Record in 3 weeks.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2kdptnc9 said:
You would think that people would know that by now. It's ok, the same people assuming doom and gloom will be all jacked up when the Hawks win the division this year.
Screw the division. We'll be jacked when we get in the top two seeds in the NFC. That's how you win the Super Bowl. We can still do it. The top teams in the conf. all have issues (like us, but ours are resolving). We're third right now. You get in the top two, you can G!O!H!A!W!K!S!!!!!!

nategreat

Reaction score
3-0, with blowouts each game. They turn the corner this week. Marker my words.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Well, they are 1-0.

I didn't expect the defense to have as much trouble with the bills. But the offense turned it around.

It sure was nice to see RW have a little mobility. Still not 100% but def better.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
This was the one I had us winning. It was way closer than I liked, which doesn't make the next game on a short week look promising to get the W. The hawks have a way of playing both up and down to the competition though, so maybe they can pull off an upset.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Maybe I'm not doing the math correctly, but wouldn't best case after Bills, Patriots and Eagles have the Hawks at 7-2-1 ?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
johnnyfever":3v517l85 said:
This was the one I had us winning. It was way closer than I liked, which doesn't make the next game on a short week look promising to get the W. The hawks have a way of playing both up and down to the competition though, so maybe they can pull off an upset.

I agree winning @NE is a big task. But let's table that for a second.

You expect a rookie quarterback with a rookie head coach to come into the Clink and beat us? But I guess we can talk about that in another week.

As for NE, I expect a close game. These two traded body blows last time they played in the SuperBowl.

Only diff this time is we don't have a run game to pound with, So I expect our offense to try and recreate what they just did vs the Bills.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2tvswv90 said:
johnnyfever":2tvswv90 said:

You expect a rookie quarterback with a rookie head coach to come into the Clink and beat us? But I guess we can talk about that in another week.

As for NE, I expect a close game. These two traded body blows last time they played in the SuperBowl.

Only diff this time is we don't have a run game to pound with, So I expect our offense to try and recreate what they just did vs the Bills.

and "Tyrod Taylor is not the type of QB to give the Hawks defense fits..."

The Hawks will beat the Eagles though.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":18syntjn said:
johnnyfever":18syntjn said:

The only problem I see with this is Belichick's ability to take away a team's strength. With no running game, we may have no strength in this game

My hope is that we actually get creative--gasp!--spread the ball around (McEvoy?), and see more of Prosise out of the backfield from two-back sets. We'll also have more of a chance if Russ can run a bit and keep the ends and LBers from covering all the short throws that will be necessary.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3fkzwxth said:
johnnyfever":3fkzwxth said:

No, I don't expect them to beat us. After our last loss, we didn't look very good. The defense couldn't get off the field and the offense couldn't stay on it. Wentz isn't playing normal rookie ball. Yes, he does make mistakes here and there, but they are no slouch. I gave this eagles hawks game a 50/50, not a loss or a win.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Seahawks play up and down to the competition.

Eagles will be tough just because they have a good defense. We should win, but I think we'll all be frustrated at "our terrible offense" for most of the game.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":100jcj48 said:
I think we lose all 3. Heck, I will be happy with one win and jumping for joy.
:2thumbs: nice reverse prediction

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I had us losing this game in this thread, but winning in the Aros prediction thread. I'll eat crow here and wash it down with pie in the other. After watching the eagles today, I will improve our chances of winning from 50/50 next week to 65/35 in our favor. Eagles defense looked legit today, pats not so much.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1jx2hyju said:
Hawks46 and Seahawksgal

I respect your opinion, You are both right, our offense has looked really bad the last two weeks.

IF you think that this is the team you're going to see the next 3 weeks, then sure you maybe right. BUT remember back to how good we looked vs the Jets? And the niners? Also, remember how bad you felt last year right after the Arizona game. Probably pretty similar to what you feel right now.

All i'm saying is this team is a second half team, they are hurting a bit, and sounds like they are getting healthier (Kam maybe back, and Russ maybe without the knee brace)

Just don't type things that you will regret in a few weeks.

Where are you two at!!!!!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I was watching the game. I already am eating crow and loving it.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Hawks46":2kx4qy77 said:
gowazzu02":2kx4qy77 said:
First of all, Tyrod Taylor is not the type of QB that gives us fits. The type of QB that "challenges" cause honestly no qb has a end all be all game against us. the the type we struggle more then normal with are the heady, vet that is comfortable and accurate enough and willing to dink and dunk all day long. Brady and Rivers, Brees last week. Tyrod Taylor that is not!

Second, I know this board is crazy emotional, with a heavy lean to just crazy. But really, 0-3? Already counting the NE game as a lost cause??? I will make sure to bump "just" this thread afterwards when we go 3-0. Cause I got my hand slapped last time for creating a specific thread dedicated to calling out the Negative Nancies,

It's not crazy emotional because we see losses on the horizon. So, let's do this....how do you propose the 30th ranked scoring offense in the league at 18 ppg scores against the 3rd ranked scoring defense (also the 5th ranked passing defense) in Philly or the 5th ranked scoring defense in NE ? We're almost DEAD LAST in scoring.

Our defense can't dominate teams when our offense can't stay on the field. They get worn down. So you see what NO did in scoring 25 points. How are we going to stop the Patriots ? They're going to hang 30 on us. How is our offense going to score enough to keep up, in NE ? Is that being emotional ? I honestly don't see how we can do it, other than getting a bunch of turnovers from a team that annually leads the NFL in turnover differential.

So give me a logical answer, not an emotional answer like "cuz Russell Wilson !"

"Cuz Russel Wilson" ....well Cause he's getting healthy!

DJrmb

Reaction score
How the tides have turned. Looks like we should be favored to go 3-0 over these games now. Even by the most pessimistic fans.

A healthy Russell Wilson improves the overall offense, and the defense as well.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Hawks46":1txmv7jf said:
gowazzu02":1txmv7jf said:
First of all, Tyrod Taylor is not the type of QB that gives us fits. The type of QB that "challenges" cause honestly no qb has a end all be all game against us. the the type we struggle more then normal with are the heady, vet that is comfortable and accurate enough and willing to dink and dunk all day long. Brady and Rivers, Brees last week. Tyrod Taylor that is not!

Second, I know this board is crazy emotional, with a heavy lean to just crazy. But really, 0-3? Already counting the NE game as a lost cause??? I will make sure to bump "just" this thread afterwards when we go 3-0. Cause I got my hand slapped last time for creating a specific thread dedicated to calling out the Negative Nancies,

It's not crazy emotional because we see losses on the horizon. So, let's do this....how do you propose the 30th ranked scoring offense in the league at 18 ppg scores against the 3rd ranked scoring defense (also the 5th ranked passing defense) in Philly or the 5th ranked scoring defense in NE ? We're almost DEAD LAST in scoring.

Our defense can't dominate teams when our offense can't stay on the field. They get worn down. So you see what NO did in scoring 25 points. How are we going to stop the Patriots ? They're going to hang 30 on us. How is our offense going to score enough to keep up, in NE ? Is that being emotional ? I honestly don't see how we can do it, other than getting a bunch of turnovers from a team that annually leads the NFL in turnover differential.

So give me a logical answer, not an emotional answer like "cuz Russell Wilson !"

hawks46 still yet to show up here. Seahawksgal was nice enough to show up and own up to her crow.