Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2f99dm2s said:
This changes nothing. Its Pete's defense.

I'm not totally sure. I still remember 2010 when Pete was chewing Bradley out during those games. Bradley has a lot of control, and there are times when Pete might not agree with those decisions. It's also a remote possibility that Seattle's creative blitzes were drawn up by Bradley and not Carroll. I'm actually very curious to see how the defense changes if Bradley leaves.

CANHawk":2f99dm2s said:
Nope, my money's on bringing back former D line coach Dan Quinn if Gus leaves town.

Upgrade potential.

pehawk

Reaction score
Trestman being OC would cause me to climax.

kearly

Reaction score
You gotta love how teams are interviewing a CFL coach at this point for a head coach job in the NFL.

White Devil

Reaction score
It's Pete's Defense. If Gus leaves he will promote Ken Norton...the torch will be passed and Ken will do a fine job.

pehawk

Reaction score
Gus CALLS the defensive plays. So, it'll be impactful, dont kid yourself.

piston bully

Reaction score
How about ken wisenhunt.He has always been known for good D.Also looking for a job.

Axx

Reaction score
White Devil":27xkieuo said:
It's Pete's Defense. If Gus leaves he will promote Ken Norton...the torch will be passed and Ken will do a fine job.

What about promoting Tim Lewis and then he gets his guys play man coverage every single down?

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Nothing else said about the Seahawks was more incongruent with what I was seeing with my eyes than they have an elite defense. Sherman is elite. Browner is good. Earl Thomas is close to being elite. Chancellor is very good. Bobby Wagner has great potential. Red Bryant can occasionally have amazing plays. But elite? Not even close. The run defense was crap most of the season and that's what everyone was taking a out before the season.

Minimal pass rush, save a few nice little streaks here and there. I wonder I'd Irvin might be a bust, but I don't think so yet.

A change at DC doesn't bother me.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":vrvguigp said:
You gotta love how teams are interviewing a CFL coach at this point for a head coach job in the NFL.
IIRC, Trestman is kind of infatuated with Wilson. Was at NC State when Wilson started, and is reported to have said he knew WIlson would play in the NFL when he sat in the 18 year old kid's living room.

I would be doing friggin cartwheels.

pinksheets

Reaction score
The Eagles' interview with Bruce Arians got cancelled, not sure by which side. Could mean something.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If true, Bradley needs to bone up on his being a dick skills. He has had it too easy here in Seattle with the media, that Philly crew will hit him with more hard questions in his first interview than he got the whole time in Seattle.

I can see it. First question. "WTF, Bradley. Why that soft ass zone against the Falcons? Can we expect that crap here? You ever been hit in the dead with a D-cell?"

CHawks4L

Reaction score
Lovie is a cover 2 guy and we never run cover 2... can't see the fit.

Ryan has a HUGE ego, not sure I can see him fitting into the synergy of our staff and if he joined, I'd take bets on over/under number of weeks before Cable and Ryan square off. Plus, didn't he sign with the Rams?

Too bad Kiffin signed with the Cowboys, he'd surely fit. Quinn is a good fit and so would Norton... I'd like another low key addition, no big splash.

lukerguy

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":6nvryti3 said:
Nothing else said about the Seahawks was more incongruent with what I was seeing with my eyes than they have an elite defense. Sherman is elite. Browner is good. Earl Thomas is close to being elite. Chancellor is very good. Bobby Wagner has great potential. Red Bryant can occasionally have amazing plays. But elite? Not even close. The run defense was crap most of the season and that's what everyone was taking a out before the season.

Minimal pass rush, save a few nice little streaks here and there. I wonder I'd Irvin might be a bust, but I don't think so yet.

A change at DC doesn't bother me.

This is honestly truth. If we actually had an elite D, no one all year would score more than 14 points on us at home- NO ONE. CL gives our D such a huge advantage. The true test of our team is where we ranked more so on the road...I feel like we are about the 10th best D overall which is heightened to top 2 when we're at home because of what the 12th man does to opposing offenses.

We allowed 18.75 points per game on the road against a far softer schedule as opposed to 11.875 at home with the likes of (GB, Dal, NE)...If we could actually get to a spot where we were elite on D, no one would have a chance at home..ever

CHawks4L

Reaction score
I just read up on Pepper Johnson, DL coach for the Patriots. He's another motivator, which you can never have enough. The pats run 3-4/4-3 pretty much do as good as they can with lower drafted players. He might work well as he can coach up the DL, and take mentoring from Pete...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
CHawks4L":1lm8ydok said:
I just read up on Pepper Johnson, DL coach for the Patriots. He's another motivator, which you can never have enough. The pats run 3-4/4-3 pretty much do as good as they can with lower drafted players. He might work well as he can coach up the DL, and take mentoring from Pete...

You crazy, lower drafted players. Most of that Pats D is 3rd round and up, with a healthy dose of first rounders.

CHawks4L

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1a7bshpc said:
CHawks4L":1a7bshpc said:

You crazy, lower drafted players. Most of that Pats D is 3rd round and up, with a healthy dose of first rounders.

I didn't look, but suppose you are correct. I guess they skimp at LB and DB a bit... It always seems they are pulling someone out of the cracks though, but in retrospect, they are fewer and short lived.

razgriz737

Reaction score
ARGH, I don't know if this deserves its own thread or if it goes in this one, or what, but BREAKING (I think) news from Chris Mortensen:

"Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell is scheduled for a 2nd interview with the Bears on Tuesday."

If someone deems this thread-worthy go ahead and make one.

EDIT: Screw it, I'll make one. Nobody lives forever!

HansGruber

Reaction score
I hope Gus Bradley is gone.

Way too many games lost in the last seconds by other teams making comebacks against our soft zones. Yet, we have the best man cover corners in the game. Why no press?

I think the Seahawks would improve if Bradley left and I've thought so for a while.