Carroll will continue to be HC until new ownership

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Come on, dot net, there’s no good reason for Jody Allen, to fire Carroll, knowing she has to sell the team soon anyways.

Why have a change of coach only to have to sell the team?

Nobody wants to be head coach under Jody Allen knowing when the sale of the team, new ownership will appoint a new front office anyways.

Forget these “Fire Carroll” threads cause it’s not happening. We all know this.

The thought is quite entertaining to ponder—BUT, the Seahawks will NOT get a new front office including HC until the team is sold.

And this is probably not going to happen until 2027 or so. At the very earliest. Maybe.

ccla

Reaction score
Come on, dot net, there’s no good reason for Jody Allen, to fire Carroll, knowing she has to sell the team soon anyways.

Nobody wants to be head coach under Jody Allen knowing when the sale of the team, new ownership will appoint a new front office anyways.

The thought is quite entertaining to ponder—BUT, the Seahawks will NOT get a new front office including HC until the team is sold.

And this is probably not going to happen until 2027 or so. At the very earliest. Maybe.
That’s the sad truth.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
If you prefer comfort and predictability then Pete is your man. He's the Big Mac, Bud Light of NFL coaches.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score

Well don't forget, the new Owners will probably want to move the team somewhere back east too. Pretty inevitable really...

I know the NFL would love to get rid of Seattle on it's schedule.

ccla

Reaction score
The only thing that fans can do is stop attending games and stop buying merchandise. Yeah, that is going to happen! Paper bags? Noah, that is not too classy but extreme measures?

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
The only thing that fans can do is stop attending games and stop buying merchandise. Yeah, that is going to happen! Paper bags? Noah, that is not too classy but extreme measures?
Well, once they've moved to Oakland, or Oklahoma City, or wherever the new owners take them, NO PROBLEM!

ccla

Reaction score
Well, once they've moved to Oakland, or Oklahoma City, or wherever the new owners take them, NO PROBLEM!
Heck I hope not!!! Was not one of the clauses that Allen put in to keep them in WA, or is that wishful thinking?

Chapow

Reaction score
Well don't forget, the new Owners will probably want to move the team somewhere back east too. Pretty inevitable really...

I know the NFL would love to get rid of Seattle on it's schedule.

The Seattle Tacoma area is the 12th largest DMA (designated market area, or in simple terms, TV market) in the country. The NFL is a business and it's #1 priority is making money. I'm sorry, I'm really not trying to be insulting here, but you're incredibly ignorant if you genuinely believe that the NFL doesn't absolutely want a team in the 12th largest TV market in the country.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The Seattle Tacoma area is the 12th largest DMA (designated market area, or in simple terms, TV market) in the country. The NFL is a business and it's #1 priority is making money. I'm sorry, I'm really not trying to be insulting here, but you're incredibly ignorant if you genuinely believe that the NFL doesn't absolutely want a team in the 12th largest TV market in the country.
Why don't we have an NBA team then?
Why did we just get an NHL team a couple years ago?

Why did it take L.A. so long to get a team back?

It wouldn't surprise me if the Seahawks moved. It would be heartbreaking and devastating but if it can happen to St Louis it can happen to us.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just EXTREMELY bummed. Thought we had a slim chance this year, now I don't.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score

It wouldn't surprise me if the Seahawks moved. It would be heartbreaking and devastating but if it can happen to St Louis it can happen to us.
Yeah especially if some shit **** like Elon Musk buys the team. He might move it, just to be a dick. That guy is a dick, a total jackass...

If I were a lot braver... Such a punchable face, but a guy that rich would just have me erased...

I could totally see him at the press conference, saying "Seattle is just too woke"...

Chapow

Reaction score

It's a complicated situation and I'm really not interested in taking the time to get into it.

Because we didn't have an adequate venue for an NHL team until a couple years ago. Also, why do you think we got an NHL team? Because of the size of the TV market.

Why did the NFL move not 1, but 2 teams to LA?

I don't think it's impossible, but I do think it's incredibly unlikely because it just doesn't make much sense, from a business perspective, for the NFL to abandon the 12th largest TV market in the country.

What reason do you have to believe that the NFL doesn't want a team in Seattle? I genuinely can't think of any logical reason they wouldn't want a team here. The Seahawks are the only team in a huge area of the country. The St. Louis situation was very different.