Russ sucks so bad

chrispy

Reaction score
Last edited:

m0ng0

Reaction score
I think Russ could have a good year. I wouldn't be unhappy with that, I don't like the guy but I still kinda push for him. He just needs to get his head sorted out.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Russ with his statements really rubs me the wrong way sometimes.

When Hackett got fired, Russ talked about him being a great family man, blah blah. Why not say we didn't do our jobs, we will address it as a team, thanks. Why the stuff about Hackett being a family man?

When the Bradley Chubb trade rumors were getting started up , he shared a conversation he had with Chubb about greatness being noticed and thats why these trade talks come up. Why not keep that to yourself Russ? Just zip it. Some things need to stay in house. Sometimes being a leader is doing these stuff and keeping it private. No need to tell everyone about it. Check the ego Russ. Don't be such a goddamn fake Russ.

When the report leaked of him going to ownership to get PC and JS fired, it's how much a father figure Pete is. Why not just deny the report and stop there? What's with the personal stuff?

It comes across as fake, inauthenic, and a cudgel at times. Especially since he had a stoogy text Payton to tell him they wanted him, a full week before Hackett was fired. What a two faced thing to do. Unreal.

And then we have the high knees. He had to tell everyone what an awesome ass he is, by doing high knees while his teammates were sleeping. Why throw your mates under the bus like that Russ? Shut it Russ.

Someone in Donkey land needs to tell Russ no more media. Russ has zero self awareness and he needs his team to manage his PR stuff because he can't help but make an ass of himself and draw attention to himself all the time.

So glad he isn't our problem anymore. Sick of the Russ side show.

I'm thankful we have an owner with common sense and the ability to see right through Russ's bullshit.

Ask the Washington Football team how they like their owner.

toffee

Reaction score
It comes across as fake, inauthenic, and a cudgel at times. Especially since he had a stoogy text Payton to tell him they wanted him, a full week before Hackett was fired. What a two faced thing to do. Unreal.
Like to know more about Russ's people text Payton, this is so Wilson.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score

When Hackett got fired, Russ talked about him being a great family man, blah blah. Why not say we didn't do our jobs, we will address it as a team, thanks. Why the stuff about Hackett being a family man?

When the Bradley Chubb trade rumors were getting started up , he shared a conversation he had with Chubb about greatness being noticed and thats why these trade talks come up. Why not keep that to yourself Russ? Just zip it. Some things need to stay in house. Sometimes being a leader is doing these stuff and keeping it private. No need to tell everyone about it. Check the ego Russ. Don't be such a goddamn fake Russ.

When the report leaked of him going to ownership to get PC and JS fired, it's how much a father figure Pete is. Why not just deny the report and stop there? What's with the personal stuff?

And then we have the high knees. He had to tell everyone what an awesome ass he is, by doing high knees while his teammates were sleeping. Why throw your mates under the bus like that Russ? Shut it Russ.

Someone in Donkey land needs to tell Russ no more media. Russ has zero self awareness and he needs his team to manage his PR stuff because he can't help but make an ass of himself and draw attention to himself all the time.

I'm thankful we have an owner with common sense and the ability to see right through Russ's bullshit.

I think you really hit the nail on the head. I've never seen someone break it down quite like that before.

RiverDog

Reaction score

Good summation.

Russell talks too much, especially when he's not playing well and the team is losing. A good example is his statement about doing knee highs on the plane flight to Europe while his teammates were sleeping. He should have said that he's been re-habbing it every hour or so and leave it at that. No need to conjure up images of him prancing up and down in the aisle of a wide-bodied jet. Then there was his statement about his fast healing and must have wolverine blood. It makes him sound like he thinks he's some kind of superhero. And then there's those hideous Subway commercials. I could go on and on.

It's an admirable trait to consider how others perceive you, to be a role model to your fans, act like the face of the franchise, say all the right things. But as an old wise man once told me, an overdone strength becomes a weakness, and Russell's preoccupation with his image has caused him to look like a phony.

For a guy that is as obsessed with his image as he is, Russell doesn't seem to realize that he's turned himself into a laughingstock. Doesn't he see the memes or read the comments about him on social media? Does the man live in a vacuum? His ignorance is truly bizarre.

Why hasn't someone on his Team 3 pulled him aside and told him how foolish he looks, that at least for the time being, it would be better to limit his remarks and not be so specific about his innermost thoughts, tell him that it's OK to answer "I'm not sure" or "we'll see" every once in a while? Doesn't he have a best friend on his team, a confidant that can give him some honest advice?

Russ has always been a quirky individual, but these past 6 months has damaged his image and destroyed his credibility, perhaps beyond repair.

Last edited:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Peter King just said the same thing on pro football talk.

I would hope that the national criticism might inspire a moment of reflection. The best publicity for you, Russ, is for you to do less Of it.

Last edited:

olyfan63

Reaction score
Maybe Russell's new 28 year old QB coach has been brought in to help him learn to actually read defenses; Sean Payton's way of rubbing Russell's nose in it just a little by hiring a 20-something to help Russ realize what you were supposed to learn in your 20's.