Steve Hutchinson. I wasn't happy with the way he left, lying to us about his intentions as did Pete, but it's not like he made a pact with the Devil or burned the American flag. He made a career decision that he felt was in his best interest.

Like all of us, Russell has his faults. He's obsessed with his image, talks in cliches, is a true Pollyanna, has an over inflated ego. Alot of what he's going through he asked for, so in that respect, I don't have any sympathy for the predicament he put himself in. But that doesn't mean I can't be sympathetic to the emotional distress he must be going through as at least to some degree, I've had to endure a similar reckoning, and it wasn't fun.

Russell didn't prowl massage parlors forcing himself on women and he didn't drive drunk at 95mph on an urban freeway then tell a cop that was trying to befriend him that he had little d*ck syndrome. His visits to Children's were genuine. I had a friend of a friend with a kid in Children's that had Russell visit them in their room, serving a meal. He's a decent human being who has earned our consideration.
Fetchid8433570d1666193409
Even in hospital it's about his brand and his book.."look at me and what I'm doing"

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Why would I need to?if it was something I wanted to do then I don't need to get attention for it.
Peyton Manning did children hospital visits too, but didn't bring camera crews along like Russ loves to do.

Yes, Russ is nice for doing it but folks are kidding themselves if they think Russ doesn't do it for the attention.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Back in 2012, when Russell was a rookie, I had a friend of a friend that had a child in Children's Hospital in Seattle. One weekday morning, in walks Russell Wilson, serving a meal. No cameramen, no one else except Russell and a tray of food.

There was also a story of how after the Monday night game vs. the Saints in our SB year, that after everyone had left the locker room, Russell took a "make a wish" kid, terminally ill, out onto the stadium and played catch with him for 10-15 minutes because he had made a promise to him earlier in the week. No pictures, though.

Perhaps part of his motivation now includes the exploitation of his fame and good heartedness to maximize his brand. But there is no doubt that his heart is in the right place. If all he wanted to do was to advertise himself, there are better ways to do it than going into a hospital, donning a mask, and reading a book to a sick child. Besides, I don't imagine that kid's parents cared if he was wearing his brand or brought a cameraman with him, and certainly the kid didn't accuse him of polishing his image.

Plus, Russell's activities might inspire others to follow his lead. Not everyone questions his intentions.

Last edited:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
"(Wilson) holds onto the ball too long. I bet you over a third of the sacks given up in Seattle over the last 10 years were directly attributed to Russell, and it’s the way it is. That dude needs to throw… I don’t care how many times you pat (the football), it’s not going to burp, the thing’s not a baby. Throw the freaking thing.”

- Mark Schlereth former Broncos offensive lineman

knownone

Reaction score
Russell is a bit of a weirdo, but I don't think it's fair to question the legitimacy of his charitability. By all accounts, he is and has been a great individual in the community.

JPatera76

Reaction score

KJ is now saying Russell.. is the reason for this decline and calling for him to be more present with the team and interacting with them and get the brotherhood he doesn’t have now.

And he says stuff about how It was similar here

NoGain

Reaction score
There certainly are elements to the RW experience capable of eliciting schadenfreude in the minds of many when the opportunity for it arises. I'm not completely devoid of that tendency.

I remember seeing an Instagram post of his in which he was sharing with the world intimate words of love and appreciation to his wife on some such anniversary occasion. I could never see myself writing some intimate missive like that to my partner and then taking a photo of it and posting it on social media. There'd be something so mawkishly staged and self-congratulatory about it that my behavioral conscience wouldn't permit it.

Having said that, RW's not an evil person. He's just a tireless promoter of his brand that oftentimes strikes people as being awkward, out of touch, or overly calculating. You could do a lot worse, though. And, as another previously said, a good deed is a good deed.

Last edited: