Rumor: Seahawks talking to Giants about Kam trade

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
brimsalabim":33lzrnsu said:
I say give Kam what he wants pending physical and get on with our preparations for the season. Recent moves we have already made signaled the end of the "all ways compete, next man up" era and it appears we have moved more to a "win now" philosophy. A healthy Kam gives us a better chance to win this season.

The construction of the new offensive line completely contradicts your claim.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3qur5w9z said:
I say give Kam what he wants pending physical and get on with our preparations for the season. Recent moves we have already made signaled the end of the "all ways compete, next man up" era and it appears we have moved more to a "win now" philosophy. A healthy Kam gives us a better chance to win this season.
I say do the opposite and don't give Kam anything

themunn

Reaction score
RiverDog":d8ng1e78 said:
Bobblehead":d8ng1e78 said:
ESPN guys thing about a 1st and a 3rd would be fair.

We wouldn't get anything close to a 1st and a 3rd. Kam is a strong safety, and despite his All Pro qualities, no one is going to put that many resources, which would include a monster contract, into that position. We would be lucky to get just the #1.

Eh well teams are drafting safeties left right and centre in the first round - the Bucs even used the 7th overall pick on Mark Barron a few years back

IndyHawk

Reaction score
RiverDog":3d2kwk4q said:
Bobblehead":3d2kwk4q said:

We wouldn't get anything close to a 1st and a 3rd. Kam is a strong safety, and despite his All Pro qualities, no one is going to put that many resources, which would include a monster contract, into that position. We would be lucky to get just the #1.

I don't see an easy way out of this mess. There's no way we would be able to get any value out of a trade and there's no way the team can cave in while Kam needs something to allow him to save face. It wouldn't be a good thing for him or us to have him come back with his tail between his legs.

Something has to be going on with Kam. Perhaps he's lost his desire for the game, or simply isn't ready physically and/or mentally to start the season. This is weird, has a Percy Harvin type smell to it (not that Kam's personality is anywhere near Harvin's), an irrational absence that can't be explained. He's not a prima donna like Harvin was, but a reasonable explanation is no easier to be found.
It's just time for him to MAN UP! No excuses.Be a man and honor your contract with your sig.

RiverDog

Reaction score
IndyHawk":zsvnovus said:
It's just time for him to MAN UP! No excuses.Be a man and honor your contract with your sig.

Easy for us to say. I honestly don't know what's going on with Kam, so I'm not going to dump on him just yet. With Harvin, I knew the guy was a pot head and a prick, so I had no problems calling him out for not returning promptly after an injury/rehab. But Kam's a good guy and a solid teammate, and I have a hard time believing that he'd jeopardize the success of the team by conducting an unreasonable holdout. I have the feeling that his holdout is about more than just money.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Mike 4G":3d440kv0 said:
He played in theSB hurt. A torn mcl I think. If he injured further he could have jeopardized his career. Therefore the rest of his contract could potentially be worthless. I could see that freaking him out and he rethinking things. Just a thought. I could see us guaranteeing more of his contract and both sides win. No new money waive fines and gaurentee two of the 3 years left.

You make good points. However, Kam participated in the OTAs and didn't any problems with his injury nor dissatisfaction with his contract. At least from a public perspective. All seemed well at that point, something changed between the mini-camps and start of training camp. Here's his press conference from day 1 of OTAs - http://www.seahawks.com/video/2015/05/26/kam-chancellor-ota-press-conference

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2bqahx1y said:
Can we please stop with the Beckham Jr talk? It's embarrassing. NEVER EVEN AN OPTION.

Maybe we can get a David Beckham 8x10 for him

v1rotv2

Reaction score
No player is above the team. Kam is a great safety but only a safety. If you give in to him now what other position are you going to skimp on to balance the books? Kam signed his deal and those numbers are used in the formula to manage the cap. The next man up may not be as good but the team fanancial structure will be intact.

Fans fall in love with players way too much. Here's a tip for you. Players do not fall in love with fans. They only truly fall in love with the highest bidder. Kam is no exception.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":1tb1jlpd said:
WilsonMVP":1tb1jlpd said:
Exittium":1tb1jlpd said:
Umm.. Browner was suspended indefinitely which is why seattle cut him.. And coincidently once the Pats picked him up it was overturned..

Browner can (insert insult here) ...its HIS fault he isnt on the Sehawks..and his alone. If he wasnt so concerned about smoking weed he could of played in the superbowl WITH US and most likely would of been a 2 time superbowl champion WITH US

But he is a two time superbowl champion with and without us, he's the only one that can say that right now.
Pete Carroll gave him his big break, the Seahawks Coaches trained him up to respectability, he then smoked his way out of the LOB, and hurt his Brothers....He's the only one who can say that too.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
brimsalabim":k8ogxgj6 said:
There is this thing called the salary cap. Plus you will have 10 players pulling a "Kam" next year lining up to get their raise.
The most they can do is waive his fines and guarantee a year or 2 in his contract.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2t351yyv said:
Tech Worlds":2t351yyv said:
Kam is a stud but he's not Kenny Easley.

That's right, Kam's kidneys still work :shock: . Kam might not be at the level Easley was in coverage, but Easley wasn't quite the beast kam is at the LOS. I'd put them on fairly equal footing, all things taken into account.
Not true, "All Things Taken Into Account", Kenny "The Enforcer" Easley didn't have the likes of Earl Thomas, Brandon Browner, and Richard Sherman around him.
Easley was pretty much a stand out solo act.

Cartire

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":dp8161nj said:
brimsalabim":dp8161nj said:
There is this thing called the salary cap. Plus you will have 10 players pulling a "Kam" next year lining up to get their raise.
The most they can do is waive his fines and guarantee a year or 2 in his contract.

Im all for restructuring. Especially for a core player. I'm against a raise of any kind.

But im starting to wonder about this theory of "every player" lining up for new contracts if Kam was to get one. Not every player is on Kams level. The core players just got their deals, and at top dollar. And all the other players have extremely talented backups just waiting for them to sit out.

Bennett is the only one that comes to mind that would have a chance, but with the way Clark has been playing this Pre-season, I dont think the office would care. And Bennett, with his professionalism speech, tells me that he still has a family to feed and wouldnt dare give up game-checks.

Lynch got a restructure last year, and it may have been the catalyst for Kam to try for one, but 10 others guys didnt line up this year thinking they had the same option. So I highly doubt 10 (or even 2) would think they could do it next year.

All that being said, Kam is still being dumb. We get all the money back towards the cap next year if he decides to not play. So its a win-win for the Hawks if they dont budge.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":176ph76l said:
He could come back right now and save face by saying he's coming back for the fans and his teammates. I don't believe for a minute that he's going to be embarrassed.
LOL, I love this guy, BUT truth is?, I don't think he gives two shits about the fans.
Trading him would probably be giving him his second desired choice...More Money, albeit with a different set of Brothers.
I would tell him that he plays for the Seahawks or he plays for no one.
It's his money that is there for the taking ,and all he has to do is honor his still wet ink Signature.

Cartire

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2zwlxeyu said:
Tech Worlds":2zwlxeyu said:
He could come back right now and save face by saying he's coming back for the fans and his teammates. I don't believe for a minute that he's going to be embarrassed.
LOL, I love this guy, BUT truth is?, I don't think he gives two shits about the fans.
Trading him would probably be giving him his second desired choice...More Money, albeit with a different set of Brothers.
I would tell him that he plays for the Seahawks or he plays for no one.
It's his money that is there for the taking ,and all he has to do is honor his still wet ink Signature.

He might not care about the fans, but Tech is right, this would be his only save-face option. Claim he doesnt want to hurt the team or the fans, hope for some sympathy. Get back to work, and let it all wash away.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
So much delusion in here.

The Seahawks as an organization have to be extremely careful how they handle this. It's absolutely plausible that they lose in the locker room depending on what they do here. Kam is not just any player. Particularly to his teammates, who have been more than vocal about backing Kam.

That fans? The subject is millions of dollars. You're off your rocker if you think you or any other fan matters.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We have our strong safety. His name is Dion Bailey. *hangs up*

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
hawkfan68":bz3yzy8q said:
Our Man in Chicago":bz3yzy8q said:
You might as well ask for Eli Manning, two 1st-rounders, and a bag of crack cocaine.

#becausethatsexactlywhatyoudbesmoking_bro

No thank you. Seahawks already have a capable backup QB behind RW. They don't need an overpriced one.

Not an actual proposal. A discussion of likelihood.

A-Dog

Reaction score
RiverDog":mvslq1yn said:
Bobblehead":mvslq1yn said:

I don't see an easy way out of this mess. There's no way we would be able to get any value out of a trade and there's no way the team can cave in while Kam needs something to allow him to save face. It wouldn't be a good thing for him or us to have him come back with his tail between his legs.

Something has to be going on with Kam. Perhaps he's lost his desire for the game, or simply isn't ready physically and/or mentally to start the season. This is weird, has a Percy Harvin type smell to it (not that Kam's personality is anywhere near Harvin's), an irrational absence that can't be explained. He's not a prima donna like Harvin was, but a reasonable explanation is no easier to be found.
Well, when we traded Easley it was for Kelly Stouffer, who was the 6th overall pick the year before but held out the entire year. When his kidney issues surfaced we gave them our 1st and two 5ths instead. Easley was 29 at the time and had been injured in previous seasons. Kam is 27. So a 1st and a 3rd for Kam doesn't sound far-fetched to me at all. I personally wouldn't do this deal at all unless it was for two likely mid-to-high #1 picks. Even then I might not do it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BWilliamsonESPN/status/640920293234470913[/tweet]

HansGruber

Reaction score
The Seahawks won't budge. It would be stupid to trade, and I honestly don't think ownership would allow it. Yes, front offices would push hard for it, but the owners will not allow it.

I base this on something John Clayton said about being told by numerous insiders that Paul Allen and other owners have an agreement not to change contracts early. He said there is currently pressure on Seahawks from other owners to not cave. Further, Clayton said Allen, Schneider and Carroll were on the same page and have repeatedly stayed publicly and privately that the team won't budge. He said his inside sources at the Seahawks say they would rather move on.

Just don't see it happening. Chancellor is getting bad advice or ignoring good advice.