Robert Quinn - 18 Sacks

Vetamur

Reaction score
Break down the sacks though.. 18 total.. 13 came in 8 home games.. better than a sack and half a game. In 7 road games.. 5 sacks. Less than a sack a game. Think hes a bit reliant on that fast turf and the bit of disruption caused by their crowd..murmer?

Erebus

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":2jt991li said:
I wouldn't mind seeing Quinn break the record with a 5 sack performance . He has beasted all season and if he can get 5 sacks then it would be well deserved ... All under the circumstances of a Seahawks win of course.

I would very much mind that. It would put Russell in increased danger of being injured, and would guarantee Quinn wins DPOY, which I'm hoping goes to Thomas or Sherman.

Jville

Reaction score
They didn't the last time these two teams played.

A few statistical notes from the first Rams/Seahawk meeting in Saint Louis earlier this year in week 8. Note the similarities to the Arizona stats of last Sunday.

Six of the Seahawks’ 11 possessions resulted in three-and-outs.

Marshawn Lynch, who entered the weekend as the second-leading rusher in the NFL, carried the ball only eight times for 23 yards – both season lows.

The Seahawks entered the game allowing an average of 91.6 rushing yards, while the Rams were averaging 70.6. The Rams rushed for 200 yards.

The Rams sacked Wilson a season-high seven times, including three each by Robert Quinn and Chris Long.

The Rams held huge advantages in plays (71-40), total yards (339-135), rushing yards (200-44), first downs (23-7) and time of possession (38:09-21:51).
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Game-at-a-glance-Seahawks-14-Rams-9/18897ec5-4d1a-4139-b6e9-7a0c63f696f5[/urltargetblank]

jdblack

Reaction score
Shock2k":qscojbk1 said:
chet380":qscojbk1 said:
Five sacks in his last two games - the top priority has to be to shut this guy down.

Their next best is Chris Long with 7.5

Quinn/Long remind me a lot of 9ers Justin/Aldon Smith. They both feed each other opportunities. Hope our run game picks up, or it's going to be a long day.

Isn't Long out for the season?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Maybe Bevell could run some screens and quick slants to offset the pass rush?
Naw, he's gotta keep going with those 5 and 7 step drops and long bombs and do so all game long.
:sarcasm_off:

Austin11

Reaction score
Jville":1ny3us7u said:
They didn't the last time these two teams played.

A few statistical notes from the first Rams/Seahawk meeting in Saint Louis earlier this year in week 8. Note the similarities to the Arizona stats of last Sunday.

Six of the Seahawks’ 11 possessions resulted in three-and-outs.

Marshawn Lynch, who entered the weekend as the second-leading rusher in the NFL, carried the ball only eight times for 23 yards – both season lows.

The Seahawks entered the game allowing an average of 91.6 rushing yards, while the Rams were averaging 70.6. The Rams rushed for 200 yards.

The Rams sacked Wilson a season-high seven times, including three each by Robert Quinn and Chris Long.

The Rams held huge advantages in plays (71-40), total yards (339-135), rushing yards (200-44), first downs (23-7) and time of possession (38:09-21:51).
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Game-at-a-glance-Seahawks-14-Rams-9/18897ec5-4d1a-4139-b6e9-7a0c63f696f5[/urltargetblank]

Yea, and we still lost. Dominated in every aspect and couldn't call the right play at the end. Was ridiculous. I doubt the stats are swayed that much in the Rams favor this game. I look for it to be close, but if you look at the stats above, you would think they would've won by 14-17 points... but lost. I say Quinn gets two sacks to get to 20. He's only like 23 years old too. And with first or second pick in the draft, can you say Jadeveon Clowney? Could you imagine adding him to that D- line?? Whoop Whoop!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Vetamur":zx8hrwv3 said:
Break down the sacks though.. 18 total.. 13 came in 8 home games.. better than a sack and half a game. In 7 road games.. 5 sacks. Less than a sack a game. Think hes a bit reliant on that fast turf and the bit of disruption caused by their crowd..murmer?
Solid points, true, but Quinn had a good game at the C-Link last year.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Vetamur":2qiw5vln said:

Somehow that's not very re-assuring. Our playing surface is just like that of the Rams.

Last month, the Rams stacked 8 in the box and took away our running game, and I suspect that we'll see more of the same this Sunday. Russell is going to have to take advantage of any opportunity to hit on a big play and force them out of their man coverage. What we need is a big play WR that they can't cover man-to-man.

Comeinpeace

Reaction score
That 2011 Draft was insane for Dline and Pass rushing LBs. Look at this starting lineup.

DEs : Robert Quinn, Cameron Jordan
DTs : JJ Watt, Nick Fairley
OLBs: Aldon Smith, Von Miller

candyman4881

Reaction score
I think some of you dont remember the last game of the season last year when the Rams sacked Wilson for 6 times (once by Quinn), so in the last 2 games against the Rams, Wilson has been sacked 13 times.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
candyman4881":3s1io29m said:
I think some of you dont remember the last game of the season last year when the Rams sacked Wilson for 6 times (once by Quinn), so in the last 2 games against the Rams, Wilson has been sacked 13 times.
Yeah and Seattle won both of those games.

candyman4881

Reaction score
BAllenHawk":2gj5uzbu said:
candyman4881":2gj5uzbu said:

Yes, Seattle did win both of these games - however, a QB being sacked 6 or 7 times a game is never a good sign, and it took the defense to overcome the lack of offense, especially the game earlier this year in St Louis. Seattle has a pass protection problem, and in the last 3 games, Seattle has been tagged for 10 sacks against Wilson. Not a good trend.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
candyman4881":e7459nz2 said:
BAllenHawk":e7459nz2 said:
candyman4881":e7459nz2 said:

Yes, Seattle did win both of these games - however, a QB being sacked 6 or 7 times a game is never a good sign, and it took the defense to overcome the lack of offense, especially the game earlier this year in St Louis. Seattle has a pass protection problem, and in the last 3 games, Seattle has been tagged for 10 sacks against Wilson. Not a good trend.

pretty much the underlying anxiety that is permeating the board right now. I think any hawks fan would have been quicker to get over the loss last Sunday if we didnt look so poor on offense (see the Colts game).

We've had stretches like this in the past (Tennessee, Houston, Tampa) and overcome them with victories and then turned to dominate the next opponent. Can we do the same after actually losing a game?

I hope so. i think we win regardless, but it will go a long way to making a strong playoff push if we dominate offensively. win ugly and this board will go schizo

kmedic

Reaction score
Screens to his side, and rollouts to the right on third down passing situations. What will really help though is having a meaningful running game that can set up play action. The offensive line and Lynch have to do better this week. PC said in his presser this past week that the total running yardage is the best indicator of how effective the running game is going. If Lynch gets 100+ yards this week, I guarantee we will win.

candyman4881

Reaction score
Uncle Si":dryxiahn said:
candyman4881":dryxiahn said:
BAllenHawk":dryxiahn said:
candyman4881":dryxiahn said:

pretty much the underlying anxiety that is permeating the board right now. I think any hawks fan would have been quicker to get over the loss last Sunday if we didnt look so poor on offense (see the Colts game).

We've had stretches like this in the past (Tennessee, Houston, Tampa) and overcome them with victories and then turned to dominate the next opponent. Can we do the same after actually losing a game?

I hope so. i think we win regardless, but it will go a long way to making a strong playoff push if we dominate offensively. win ugly and this board will go schizo

I will be the first to admit that the Seahawks are a much better team than the Rams and SHOULD be the #1 seed in the NFC - one bad game against a physical divisional opponent does not take away a season of dominance, however I believe you and others should be concerned with the offense and most importantly, the passing game.

Against top defenses in the league, the offense struggles, which can be expected from a lot of offenses, but if the Seahawks want to take the next step to make it to and win a Super Bowl, they will have to go through at least 2 very good/great defenses to get there. The Seahawks will be playing at home for the playoffs (probably), but if I am a Seahawks fan I am not sure if last week was a bad game or if simply a sign that there are real problems on the team.

kmedic

Reaction score
IMO, finishing off with Arizona and St. Louis is actually a blessing in disguise for the Seahawks. Two really, really good defenses that will prepare us for San Francisco or Carolina in the NFCCG. It looks like we'll be facing Philly or NO in the divisional round assuming we beat St. Louis, which will be a much easier feat than beating Carolina or SF. Looks like maybe Carolina in the NFCCG, which will be a dog fight. However, I think these past few weeks have exposed the offensive problems more and given the coaching staff more time and thought on solutions to beating a great defense like Carolina's.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
candyman4881":18f5m5j3 said:
BAllenHawk":18f5m5j3 said:
candyman4881":18f5m5j3 said:

Absolutely, I would say half of those were coverage sacks, Russell holding onto the ball too long and teams playing the PA bootlegs that kill the play there. Not plays I put on the line. The other ones were on the line.

The MNF game earlier should not be taken into consideration, due to this o-line not even close to what that disaster was. I also believe last year's game was took Seattle by suprise by the Rams ability to keep RW in the pocket, and it lead to 6 sacks. IIRC correctly all those sacks came in the first half. Seattle established some rythym in the second half and RW was able to get outside the pocket for some big plays and took that game over.

St. Louis is going to get their sacks, but it's not going to be 7-8. If Seattle comes into this game with a plan to run the ball and attack the short to intermediate zones that are left by linebackers loading up the box, they can exploit some things.

Lets also remember Seattle's defense is better than St. Louis, and Seattle has more talent offensively. Front 7's have been an Achilles heel for this team all year, while missing 2 sometimes 3 starting olineman. They're still 12-3. Lets remember how good this team is, and not overeact so much.