Rumor: Seahawks talking to Giants about Kam trade

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Exittium":2a0tjpel said:
Seems to me, well in my opinion the Hawks have inched closer to him with a few different options moneywise and, each time he's turned the otherway. 1st it was what not fining him? Then it was more guaranteed from somewhere? Now its reduced fines and more guaranteed on top of an additional year? They Hawks have done more then they've needed to. Its Kam who's not budging, and I'm really curious to know what exactly going on between the two. I don't think things are "peachy" or anything, something happened at some point to piss Kam off either between him and the team or another player, I think he's trying to force a trade maybe at this point.
I don't think it's the last part, I think it's all about the $$$ period, and him and his agent not realizing how a salary cap works.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":26x141cy said:
akscoundrel":26x141cy said:
Curious on what the end game is gonna be. Hawks clearly aren't gonna budge money wise, and chancellor has backed himself into the corner.

Is Chancellor as good as gone? Only way he comes back is if he's cool in being embarrassed in defeat.
No, he's not good as gone. I think it's a waiting game. When Kam decides that missing game checks is too painful he'll be back. If he is stubborn enough to sit out games or the year, he is only hurting his own financial present and future.

Letting a depreciating asset rot into the ground doesn't really seem to be our m.o...At some point in time, we are gonna get what we can for him. That 'some point in time' is approaching, and gaining momentum.

Its pretty clear. The seahawks are not budging, and are accepting offers. And yet, chancellor is not back. Right about now chancellor should be asking himself if he is a seahawk. And if so, he's gonna have to swallow a pretty big pill of embarrassment. And to that point, chancellor is not back.

I could be wrong, I hope I'm wrong, but it seems to me the writing is on the wall.

seehawkswin

Reaction score
I don't know what going on in Kam's head either. It just doesn't make sense, the way he's digging his heels in. The only explanation that makes sense to me is that the injuries he played through last season, as well as the knee injury he got practicing right before the SB that he miraculously played with ... has taken a bigger toll than anyone realizes.

The way he plays the game, it's possible these injuries (and maybe others he's hidden from the team) are making him worried he's not going to be able to continue at this level for three more years to earn another big payday. He may feel getting a bunch of guaranteed money now is going to be his best/only move, and if the downside is giving his body a year to rest, maybe it's not such a bad thing. Does that sound crazy? If there's any truth to my speculation, I sure hope the Seahawks hold their ground.

Hopefully, its just a case of him getting bad advice and being stubborn. I'd love to see him do his thing for several more years in Seattle.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
He could come back right now and save face by saying he's coming back for the fans and his teammates. I don't believe for a minute that he's going to be embarrassed.

mrt144

Reaction score
akscoundrel":2s6ival7 said:
Sports Hernia":2s6ival7 said:
akscoundrel":2s6ival7 said:
Curious on what the end game is gonna be. Hawks clearly aren't gonna budge money wise, and chancellor has backed himself into the corner.

Is Chancellor as good as gone? Only way he comes back is if he's cool in being embarrassed in defeat.
No, he's not good as gone. I think it's a waiting game. When Kam decides that missing game checks is too painful he'll be back. If he is stubborn enough to sit out games or the year, he is only hurting his own financial present and future.

Letting a depreciating asset rot into the ground doesn't really seem to be our m.o...At some point in time, we are gonna get what we can for him. That 'some point in time' is approaching, and gaining momentum.

Its pretty clear. The seahawks are not budging, and are accepting offers. And yet, chancellor is not back. Right about now chancellor should be asking himself if he is a seahawk. And if so, he's gonna have to swallow a pretty big pill of embarrassment. And to that point, chancellor is not back.

I could be wrong, I hope I'm wrong, but it seems to me the writing is on the wall.

Maybe I don't have any pride or shame but I can't imagine that failing to get what you want is humbling. It's just a business deal. People and their pride.

Exittium

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1le87opm said:
Exittium":1le87opm said:
Seems to me, well in my opinion the Hawks have inched closer to him with a few different options moneywise and, each time he's turned the otherway. 1st it was what not fining him? Then it was more guaranteed from somewhere? Now its reduced fines and more guaranteed on top of an additional year? They Hawks have done more then they've needed to. Its Kam who's not budging, and I'm really curious to know what exactly going on between the two. I don't think things are "peachy" or anything, something happened at some point to piss Kam off either between him and the team or another player, I think he's trying to force a trade maybe at this point.
I don't think it's the last part, I think it's all about the $$$ period, and him and his agent not realizing how a salary cap works.

Agreed, I think at this point he's trying to somehow a new contract to magically appear with way more money that we don't have anywhere.

chris98251

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":e39xkaj6 said:
keasley45":e39xkaj6 said:
Just saw an 'official' report on NFL Network that the Pittsburgh Steelers have contacted the 'Hawks about a trade for Kam...
Talk about insult to injury if that were to actually materialize.

Still hopeful that this is just part of JS's due diligence; just trying to understand what options exist more than a real desire to move him at this point. Or, that they are trying to scare Kam a bit and get him to come to his senses... pretty high stakes poker.

But the Steelers? Really? I undertand not moving him within the conference, but ...

Makes sense, the Stealers' D is a mess this year, and they know Kam will be an instant hit with their caveman fans. If they offered like a 1st and a 3rd I'd bite their arm off, because they're going to have a decently high pick next year.

You may bite their arm off, JS would take it probably and then trade the 1st down the board for more picks, we don't like high picks they are too pricey and the contracts have the guarantees in them that are not as flexible as he would like.

I do find it interesting that our most hated and teams that have complained the most about us are now trying to make deals with us.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
akscoundrel":23a63v82 said:
Sports Hernia":23a63v82 said:
akscoundrel":23a63v82 said:

He is under contract for the next 3 years, and the way he plays not taking or giving hits is probably a good thing for his body.
If he wants to sit out let him, you are NEVER going to get even decent value in any trade. I'm calling his bluff, and if he decides to pull a Barry Sanders (which will never happen) then so be it. He has no choice at some point then to swallow his pride and come back if he wants to continue to make millions in the NFL.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
If he doesn't come back I say he is traded...Not gonna let him sit out when they can get something for him. Percy Chancellor would get paid on one of the bottom dweller teams where we would not hear much of him again...If somebody offers a 1st rd on a team that is gonna be in the bottom 10 I say do it! He obviously does not want to be here anymore.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Kam's career is not going to last long. He plays too hard. If he's being a dick, we should get what we can for him.

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
Quite frankly, trading Kam is even worse than paying him.

Kam will get a fat new contract and we can expect a line out of Pc/JS door next year. Not only that, we are stuck with Kams dead money and having to replace him. It makes zero sense.

I propose a different tactic. Hire a new coach, call him Kam's coach. When Kam returns in week 11 have Kam's coach make his life at work something he will remember, well away from the rest of the guys. Other players will get the hint. This is well worth the 2m cap savings trading him would give us

Exittium

Reaction score
I'm fine with them letting kam sit and pout about money this year. Then they can take percy's money and maybe split it up with a little more going to bennett. I don't see irvin staying tbh otherwise I'd say they should include him into the splitting of percy funds.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seahawksTopGear":ix2z3412 said:
Quite frankly, trading Kam is even worse than paying him.

Kam will get a fat new contract and we can expect a line out of Pc/JS door next year. Not only that, we are stuck with Kams dead money and having to replace him. It makes zero sense.

I propose a different tactic. Hire a new coach, call him Kam's coach. When Kam returns in week 11 have Kam's coach make his life at work something he will remember, well away from the rest of the guys. Other players will get the hint. This is well worth the 2m cap savings trading him would give us
BINGO!

I understand the frustration with the situation but trading him is the worst thing you can do, you'd get next to nothing for him, this isn't fantasy football!

endzorn

Reaction score
i think we're giving credence to something that was blown out of proportion. He'll report sometime this season and play hard.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Ugh....Another Twitter "rumor"
I wish twitter would die and maybe real journalism and common sense would come back.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":16irkgqz said:
Ugh....Another Twitter "rumor"
I wish twitter would die and maybe real journalism and common sense would come back.
Agreed
Sounds like the Giants were just wishfully thinking according to those with sources I've read..... Pissburgh also would like Kam, as do 31 other teams. I am sure Seattle is interested in JJ Watt too.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
endzorn":130d1w9y said:
i think we're giving credence to something that was blown out of proportion. He'll report sometime this season and play hard.

Agreed. At some point, Kam will realize that by not playing and thus sacrificing a quarter of a million every game (that's the size of his game checks), he's actually losing more money than he'd stand to earn from a reworked contract.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
EVERYTHING changes this week. Kam is not just incurring fines any longer, but he risks missing a game check. His resolve has been strong, but this week will show how committed he is to a new contract.

My guess is the he shows up to work tomorrow, and everything returns to smiles and happiness

Latest posts