Listless in Seattle … was Matt Flynn a Malcontent Last Year?

sutz

Reaction score
"Not being happy" that he didn't win the starting job does not automatically equate to "malcontent" to me. There seems to be a lot of justification going on to support people's opinion of Flynn here. If he was really undermining the team, this is the first public "evidence" of it. I put that in quotes because it sounds about 90% opinion to me.
:229031_shrug:

As to Russell's in-game demeanor, that could be nothing more than his intensity. He probably has that "Yeah, thanks for the props, let's prep for the next drive" attitude. Not to mention that he seems like the kind of guy that doesn't need or want a lot of personal propping up and encouragement. He's all about the team, not his own stats.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
sutz":3dcbu2s8 said:
"Not being happy" that he didn't win the starting job does not automatically equate to "malcontent" to me.

Dictionary.com":3dcbu2s8 said:
mal·con·tent [mal-kuhn-tent] Show IPA
adjective
not satisfied or content with currently prevailing conditions or circumstances.

Given the above definition, saying Flynn was malcontent last year, IS just a fancier way of saying he was unhappy about not winning the starting job.

It doesn't mean he was causing problems or anything like that.

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Just some food for thought in regards to this discussion ... if you are one of those thinking that some of the opinions being shared here are way off, go tune in to 710 ESPN right now and listen to the opening conversation. Dave Wyman characterized the situation/relationship between Wilson and Flynn as "as bad as any in the NFL" last year. Even the ever positive Warren Moon just admitted that Flynn didn't help out Wilson really at all. The guys have basically said that Flynn was unhappy and how much that affected things last year. Tune in to the 3pm podcast later in case you missed it.

All of that just to say that things just weren't going to work out for Flynn here in Seattle. Again, I hold no ill will towards him (I completely understand) and wish him all the best of luck in Oakland.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Folks keep wishing Flynn the best of luck because he might need it. Oakland looks to sign Vince Young to their roster after a rather impressive workout. That lingering black cloud over Flynn's head may bring on some precipitation AND IT MIGHT NOT BE RAIN. I hope the pouty bottom lip doesn't catch too much of that stuff falling on him. Poor guy.

drdiags

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3nv0kurn said:
Just some food for thought in regards to this discussion ... if you are one of those thinking that some of the opinions being shared here are way off, go tune in to 710 ESPN right now and listen to the opening conversation. Dave Wyman characterized the situation/relationship between Wilson and Flynn as "as bad as any in the NFL" last year. Even the ever positive Warren Moon just admitted that Flynn didn't help out Wilson really at all. The guys have basically said that Flynn was unhappy and how much that affected things last year. Tune in to the 3pm podcast later in case you missed it.

Here is the link:

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=577&a=9954736