6-3

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Every....single.....year.....

Hawks win a game, Pitt shoots it down and tells us all how stupid we are (in a roundabout way, not directly)

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

Hawks win a game, Pitt shoots it down and tells us all how stupid we are (in a roundabout way, not directly)

Sorry bud. Seattle barely beat the Commanders by 3 points. Everythings right in the world.

It was a win, I get it, but it sure doesnt instill a whole lot of confidence going forward.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

Win a game = we should have won by more and looked better. Must be Pete's fault.

Lose a game = must be Pete's fault.

Daylight Savings Time = must be Pete's fault.

War in the middle east = Pete's fault.

That's the beauty of pitt and Fade, there's NEVER not something to blame Pete for. The goal posts can easily be moved at all times to suit their stance on Pete.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Speaking of DK, really cool thing he did after the game for Logan Thomas's kid.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;My son&#39;s a big fan.&quot;<br><br>.<a href="https://twitter.com/dkm14?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@dkm14</a> took the jersey off his back to give to Logan Thomas&#39; son 🙏 <a href="https://t.co/QL4z8YfMAh">pic.twitter.com/QL4z8YfMAh</a></p>&mdash; NFL Films (@NFLFilms) <a href="">November 14, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That’s pretty F’n cool tbh. Really receptive of DK too.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
This whole season has been crazy to this point. You think that the Chiefs are the top team then they lose to the Broncos. The other consensus top team, the Niners, lose three in a row. The Ravens look like world beaters when they trash both us and the Lions then lose to the Browns. The Cowboys get beat by a backup led Cards team. It's one of the strangest, most unpredictable seasons that I can remember. It's truly a "on any given Sunday" situation.

I'm not getting excited or depressed about our situation and the status of our team. At 6-3, were in a very good position to go somewhere. But then there's that Murderer's Row of a schedule.
Yup, sometimes you're the Windshield, sometimes you're the Bug. ;-)

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Hey things could be worse. We could be the Bills. Josh Allen the turnover machine looked absolutely terrible against the Broncos. Genos first half poo was nowhere near as bad as what I saw last night from Josh Allen and his garbage play lasted all 4 quarters.

If he was a Seahawks QB and turned in that performance y'all would slaughter the man.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Win a game = we should have won by more and looked better. Must be Pete's fault.

Lose a game = must be Pete's fault.

Daylight Savings Time = must be Pete's fault.

War in the middle east = Pete's fault.

That's the beauty of pitt and Fade, there's NEVER not something to blame Pete for. The goal posts can easily be moved at all times to suit their stance on Pete.

Fade and I will run him out of town eventually. You just watch. Lol

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sorry bud. Seattle barely beat the Commanders by 3 points. Everythings right in the world.

It was a win, I get it, but it sure doesnt instill a whole lot of confidence going forward.
Pitt:

instead of seeing the glass half empty and being happy with the W you normally take the opposite view. It's a free world but how big a W would have satisfied you? Why isn't a W where the team scored on each of their final three possessions, worth being enthusiastic about? Did the Hawks need to win by 15 points or better or stop Washington from scoring 26 points? What is it you want to see in every W beyond just the W?

Every NFL game is tough to win, even those against those team you regard as weaker teams. Washington played well against the Hawks and the Seahawks were unfortunate to not get more points than the 15 that came through FGs, and they clearly have a lot to clean up on O and their 3rd down D needs to significantly improve. It's still a W and every W looks god on the score sheet whether it was by 3 points or by 37.

I have confidence going forward but the next four games after the Rams this upcoming weekend are going to be tough and within them I expect a few L's but at least 1 or 2 Ws.

I have expectations the team's 3rd down performance on both sides of the ball will improve. However I too was concerned about their defensive weakness on 3rd downs watching Washington easily convert many of their 3rd down situations.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Pitt:

instead of seeing the glass half empty and being happy with the W you normally take the opposite view. It's a free world but how big a W would have satisfied you? Why isn't a W where the team scored on each of their final three possessions, worth being enthusiastic about? Did the Hawks need to win by 15 points or better or stop Washington from scoring 26 points? What is it you want to see in every W beyond just the W?

Every NFL game is tough to win, even those against those team you regard as weaker teams. Washington played well against the Hawks and the Seahawks were unfortunate to not get more points than the 15 that came through FGs, and they clearly have a lot to clean up on O and their 3rd down D needs to significantly improve. It's still a W and every W looks god on the score sheet whether it was by 3 points or by 37.

I have confidence going forward but the next four games after the Rams this upcoming weekend are going to be tough and within them I expect a few L's but at least 1 or 2 Ws.

I have expectations the team's 3rd down performance on both sides of the ball will improve. However I too was concerned about their defensive weakness on 3rd downs watching Washington easily convert many of their 3rd down situations.

Jammer, I just want to see consistency and direction and I havent seen that for years. Regardless of the changing faces, it always seems like the same. It shouldn't take 3/4's of a season to figure stuff out. It just shouldn't. Coming off a loss and playing at home, they should have beaten Washington by double digits, but here we are feeling good about ourselves because they barely scraped out a win in the final seconds. The treacherous 5 game stretch they have coming up is going to shed some light. I expect them to win maybe 1 of those games. Would be ecstatic if they won even 2 of them. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they lost all of them.

Give me at least 2 games of consistent ball and that would go far.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My friend:

Every fan of every team has the same grumble “no freaking consistency”.

As I watched that game I felt that the D was allowing far too many 3rd down conversions, and the same stuff worked against them. It appeared the DC was slow to adjust to stop those short outs, but they were not letting WA run against them. I had a sense of foreboding going forward as the Rams ate the Hawks lunch with short passing over the middle and most smart OCs would see the continuing vulnerability and exploit it. The next five games looked to be worrisome. I am more worried about the Hawks D than their O.

Geno, while in the end proved he can play well when the game is in doubt, was very inconsistent despite having a solid day passing. He looks good, then not so much, then acceptable. I thought the OC didn’t pound them with the run or with the RBs as much as he could have which might have brought more points, yet they did win TOP, and walked off a W.

I the end a W is a W and while I agree with your assessment of dangerous inconsistency they seem to be starting to get more clutch when it counts. I too remain concerned about this upcoming 5 game stretch of games and yet believe PC will have them play one game at a time.

Beating the Rams even if it is close will be a great start. It never pays to look up a hill you need to climb and start off believing you won’t make it.

Last edited: