Rumor - Matt Flynn trade imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Hawknballs":pbexakdx said:
flynn to the raiders, raiders also draft geno smith, smith the rookie beats out flynn for the job. rinse, repeat.

I would feel so bad for Flynn lol

dsquid

Reaction score
Trading Flynn for a 4th or worse makes no sense whatsoever. This would make the team weaker immediately. A team with legit SB aspirations and a rock solid
QB situation trades away security for a late round pick...? I don't see it.

Got to be at LEAST a 3rd...and I see some sort of escalator based on performance as mandatory.

Rat

Reaction score
Throwdown":6p0dyh06 said:
I'll say we got a 3rd because I firmly believe Schneider is a genius.
Schneider has made a lot of great moves, but I can't recall where he got amazing value for a player. Most of his player trades were perceived as being sub-par value, but turned out OK (Josh Wilson, Rob Sims, Seneca Wallace, Lawrence Jackson, etc), mostly because of how well he did replacing those players.

hai

Reaction score
Dbfresh ‏@DougBaldwinJr 1m

Wishing Flynn the best on his endeavors in Oakland. Sad to see a friend leave, but excited for his opportunity. Great QB, even better man.

pinksheets

Reaction score
dsquid":f3sera58 said:
Trading Flynn for a 4th or worse makes no sense whatsoever. This would make the team weaker immediately. A team with legit SB aspirations and a rock solid

Got to be at LEAST a 3rd...and I see some sort of escalator based on performance as mandatory.
I don't see how Matt Flynn provides security for SB aspirations. We can find a backup who can come in and win a couple games if need be with these weapons and this defense for cheaper, and there's nothing to suggest Flynn can take us to the promised land if Wilson were out indefinitely. He's just a guy.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
dsquid":3vy7agcx said:

Think about it this way: With the cash saved, Schneider can lock up Kam and maybe even sign another guy (Branch? Abraham?). He can also find a backup QB that better fits the offense.

This also saves about 9M next year if I recall correctly, so he would be making this team better now and in the future.

Rat":3vy7agcx said:
Throwdown":3vy7agcx said:
Schneider has made a lot of great moves, but I can't recall where he got amazing value for a player. Most of his player trades were perceived as being sub-par value, but turned out OK (Josh Wilson, Rob Sims, Seneca Wallace, Lawrence Jackson, etc), mostly because of how well he did replacing those players.

Trading Darryl Tapp for Clem and a draft pick would be the biggest example of Schneider getting "amazing value." Maybe the only one?

Floridahawk79

Reaction score
pinksheets":3cgbg7zf said:
dsquid":3cgbg7zf said:

I don't see how Matt Flynn provides security for SB aspirations. We can find a backup who can come in and win a couple games if need be with these weapons and this defense for cheaper, and there's nothing to suggest Flynn can take us to the promised land if Wilson were out indefinitely. He's just a guy.

He won a coin flip for us.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Rat":2vk0ioqd said:
Throwdown":2vk0ioqd said:

The man turned Aaron Curry into 2 picks, I didn't think that was even remotely possible to trade him let alone pull TWO draft picks.

Sac

Reaction score
Rat":2gvhbo3l said:
Throwdown":2gvhbo3l said:

Seriously? We sent Tapp to Philly for Clem and a pick that turned into Sherm!

dsquid

Reaction score
pinksheets":39jyj8tc said:
dsquid":39jyj8tc said:
Trading Flynn for a 4th or worse makes no sense whatsoever. This would make the team weaker immediately. A team with legit SB aspirations and a rock solid QB situation trades away security for a late round pick...? I don't see it.

Flynn is one of the top backups in the game, and he knows our team and our offense. The backup market has been picked clean. Name me 3 guys available as free agents right now you'd rather have than Flynn. Please be specific.

dsquid

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1772oebl said:
dsquid":1772oebl said:

Think about it this way: With the cash saved, Schneider can lock up Kam and maybe even sign another guy (Branch? Abraham?). He can also find a backup QB that better fits the offense.

We already have enough money to resign Kam. You don't needlessly weaken a team with SB potential. Unless the deal blows our socks off (and fixes the now GAPING hole at backup QB) you don't make this move.

GCrow

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2gqrox7n said:
I predict we come away with Oakland's 2nd.

One way or another.

2014 possibly?

The Bengals already have their 2nd this year from "the greatest trade in football" in Hue Jackson's words.
Jesus I would seriously pull my hair out if i were a Raider fan

Hawknballs

Reaction score
just FYI oakland doesn't have a 2nd round pick this year.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm banking on a 3rd. Would be nice.

Seriously, the Raiders are our best friends these days. They keep taking our players and we've taken a couple of theirs. (Not recently, though.)

Throwdown

Reaction score
dsquid":3c0tj8ns said:
Smelly McUgly":3c0tj8ns said:
dsquid":3c0tj8ns said:

We already have enough money to resign Kam. You don't needlessly weaken a team with SB potential. Unless the deal blows our socks off (and fixes the now GAPING hole at backup QB) you don't make this move.

Maybe Flynn asked for the trade, but never made a big deal out of it by going to the media?

We don't know if Flynn is as good as some here would want to believe, lets not play ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.