Problem between Russell and Doug??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartire

Reaction score
Brahn":3l1pomsn said:
had2bhawk":3l1pomsn said:
:177692: :34853_doh: :141847_bnono: Why would DB say anything bad about Wilson? He really needs to clear this up and take care of any negative implications on the man who can/will make him a top receiver in NFL.

If there is anything to clear up it will be done behind closed doors. He needs to clarify nothing to the fans imo.

I would agree, however, I think DB needs to exercise that notion prior to posting anything. He needs to stop using twitter as a means of venting and lecturing. Or, if he doesnt want to go all ADB, keep it outta of the team.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
For crying out loud people. Denial is more than just a river in Egypt. OF COURSE HE'S TALKING ABOUT WILSON.

Robotic.

Kids.

There's no "probable" or "ifs".

All we should be discussing here is how people feel about that rift between Baldwin and Wilson and whether Baldwin should even be posting anything in the first place.

dracolich81

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1dq9bsv2 said:
For crying out loud people. Denial is more than just a river in Egypt. OF COURSE HE'S TALKING ABOUT WILSON.

Robotic.

Kids.

There's no "probable" or "ifs".

All we should be discussing here is how people feel about that rift between Baldwin and Wilson and whether Baldwin should even be posting anything in the first place.

I agree, I was reading this last night too and about 30 min after Doug's rant, Wilson posts "Rise Above"

Its pretty obvious that RW is building his brand. Every post or interview I see from him during the offseason has some sort of corporate promotion involved and can be a bit corny, but honestly who cares. I completely understand and support a guy trying to build his brand in the offseason.
And secondly, how can anyone honestly say that because a guy is plugging corporate sponsors and building his brand, he is not genuine about helping kids and being a good role model?
The reality is that in order to travel around the country doing football camps, you need sponsors to help fund it. And its also a good opportunity to build your brand. Nothing wrong with that IMO.
That post from Doug kind of pisses me off and it pretty inappropriate if you ask me. But hey, maybe Doug is right, maybe RW has all of us fooled, maybe he doesn't give a damn about any of the kids at his camps and only care about American Family Insurance and Alaska Airlines... Thats really hard to believe.

samwize77

Reaction score
How many of us would be disappointed to find out Russ isn't what he really appears to be? If behind the scenes hes something of a prima dona (kaep cough cough) would it ruin your day? If there is something to this and ADB's comments are pointed at RW, does it bother you more about Russ not being who he projects himself to be or the possibility of lack of unity on field?
I'm thinking ADB should be professional and NOT make his feelings public for the sake of the team, and deal with any issues behind closed doors. I have co-workers I don't care for but I don't write it on the chalkboard for all to see.
If RW portrays himself to be something he's not for the sake of his "brand" , I don't have a problem with it. He certainly could be portraying himself to be somebody alot worse than he does.
Of course none of this could be true and something or somebody else just got under ADB's skin...surprise surprise.

253hawk

Reaction score
Off-season...
iykrXP3sQX4S2.gif

seanoob

Reaction score
Weird. RW's camp interactions with the kids were awesome (uh oh, i've fallen into his brand building trap).

Seahawks4life

Reaction score
This goes along with what I believe David hsu on twitter was posting where a buddy of his helped with RW camp and said Russ is robotic and all business, and didn't seem like he was happy at the kids camp..

But then goes on to say he did take pictures and sign autos for all the kids.

I just think Russ is getting burnt out honestly and that is starting to be seen by others, including going through divorce etc..

Dude just needs to take a break.

oasis

Reaction score
Seahawks4life":9x59ou5m said:
This goes along with what I believe David hsu on twitter was posting where a buddy of his helped with RW camp and said Russ is robotic and all business, and didn't seem like he was happy at the kids camp..

I just think Russ is getting burnt out honestly and that is starting to be seen by others, including going through divorce etc..

Agreed 100%.
The guy posts christian bible stuff on his twitter for ****sakes. He may be a tad weird, but he's not insincere. Its like you said. From the extremely small amount of Russ' life that I can glean, I can picture him getting burned out with his constant idealist and optimist personality.
Doug is getting WAAAY too cute here.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I think the people who think this has anything to do with wilson are reading way too much into it, while at the same time insulting Baldwin and Wilson by implying Doug would be dumb enough to vent about his QB on twitter (a guy who is always doing charity work) and that Wilson is a fraud (a fraud who spends all of his time helping kids, visiting sick kids, and trying to be the best QB in history?).

I read this more as doug saying that on a personal level he's going to be himself.

This is america these days though -you can't be honest about yourself and speak your mind without everyone assuming you have ulterior motives or are trying to tear someone else down. The only thing that implies another party is saying 'some fake humility' which is a pretty broad generalization.

Where is everyone getting this idea that Dough doesn't like Russ? And since when is the Seahawks locker room a bad episode of "Friends"?

titan3131

Reaction score
maybe Russell Wilson is the anti-christ

And we wont know it until its too late!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I know this is just adding to the noise, but here's my take on this:

ADB is referencing Russell Wilson, but not in the immediate obvious way. See, Russell has his brand, and since Russell's brand is successful, there may be significant pressure from advertisers and agents to get Baldwin on the same route. Up his credibility and his notoriety, as it were. So, the problem may be that doing what Wilson does would make Baldwin fell insincere and used. Especially since there are plenty of people out there who have used this robotic and fake route before. (Tiger Woods comes to mind.) He is who he wants to be, and I can see him being offended by suggestions he ought to do otherwise.

Maybe that's stretching a little bit, but I do think it fits the facts fairly well, too. (Why ADB doesn't just say this, though...)

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
oasis":3f7enio4 said:
Seahawks4life":3f7enio4 said:

Agreed 100%.
The guy posts christian bible stuff on his twitter for ****sakes. He may be a tad weird, but he's not insincere. Its like you said. From the extremely small amount of Russ' life that I can glean, I can picture him getting burned out with his constant idealist and optimist personality.
Doug is getting WAAAY too cute here.
Personally, I think Doug outta walk in Wilson's shoes before he goes about - publicly no less - casting stones. The guys wife cheated on him with one of the WR's. Not some dude she met somewhere else, on of his coworkers. And not any coworker, one he works with closely.

And now Doug Baldwin is going to say he's not sincere, that it's "sinister" that he's going through the motions, that he's marketing his brand? Who on earth wouldn't be numb inside right now? Who on earth wouldn't be going through the motions? sincerity? He's out there with the kids signing every autograph and just because he's not enjoying it he's sinister? When ADB has walked in Wilson's shoes he can talk about being empty inside and being robotic to the public.

Until then, he's just being a punk ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.