Ravens win possibly help Hawks?

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
By them beating the whiners, could this help the Hawks if we get into the playoffs.

OP
OP
Fresno Hawk

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
My thinking is, now the whiners have to win out and will beat the lambs the last game of the year. So if can get in and make it pass the first round we won't have to play the number one seed because we would move up to the 6th spot if we win out.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
By them beating the whiners, could this help the Hawks if we get into the playoffs.
It could help us if they do not rest their starts because they want to be #1 seed. They could clobber the Lambs and give us a little leverage for the playoffs. Unfortunately, they would win the tiebreaker even if they lost to the Niners. I hope they get their butts beat twice.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The Ravens put up a nice game plan blueprint for defeating the Niners…at least if you have similar pieces to do so like the Ravens has….

Purdy, was uncomfortable for when he played. Looks like if you constantly blitz the guy, you can rattle him enough to where he cannot throw the ball effectively.

I’ve always thought Purdy is a timing QB and if you are able to rush his rhythm, the Niners can be defeated.

But, I always said, the Niners aren’t great against running QBs and Jackson had a great day against the Niners defense who couldn’t stop the Ravens offense consistently enough to knock their rhythm out of sync.

Not sure if Seattle has the personnel to rush Purdy cause we haven’t seen it yet this season but at least Seattle can somewhat replicate this strategy.

It somewhat helps…

kidhawk

Reaction score
My thinking is, now the whiners have to win out and will beat the lambs the last game of the year. So if can get in and make it pass the first round we won't have to play the number one seed because we would move up to the 6th spot if we win out.

If the Niners take the 1 seed we would have to either lose in the first round or hope to come in as the 6 seed and hope the 7 seed also wins the wildcard round and then beat the Niners to totally miss playing them.

Right now the Niners and the Ravens are the two teams I don’t see us having much of a chance at beating during the playoffs. I would like to see them both get eliminated by someone else. That is quite the long shot though.

Even though it’s hard to imagine us advancing far in the playoffs I think most of the rest of the teams have weaknesses we can exploit.

sutz

Reaction score
If the Niners take the 1 seed we would have to either lose in the first round or hope to come in as the 6 seed and hope the 7 seed also wins the wildcard round and then beat the Niners to totally miss playing them.

Right now the Niners and the Ravens are the two teams I don’t see us having much of a chance at beating during the playoffs. I would like to see them both get eliminated by someone else. That is quite the long shot though.

Even though it’s hard to imagine us advancing far in the playoffs I think most of the rest of the teams have weaknesses we can exploit.
Except our most likely scenario (assuming we get in and advance) is that we have to play both of them.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
AD is going to eat Purdy for breakfast now with SF’s OL injuries.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score

Seattle can beat the Eagles (Seattle beat them all the time), the Lions, the Cowboys, the Bucs.

Not sure about the rest of the field….

The Rams have Seattle’s number (come on, man, why)

The Niners have Seattle’s number (but may be injured along their offensive line)

If Seattle can catch the assuming (Niners in the NFC Championship) and the Niners key players are hurt still (Trent Williams), just maybe, maybe, Seattle, can sneak by them somehow and finally beat the Niners in the NFC Championship….

That would be sweet!!!!!!

olyfan63

Reaction score
It was nice of the Ravens to put their approach to defeating SF on tape. If only we had their DTs, LBs, and O-Line. (Our secondary minus Jamal is decent.) That Ravens O-Line looks flat-out (roundish actually) MASSIVE.
Seeing the SF D struggle against Lamar Jackson showed how problematic a mobile running QB is for the Niners D, and why they had such trouble beating Russell Wilson all those years.

Also, the game plan for the Niners has to involve Trent Williams missing the game. Williams just ragdolls whatever defender he's up against. Minor ankle sprain? Concussion? It was obvious that without him the Ravens D-Line was so much more able to get to Purdy. Good Ol' Clowney made the best of Trent Williams' absence.

That Gus Edwards dude for the Ravens runs like what I hoped Charbonnet could be.

So, we need to draft the next Lamar as our QBOTF, to neutralize that SF Defense? Bosa sure had fits trying to get home.

toffee

Reaction score

Football God moves in Mysterious Ways, and I have promised thy that I shall sacrifice all the snails in my fish tank if Hawks advance to the conference championship, all the snails and 1 algae eater if play in the superbowl, all the snails, 1 algae eater and 1 goldfish if we win the superbowl.

calinator

Reaction score
Here's how the game helped us:

Brock took another stinger.
Trent Williams hurt his groin
That other OG hurt himself as well.

If the Niners are healthy they will always beat us but if they lost a couple key offensive players especially Trent we have a chance.

cymatica

Reaction score
The Ravens put up a nice game plan blueprint for defeating the Niners…at least if you have similar pieces to do so like the Ravens has….

Purdy, was uncomfortable for when he played. Looks like if you constantly blitz the guy, you can rattle him enough to where he cannot throw the ball effectively.

I’ve always thought Purdy is a timing QB and if you are able to rush his rhythm, the Niners can be defeated.

The Ravens are great at disguising their blitzes, which is especially effective when playing a young QB. Pete will never play that aggressive and instead will rely on players executing on a higher level than any other defense

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The Ravens are great at disguising their blitzes, which is especially effective when playing a young QB. Pete will never play that aggressive and instead will rely on players executing on a higher level than any other defense
Yeah, that coaching from Carroll never sat well with me, “let’s out execute them!”

Every single time?? That’s so exhausting. And you’re not always going to “out execute” an opponent more than do to you. Sometimes, it takes mental creativity and having a better scheme….

But since Carroll prefers to rush 4 and drop back into coverage as he has always done, blitzing, isn’t usually part of a majority of the game plan.

And the last time Seattle has played the Niners, the edge has been going to the Niners offensive line against the Seattle 4 man pass rush….

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It def. can help. If they still need to win to get that 1 seed, they won't be resting starters against the Rams.