Ranking Geno Smith - Seattle All time QB list

keasley45

Reaction score
Ok. So where does Noah Fant rank on our all time TE list?

It's been 2 years and we are trying to rank players all time???

themunn

Reaction score
Knowing that there were few seasons as a starter and a couple of games before

Today, where do you place Geno Smith on the list of best Quarterbacks of all time in Seatte?
For everything he played and represented for the franchise

Why are you talking about him in the past tense ("For everything he played...") Has he been cut?

Anyway, we have 4 QBs who started 100+ games, while he has started just 35 so he's behind those 4 obviously.
In terms of Yards per game, yards per attempt, touchdowns per attempt and Interceptions per attempt he ranks 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 1st respectiely. So if he was to play at that level for another 4 years and reach 100 games then I expect we could say something different

Last edited:

Rat

Reaction score
I don't get how two-plus years is too few to judge Geno, but Moon is a slam-dunk over him on fewer games and worse stats.

Hotchy

Reaction score
Seahawk list aside, Moon was the best of that bunch. I thought we were going places the year he got hurt in that downpour in KC.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, yeah we know, you don't like to back up your opinions. Every day thing here.
Cry some more. You're good at it. Feel free to piss off too.
The fact that you actually believe Geno is better than Moon says all I would need to say. Hilarious.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Geno broke Russ records with less of a team around him.

Lol. Geno had maybe the best WR corp Seattle has ever assembled and an extra game to do it. Hardly a ringing endorsement.

Mase

Reaction score
-- I am stunned that Jeff George has been totally ignored here. <-- extreme sarcasm.

-- I think the best NFL QB who has ever played for Seattle, is Warren Moon, but he was near the tail end of his career, and didn't have much around him. If Dave Krieg had bigger hands, I honestly believe he would be in the discussion as best ever in Seattle. He had some Mahomes in him, with the off schedule throws and the creativity, but the fumbles just ended so many drives, and he never had a dominant offensive line in from of him, so he got hit and usually lost the ball. As to Geno, I have said here several times, he literally has it all, size, arm strength, enough mobility. But just something is missing. Maybe it was the late in career ascension to a starting role, but he just always seems to play a little scared.

-- But if we are basing it on achievement only, I would go:

Wilson Begrudgingly but only SB win
Hasselbeck Only other SB run
Krieg With some bad teams late in career
Moon Most talented thrower
Smith Serviceable starter
Kitna Below serviceable starter
Mirer Good in theory
McGwire No. just No.

(I exclude Zorn as he was before my time)

Mase

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Seems like it. So now Geno is somehow better than Moon and Zorn. um.........ok.
What about Warren Moon's seasons suggest that he was better than Geno while a Seahawk? Warren Moon had a HOF career but those years weren't particularly good.

Reactions: Rat

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Geno Smith. Better than Rick Mirer. Not as good as Tarvaris Jackson.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
What about Warren Moon's seasons suggest that he was better than Geno while a Seahawk? Warren Moon had a HOF career but those years weren't particularly good.

This indicates to me that Seattle hasen't had a rich tradition at the QB spot (like the TE's). It's not great when QB's like Hass, Kreig, and Zorn are examples of the Mount Rushmore in Seattle. The fact that Geno Smith is even being talked about should tell you all you need to know.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
This indicates to me that Seattle hasen't had a rich tradition at the QB spot (like the TE's). It's not great when QB's like Hass, Kreig, and Zorn are examples of the Mount Rushmore in Seattle. The fact that Geno Smith is even being talked about should tell you all you need to know.
Yes, we are all aware of the decades of mediocrity and crap that is the Seahawks and that a league-average QB is in discussion for top 5 all time.

Rat

Reaction score
Cry some more. You're good at it. Feel free to piss off too.
The fact that you actually believe Geno is better than Moon says all I would need to say. Hilarious.
So, same as always:

1. Soulfish takes stance on something.
2. Someone asks him why he thinks that way.
3. ItS jUsT mY oPiNiOn!!! WhY cAnT i HaVe OpInIoNs????

Never seen someone so afraid to be challenged. It's embarrassing.

And as usual, you don't actually have anything to back up your stance. You just like to hear yourself talk, but don't actually want to have discussions. Discussion board is an odd place for that.

Rat

Reaction score
-- I am stunned that Jeff George has been totally ignored here. <-- extreme sarcasm.
Hass actually gave George a great deal of credit for helping him turn his career around after his rough start in Seattle.