Rumor: Seahawks talking to Giants about Kam trade

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":f4cjh8d9 said:
Kam is a stud but he's not Kenny Easley.

That's right, Kam's kidneys still work :shock: . Kam might not be at the level Easley was in coverage, but Easley wasn't quite the beast kam is at the LOS. I'd put them on fairly equal footing, all things taken into account.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":38hg1ofi said:
I wonder if we'd actually focus a bit more on offense wouldn't this whole sideshow with Kam even matter? Why not actually open the offense up like everyone else in creation and not require the defense to be historically good 4 years running?

Just a thought.

Have Bevell hand the reins to Russell? Sure, why not. Very difficulty to underutilize pedestrians, but somehow Bevell manages it.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I think Bevell is right where he needs to be. He handles things exactly how Pete wants it done and that amounts to controlling the fourth quarter and putting more points on the board than the opponent 80 percent of the time.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":110nn53v said:
Kam is maybe the 5th or 6th most important player on defense, IMO. I'm glad Schneider is so far holding firm.

Bennett, Mebane, Avril, Hill, Rubin, King, Irvin, Wright, Wagner, KPL, Sherman, D. Bailey, D. Dobbs, C. Willams, ET.....Terrell.....Burley??

Wagner, Earl and Possibly Sherman are the only guys on our D that I'd put above him. Not surprisingly, those are our all-pros. Oh, wait! Kam is all-pro as well. You may be experiencing denial because you are angry with him, but he is much better than the 6th most important person on our D. He is completely well rounded, and brings an intangible that the great SS's of old used to bring...intimidation. You can't undervalue what instilling fear that causes WR's and TE's to hear footsteps and fail to extend their upper arms does. It's an intangible that can't be tracked via stat's. I'd venture to say there is no other SS in the league today that brings that.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1oe2r4k3 said:
Kam is maybe the 5th or 6th most important player on defense, IMO. I'm glad Schneider is so far holding firm.

You could argue that he's not #1, but I think you have him far too low. Davis Hsu pointed out Kam's importance/consistency in big games and I have to agree. Think of the impact he has had in important games. Arguably the real MVP of Super Bowl 48. Put the Carolina game away with his INT. Set the tone against our big battles with the 49ers. The 49ers players were talking about him on the sidelines.

He has probably been our most consistent Defensive player in the Playoffs and other important games. The Defense follows Kam, and opposing Offenses fear him.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3hwzjgqc said:
Hawkfan77":3hwzjgqc said:

You could argue that he's not #1, but I think you have him far too low. Davis Hsu pointed out Kam's importance/consistency in big games and I have to agree. Think of the impact he has had in important games. Arguably the real MVP of Super Bowl 48. Put the Carolina game away with his INT. Set the tone against our big battles with the 49ers. The 49ers players were talking about him on the sidelines.

He has probably been our most consistent Defensive player in the Playoffs and other important games. The Defense follows Kam, and opposing Offenses fear him.

He stands out. Can't remember which one of our players said this, but at the latest Giants game one of the Giants player came up to him and said "that's a grown man out there!"

He is the one thing that stands out if I had to chose.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I have faith that the FO will figure something out to keep the core players together. Kam is a core player to this defense, there is no one who can replace him as of now. We are just an injury away from wanting him more than not dealing with his hold out. I know Kam has no right to ask for more, but as a business decision they will make something happen in my opinion. Otherwise it is a lose lose situation for both parties and Kam being so genuine, it is hard to get him to come back without negotiating something out. That is purely my opinion and as an organization they will do what it takes to win games.

chris98251

Reaction score
Be glad when this is settled and everyone pissed at him can come back and jock hug him again like Wilson.

Jock hug with Seals.

chest-bumping-seals1.jpg

Overseasfan

Reaction score
At this point it's starting to look like Kam has two choices. Show up or get out. I really like the guy both on and off the field but you can't go around pulling this shit. He might deserve a bit more mney but it's not like he's criminally underpaid, he has a pretty solid contract. He's only our third best DB, you're not paying someone like that even more money.

keasley45

Reaction score
Just saw an 'official' report on NFL Network that the Pittsburgh Steelers have contacted the 'Hawks about a trade for Kam...
Talk about insult to injury if that were to actually materialize.

Still hopeful that this is just part of JS's due diligence; just trying to understand what options exist more than a real desire to move him at this point. Or, that they are trying to scare Kam a bit and get him to come to his senses... pretty high stakes poker.

But the Steelers? Really? I undertand not moving him within the conference, but ...

massari

Reaction score
TwilightError":1p7qf0gd said:
Anything less than a first rounder is an insult.

They have Kam under contract for 3 more years. If they can't get AT LEAST a 1st rounder rite now, there's no rush to deal him until someone is willing to give up something worth while.

But I just can't see a player sitting out and losing money. Kam will cave eventually.

seabowl

Reaction score
TwilightError":x2ot68f2 said:
Anything less than a first rounder is an insult.

I wouldn't want anything less than a 1st AND 2nd. He is a pro bowl player entering his prime. Even with high picks you can't guarantee anything. By getting Kam you as a team know what you have and its again a pro bowler who is a leader.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3r4i7xkp said:
Hawkfan77":3r4i7xkp said:

Bennett, Mebane, Avril, Hill, Rubin, King, Irvin, Wright, Wagner, KPL, Sherman, D. Bailey, D. Dobbs, C. Willams, ET.....Terrell.....Burley??

Wagner, Earl and Possibly Sherman are the only guys on our D that I'd put above him. Not surprisingly, those are our all-pros. Oh, wait! Kam is all-pro as well. You may be experiencing denial because you are angry with him, but he is much better than the 6th most important person on our D. He is completely well rounded, and brings an intangible that the great SS's of old used to bring...intimidation. You can't undervalue what instilling fear that causes WR's and TE's to hear footsteps and fail to extend their upper arms does. It's an intangible that can't be tracked via stat's. I'd venture to say there is no other SS in the league today that brings that.
Earl, Sherman, Wagner, Bennett, Kam. Ok 5th IMO. Those four guys mean more to our D than Kam does and I think the defense would feel their loss before it felt Kam's.

I'm not in denial about anything. I'm just not being overly emotional about a player that doesn't want to be here. I never said Kam wasn't a great player. He's the SS in football and a top safety period. But we have guys at his level or higher littered among the defense which makes it palatable to not cave.

Perspective

McGruff

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2ws8932j said:
HawKnPeppa":2ws8932j said:
Hawkfan77":2ws8932j said:

Earl, Sherman, Wagner, Bennett, Kam. Ok 5th IMO. Those four guys mean more to our D than Kam does and I think the defense would feel their loss before it felt Kam's.

I'm not in denial about anything. I'm just not being overly emotional about a player that doesn't want to be here. I never said Kam wasn't a great player. He's the SS in football and a top safety period. But we have guys at his level or higher littered among the defense which makes it palatable to not cave.

Perspective

I would put Wagner first and Earl and Kam tied for 2nd. As a locker room leader, on field intimidation and key cog in our scheme, Kam is as it always as they come.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
keasley45":nixy5um8 said:
Just saw an 'official' report on NFL Network that the Pittsburgh Steelers have contacted the 'Hawks about a trade for Kam...
Talk about insult to injury if that were to actually materialize.

Still hopeful that this is just part of JS's due diligence; just trying to understand what options exist more than a real desire to move him at this point. Or, that they are trying to scare Kam a bit and get him to come to his senses... pretty high stakes poker.

But the Steelers? Really? I undertand not moving him within the conference, but ...

Contact =/= interest

I'm sure all 31 teams would love Kam, that doesn't mean it will happen

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Curious on what the end game is gonna be. Hawks clearly aren't gonna budge money wise, and chancellor has backed himself into the corner.

Is Chancellor as good as gone? Only way he comes back is if he's cool in being embarrassed in defeat.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
akscoundrel":ph24sm74 said:
Curious on what the end game is gonna be. Hawks clearly aren't gonna budge money wise, and chancellor has backed himself into the corner.

Is Chancellor as good as gone? Only way he comes back is if he's cool in being embarrassed in defeat.
No, he's not good as gone. I think it's a waiting game. When Kam decides that missing game checks is too painful he'll be back. If he is stubborn enough to sit out games or the year, he is only hurting his own financial present and future.

Exittium

Reaction score
Seems to me, well in my opinion the Hawks have inched closer to him with a few different options moneywise and, each time he's turned the otherway. 1st it was what not fining him? Then it was more guaranteed from somewhere? Now its reduced fines and more guaranteed on top of an additional year? They Hawks have done more then they've needed to. Its Kam who's not budging, and I'm really curious to know what exactly going on between the two. I don't think things are "peachy" or anything, something happened at some point to piss Kam off either between him and the team or another player, I think he's trying to force a trade maybe at this point.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":34do4ufl said:
akscoundrel":34do4ufl said:

No, he's not good as gone. I think it's a waiting game. When Kam decides that missing game checks is too painful he'll be back. If he is stubborn enough to sit out games or the year, he is only hurting his own financial present and future.

Exactly. At this point it's hard to believe that some sort of carrot wasn't offered by JS and Co and so Kam is just deciding whether he wants to play and get paid or not. I don't believe a trade will happen because Kam is a transformative player on defense and the price is too high for other teams.

Sometimes people overestimate their position in business, haha, it happens.