Rumor Alert: Bradley will be new Eagles HC.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Coxal":336tmv7v said:
Doug Baldwin just tweeted this :

"Gus Bradley would make an amazing head coach. His half time speech on Sunday to the defense was inspiring to us all. I wish him success!"

Sure Bradley was not as awesome as some DC in this league in term of plays calling but we were not in the locker-room and at VMAC during this season. We do not now is psychological impact and is relation with our players...

I'm not worried about replacing Gus, especially with a guy like PC as HC but I'm just sayin it's never a good news when a coach is leaving a team who is working well with him.

Please Pete, be smart during this offseason, as focused on coaching staff as you'll be on our draft board.

I agree with you on this. Which is why I believe that the DC will be someone the players trust and respect. It will be another example to them that if you work hard and produce results with this organization, you will be rewarded.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
That was a nice article on Bradley...almost makes you want to keep him here. Almost.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'll go on record as saying I'd like to keep Gus as DC. The players love him and play as a team under him, all the while getting younger over the last couple years AND dramatically improving.

Have they been perfect? No. But they've been heading in the right direction. I think one more year of offseason player acquisitions would set this defense up to be something really special and having a coordinator who already knows his players weakness and strengths helps keep this team moving forward.

drdiags

Reaction score
Saw this tweet from 2 hrs ago. Kevin is a former NFL player currently doing broadcast for SDSU. Take it as you will

Kevin O'Connell ‏@KevOC7

Candidates are also being told Seattle DC Gus Bradley has accepted the Philly Eagles job as well. 2nd interview turned into contract talk

Now how does that jibe with the reports the he and Bevell both are interviewing tomorrow for Jacksonville? Not sure. I have seen a couple of these false reports in the past few weeks so until the team announces it, just more fodder for the heap.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Mandu":3u8p36jl said:
Eagles fans are growing a woody over the prospect. They're following his flight to the Philly area as we speak.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/to ... ight-info/

I was reading the comments on their SB nation blog, and it was similar. Apparently Bradley scouted and drafted our entire secondary, single handedly turned Clemons into a pro-bowl caliber player, invented the current Seahawks defensive scheme, can easily find all-pro cornerbacks in the sixth and seventh round, and could create a top 5 defense using only third string players from a community college cricket team.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Trrrroy":30i1r018 said:
Mandu":30i1r018 said:
Eagles fans are growing a woody over the prospect. They're following his flight to the Philly area as we speak.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/to ... ight-info/

I was reading the comments on their SB nation blog, and it was similar. Apparently Bradley scouted and drafted our entire secondary, single handedly turned Clemons into a pro-bowl caliber player, invented the current Seahawks defensive scheme, can easily find all-pro cornerbacks in the sixth and seventh round, and could create a top 5 defense using only third string players from a community college cricket team.

Lol. Is that really what they think?

I don't think we will miss him at all (not saying that means he will not be a good HC). We have plenty from within that can keep the message strong. Norton or Richards comes to mind. Either way, I think we all know Pete (with help from JS) is the mastermind of the D as it is today.

lukerguy

Reaction score
We can continue to have turn over at coordinator..as long as we have Pete and JS, we'll be just fine.

NYCoug

Reaction score
lukerguy":16wvibfr said:
We can continue to have turn over at coordinator..as long as we have Pete and JS, we'll be just fine.

Even John Schneider agrees with you and said as much today during his interview on Sirius. As long as Pete is around, this team can withstand coaches wanting to explore better opportunities in their coaching career.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
One thing Bradley could do well was teach and with a young team that is a valuable asset, we plugged in how many young guys on defense and had them producing well, many teams would kill for that.

CANHawk

Reaction score
We'll just get Dan Quinn. People probably won't even notice that he's not Gus...
2013031682.jpg
dan-quinn-pic.jpg

Hell, people will still think Todd Wash is the DC...

120718-wash-480.jpg

HAIR!? We don't need no goddamn HAIR! Hair is meant for goatees ONLY!

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":34fbii6n said:
Trrrroy":34fbii6n said:

Lol. Is that really what they think?

I don't think we will miss him at all (not saying that means he will not be a good HC). We have plenty from within that can keep the message strong. Norton or Richards comes to mind. Either way, I think we all know Pete (with help from JS) is the mastermind of the D as it is today.

It's not far off from what they think based on their comments. Here's a few:

A reply to a poster asking if Bradley, Lovie Smith and Kiffin all run the same scheme:
All three incorporate the Tampa 2 scheme in some way, although Bradley has made his own hybrid spin on the scheme.
Yeah, Bradley made the hybrid spin, Carroll had nothing to do with it. :roll:

Regarding who they should take in the draft:
Damontre Moore or Star Lotulelei Should be targeted at #4 if Gus is hired. Jarvis Jones would be perfect if not for the neck problem. We also need bigger DBs all around, but he’s been able to find those in latter rounds.
Apparently they think Bradley is in charge of our drafts.

Regarding their overrated corners:
He’d figure out a way to make Nhamdi or Cromartie to there potential, both are above average size corners
That one gave me a chuckle.

And that was only a few minutes of looking. Fortunately, more educated fans chimed in for all but one of those.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I agree they should have pressed instead of soft zone blitz, but I put the loss more on personnel on the field than the calls themselves. I don't think those calls define Bradley. He's had more good games than bad. Keeping Brady from coming back, keeping Rodgers from scoring too many points, making Kaepernick look bad, etc etc. We were the top scoring Defense in the league this season

That final drive, they started with good field position, thanks to Fed Ex field injuring our kicker. Then Winston Guy was late on the Blitz. Trufant couldnt' get home on the second blitz. Wagner was unable to cover Gonzales. The rest is history.

More details on that drive here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... vs-falcons

It's easy to blame the coordinators but you have to look at their overall body of work and Bradley is not as bad we make it seem. In most cases, it comes down to execution and personnel. I think he can learn from the mistakes but overall he's a good coach and would rather retain him unless someone else much better comes along.

Jville

Reaction score
hoxrox":2poagt0g said:
I agree they should have pressed instead of soft zone blitz, but I put the loss more on personnel on the field than the calls themselves. I don't think those calls define Bradley. He's had more good games than bad. Keeping Brady from coming back, keeping Rodgers from scoring too many points, making Kaepernick look bad, etc etc. We were the top scoring Defense in the league this season

That final drive, they started with good field position, thanks to Fed Ex field injuring our kicker. Then Winston Guy was late on the Blitz. Trufant couldnt' get home on the second blitz. Wagner was unable to cover Gonzales. The rest is history.

More details on that drive here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... vs-falcons

It's easy to blame the coordinators but you have to look at their overall body of work and Bradley is not as bad we make it seem. In most cases, it comes down to execution and personnel. I think he can learn from the mistakes but overall he's a good coach and would rather retain him unless someone else much better comes along.

I'm surprised Winston Guy isn't attracting criticism. He began the season as a central character in the early Arizona loss. He appeared in 4 games that produced 3 losses ..... and he had a hand in all those losses.

I sure hope Guy finds a way to contribute between now and opening day 2013. His rookie year was ugly.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Jville":ot0ivppx said:
hoxrox":ot0ivppx said:

I'm surprised Winston Guy isn't attracting criticism. He began the season as a central character in the early Arizona loss. He appeared in 4 games that produced 3 losses ..... and he had a hand in all those losses.

I sure hope Guy finds a way to contribute between now and opening day 2013. His rookie year was ugly.

I agree Guy played terrible. It seemed that on almost every big 1st down catch, Guy was the guy who got beat. I noticed because I saw the dreads and was surprised Sherman was getting beat so bad. Then I realized it was #27.

Where was Jeron Johnson? He seemed to play great all year, and then in the playoff game he is replaced by Guy, who has been out most of the year? I did not understand that at all.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2y3mzgxw said:
Anytime you have success you don't want to rock the continuity boat. But I don't think the Hawks are a "system" team (like the Patriots) where losing coordinators or head coaches would spell the end of what makes the team successful.

The main reason the Hawks succeeded this year is talent, on both sides of the ball. Any coordinator would pull a hamstring wanting to come coach this young talented defense or offense. I really don't think we'd skip a beat on either side of the ball if Bevell and/or Bradley left.

I agree and disagree. IMO losing Bevell would be bad for the growth of this offense. Because then we'd have RW having to learn a NEW offense for the 3rd year in a row (including college).

What I don't quite understand is why doesn't coaches hire a coach and make the coach learn their current verbiage instead of having the entire team learn a whole new "language." Meaning I'd like to see us keep the same verbiage and framework and bring in someone who can expand or add his style to the current system, as opposed to just learning an entire new system from scratch.

kujohawk

Reaction score
I guess I would like to keep both coaches but you can't really blame them if they get a chance to move up to bigger and better things. I just hope that if we get a new guy he can be plugged into us rather than start over from scratch. We are definitely not in scratch mode we just need a few pieces and we are looking pretty good. I like the idea of our own guys moving up on defense and make the new coach be under them. I guess we'll see.