Problem between Russell and Doug??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Russell is very controlled, as he's quite aware of people making their own impression of his actions (i.e. people always watching). This can come across as having a fake persona, but it's an awareness of scrutiny for public people and I'm sure he's a bit different when out of the public.

As far as building brand, it's not really different than what Sherman's doing, it's just a different methodology.

Finally, when I watched one of his recent interviews on nfl.com and he was talking about his camp for kids, his demeanor changed...loosened up and you could see his enthusiasm for working with kids. It wasn't fake.

Not saying baldwin is referring to Wilson, as I can't read his mind and trying to read the twitter tea leaves is a bit like looking at a rorschach test.

lsheldon

Reaction score
I believe Doug's comments are directed at Cris Carter. No one will be able to convince me otherwise.

brettb3

Reaction score
Cartire":229t3yss said:
Throwdown":229t3yss said:
Cartire":229t3yss said:
To be fair to the OP. Many people replied asking if it was Russ in the tweets. ADB responded to many questions and replies. He didn't reply to a single person asking if it was Russ.

So everyone thinks Russ is a fruad?

awwwwwwwwwwwwwkward.

I Think they think Doug thinks so. I think Doug using robot and brand with kids (while Russ is doing his camp) is where people draw the connection. I think the fact that Doug took the time to reply to various comments in his tweets but not dispute the notion that it was RW is suspicious.
Or it's entirely possible that the very idea that he would put his QB on blast a week before training camp is patently absurd, so he doesn't even take the time to respond to such nonsense. He also didn't reply to inquiries about Tate, so clearly that's who he was talking about. :sarcasm_off:

Training camp can't get here soon enough.

RussJames

Reaction score
Wow ya'll folks are taking this way too seriously. I was expecting some jokes. Sometimes this site can be worse than twitter.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Cartire":2sojs1cp said:
To be fair to the OP. Many people replied asking if it was Russ in the tweets. ADB responded to many questions and replies. He didn't reply to a single person asking if it was Russ.
Well, from the title of the OP's post, it sounded like there was an inside knowing about a rift between ADB and RW.
Sorry, but if it's all assumptive bullshit, then it should have been posted as such.
Baldwin needs to clean it all up, because all this foo-fuh-rah was started by his tweets, and haters going to be looking for someone to hate on, and this only fuels the fools.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":12cvg4nw said:
LolaRox":12cvg4nw said:
I don't know if it's a shot at RW or not, but it certainly can be taken as one and for that reason alone Doug should clear it up if it wasn't.

It can be taken as a shot at RW if you're a ridiculous fanatic who can't help but pretend to know what's in other people's heads. I wouldn't be surprised if the people who are painting this as a shot at RW are the same people who worried about how Earl Thomas was going to like being a Seahawk because they turned into body language "experts" watching him take the call from the Hawks when he was drafted.

Doug doesn't owe it to anyone to clear up the speculation in their heads. Some things aren't even worth responding to.
No he doesn't, he ought to just let it fester, that would be good for his resume, eh?

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3mhoili8 said:
I love Baldwin as a player, but as a human being he seems to be a very needy attention whore who thrives on conflict and being disrespected. I don't think he can go a week without being offended by someone or something.

This is pretty much my impression of Baldwin as well. He just seems like a pretty unhappy person in general and that's a real shame considering where he's at in his life right now (Young, healthy, financially secure, etc.). I hope he figures out how to lighten up and enjoy life instead of being pissed off at something or other all the time.

OTOH, I could be totally wrong. :Dunno:

Dreadbelch

Reaction score
Cartire":1r9lvz5k said:

I think ADB simply chose not to respond to dumb questions.

Think about it. Would ADB really call out his own QB on Twitter when everyone knows that shit always ends up on the front page of ESPN and NFL.com — especially during the offseason? That's not the way he'd handle a situation like this.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
2363468-jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

ZagHawk

Reaction score
The only thing that could make this connection is the fact he used the word "robotic" and we all call RW...robot. It's a BIG stretch. Honestly like others have said, this is just Doug doing his standard "I'm going to try and enlighten the world" tweets. It's a reason why I've stopped following him. It's just not that interesting to me, and he's one of THOSE tweeters. Some like it, others like myself find it bleh.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Thats the evil of social media folks. Folks can run their mouths irresponsibly.
FWIW, ADB gave his opinion of the Luck vs Wilson debate in RW'S rookie year emphatically stating Luck was better on the Real Rob Report. He has a good rapport with RW on the field but to say they are close may be inaccurate. RW is highly Christian especially on twitter which may come off as fake in the eye of those who are not very religious.
I'm just thankful RW and Percy seem to have a great friendship and respect. Especially since the passing of Percy Harvin's father.

seadoc30

Reaction score
Yes, everybody knows he is robotic and he means business. When did that ever become a bad thing. Should he throw parties after camps and go shoe shopping??

And another thing. How many celebs and athletes would be doing any charity or other public events just for the sake of helping people and being sincere?? I would bet 95% arent.

theascension

Reaction score
If ADB had troubles with RW why would he sign an extension? There's hundreds of Athletes he could be referring to with that statement. Many are fake robots.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":30gg9qnd said:
volsunghawk":30gg9qnd said:
LolaRox":30gg9qnd said:
I don't know if it's a shot at RW or not, but it certainly can be taken as one and for that reason alone Doug should clear it up if it wasn't.

It can be taken as a shot at RW if you're a ridiculous fanatic who can't help but pretend to know what's in other people's heads. I wouldn't be surprised if the people who are painting this as a shot at RW are the same people who worried about how Earl Thomas was going to like being a Seahawk because they turned into body language "experts" watching him take the call from the Hawks when he was drafted.

Doug doesn't owe it to anyone to clear up the speculation in their heads. Some things aren't even worth responding to.
No he doesn't, he ought to just let it fester, that would be good for his resume, eh?

It's not his responsibility to correct misperceptions that OTHER people have. It doesn't reflect on him in any way, but on the people who like to presume they know some secret. That's their deal, not his.

mikeak

Reaction score
Anybody that doesn't think RW - please tell me what other NFL player that has been called robotic in regards to their media image....

HansGruber

Reaction score
Regardless of who it's aimed at, it shows how young and inexperienced Angry Doug really is. He's a kid, so I'm not going to hold it against him, but he needs to hire a publicist who can explain how the real world works.

Being "real" is a freaking joke. What does that even mean, anyway? Being an a-hole for the mere sake of it? Every time I've seen someone say they were "being real", in reality they were just being a thoughtless a-hole and alienating people around them. So what is that even supposed to mean? Never changing who you are as a person? Never caring about what others think of you?

99% of a person's success in life will be determined by how they "brand" themselves - i.e., their ability to control their inner emotions and outer appearances.

Have you ever dealt with a person who was ruled by their emotions? As a fan, it's fun to watch, sure. But in personal and professional relationships, it's a complete pain. We've all dealt with people who can't control their emotions or reactions. And when you are dealing with them, all you can think about is getting away from this insane person in front of you. It's the #1 outward sign of inner immaturity.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
mikeak":12rordaw said:
Anybody that doesn't think RW - please tell me what other NFL player that has been called robotic in regards to their media image....

yes because nobody in the history of time has ever used the term 'robotic' to describe by-the-book expected predictable token unexpressive behavior..this was invented with russell wilson.

because one time moffitt was on real rob report.

Anthony!

Reaction score
mikeak":3blpe5b1 said:

Actually there have been plenty at one time Tom Brady was thought of as Robotic, With regards to how they deal with eh media P. Manning is one of the most robotic there is, and I can go on.

There is no direct evidence he is talking about Rw, there is only circumstantial evidence that can also apply to many others to include Tate.

To be honest there is not enough evidence to say it was at Rw at all.

Looking at this picture tough to say there is a problem at all

http://bigstory.ap.org/photo/russell-wi ... -baldwin-0

Also note I am looking a this twitter feed, and no were does anyone ask him if he is talking about Rw, and in fact his post comes from no were except it is does come right after Tates interview were he talks about his brand etc. So while I cannot know for sure there is just as much evidence to say it is toward Tate as anyone. The reality is we do not know.

However we do know that Baldwin did say this

QB Russell Wilson is...

(HBO.com)

Baldwin: "He reminds me of the dwarf, Tyrion Lannister. Well, Tyrion is probably a little taller than him [laughter]. No, it's not Tyrion, I just had to say that for jokes. I would say he reminds me of Ned Stark. Ned was always composed. He was always calm. He never really changed. He got fiery sometimes, but for the most part he was pretty even keeled. Russ reminds me of Ned Stark."

Not it snot the comparison to game of thrones so much as to whom and the way he talks about Rw specifically "Russ" not the term you use with someone you do not like. Normally if you do not like someone you will not use a name or their last name only "Russ" is a name used by friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.