Problem between Russell and Doug??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
So apparently this has been confirmed as Doug Baldwin calling out Russell Wilson on twitter a week before training camp for being a fraud, then?

Throwdown

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1a1ed0ly said:
So apparently this has been confirmed as Doug Baldwin calling out Russell Wilson on twitter a week before training camp for being a fraud, then?

Where

BigMeach

Reaction score
I think we're reaching here...

You could literally put any athlete with a sponsor into those quotes. Obviously if you put RW into them it makes sense, but you could do the same with a lot of athletes.

Here's an example, throw Lebron james in there. Or Marshawn Lynch. They both are sponsored/endorsed, are robotic in what they do on the field/court, and work with kids.

I'm not saying it isn't RW, but it could literally be anyone. So let's not say it's RW till Doug says it is.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Throwdown":iwyuu9xp said:
Hawknballs":iwyuu9xp said:

Where

Exactly.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
BigMeach":3dsmr2q1 said:
I'm not saying it isn't RW, but it could literally be anyone. So let's not say it's RW till Doug says it is.

It could also be no one in particular and doug is just venting on his perception of the whole thing in general, too.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":xdmgvpw7 said:
I love Doug Baldwin, and I think he's a smart dude, but he should be smart enough to recognize the fact that Twitter and its 140 character limit is a terrible place to try and give statements on life...even through multiple Tweets.

Athletes are no different than all of our idiot friends and relatives who "vague post" on Facebook 24/7, then wait for the attention they crave to pour in.

I love Baldwin as a player, but as a human being he seems to be a very needy attention whore who thrives on conflict and being disrespected. I don't think he can go a week without being offended by someone or something.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Doug & Russ seem to get along fine on videos (Real Rob, Fresh Files...) that i've seen, but the tweets do make you wonder...

I don't know if it's a shot at RW or not, but it certainly can be taken as one and for that reason alone Doug should clear it up if it wasn't. If it was a shot at RW it is inappropriate to go after your teammate for all the world to see and someone within the org. needs to speak to Doug about it. He's smart ( at least he says he is ) and he knows how this social media thing works.

OMT - This morning on First Take Mike Rob said he worries about how the loss of veteran leadership will impact the locker room. He said they have lots of great young leaders, but wondered who would replace Red/Clem when they need a veteran voice. This could be one of those times.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Russell Wilson has been running his football camp for kids since he was in high school. That's an awfully long time to "fake" it for a "brand."

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2f1i42jc said:
The offseason is lame.
Yup. So is social media along with it.
Geez you guys sound like a bunch of gossiping girls.
Oh, and that rumor about Golden and Ashton. lol. Before that it was John Legend.
Seriously.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
LolaRox":2jmkq3y0 said:
I don't know if it's a shot at RW or not, but it certainly can be taken as one and for that reason alone Doug should clear it up if it wasn't.

It can be taken as a shot at RW if you're a ridiculous fanatic who can't help but pretend to know what's in other people's heads. I wouldn't be surprised if the people who are painting this as a shot at RW are the same people who worried about how Earl Thomas was going to like being a Seahawk because they turned into body language "experts" watching him take the call from the Hawks when he was drafted.

Doug doesn't owe it to anyone to clear up the speculation in their heads. Some things aren't even worth responding to.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
i dunno its a pretty safe assumption it's about RW considering Baldwin's long history of throwing his teammates under the bus.

:sarcasm_off:

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Sgt. Largent":1z4kme47 said:
Smelly McUgly":1z4kme47 said:
I love Doug Baldwin, and I think he's a smart dude, but he should be smart enough to recognize the fact that Twitter and its 140 character limit is a terrible place to try and give statements on life...even through multiple Tweets.

Athletes are no different than all of our idiot friends and relatives who "vague post" on Facebook 24/7, then wait for the attention they crave to pour in.

I love Baldwin as a player, but as a human being he seems to be a very needy attention whore who thrives on conflict and being disrespected. I don't think he can go a week without being offended by someone or something.

Yeah, I think there is an attention-grabbing element here, but I also think that he thrives as a player on feeling disrespected. If perceiving that he is disrespected and feeling indignant about it is what drives him to be a great player, I can live with it.

I do think that, even though he doesn't necessarily owe anyone clarification, he should at least be responsible enough not to post stuff like this and fail to clarify that he's speaking generally rather than about someone specific. I agree that he could just be venting normally, but when you put it out there for public consumption, some people are going to take it the wrong way. Normally, I would say that's on the people that take it the wrong way most of the time, but in this case, why risk creating disharmony on your team by blowing up a "story" that doesn't exist?

One RT with a "No, I'm not talking about Russell Wilson," and this discussion thread doesn't exist.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":sv68n1pi said:
One RT with a "No, I'm not talking about Russell Wilson," and this discussion thread doesn't exist.

but it also implies that he even feels the need to clarify the speculation with a response, in which case these same wacky fans will take that as "But at least you understand why we'd think so!" and then we are back to square one.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":d8vpuw4j said:
I know this is just adding to the noise, but here's my take on this:

ADB is referencing Russell Wilson, but not in the immediate obvious way. See, Russell has his brand, and since Russell's brand is successful, there may be significant pressure from advertisers and agents to get Baldwin on the same route. Up his credibility and his notoriety, as it were. So, the problem may be that doing what Wilson does would make Baldwin fell insincere and used. Especially since there are plenty of people out there who have used this robotic and fake route before. (Tiger Woods comes to mind.) He is who he wants to be, and I can see him being offended by suggestions he ought to do otherwise.

Maybe that's stretching a little bit, but I do think it fits the facts fairly well, too. (Why ADB doesn't just say this, though...)

:th2thumbs:

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Hawknballs":l49kn9z6 said:
Smelly McUgly":l49kn9z6 said:

but it also implies that he even feels the need to clarify the speculation with a response, in which case these same wacky fans will take that as "But at least you understand why we'd think so!" and then we are back to square one.

I absolutely understand your point of view, but by putting this out here in the first place and then refusing to clarify, he invites the type of speculation that media members will eventually run with/try to create some drama with to find a story, which I think most people would agree our team doesn't need.

He shouldn't have posted this at all, really, or at least not on Twitter. Get a blog so that you can articulate your thoughts clearly and without the chance for this sort of misreading.

Jville

Reaction score
How provincial.

One could mistakenly jump to the assumption that nothing exists outside of the Seahawk universe.

HawkWow

Reaction score
While it's conceivable ADB was alluding to Wilson, I'd like to think Doug's smarter than that. It's not like we have a shortage of ball catchers on the team and pissing on the corn flakes of his QB, under such circumstances, just isn't very prudent. And IF he is ranting about Wilson, I suggest he has decided to hit the bottle, after all.

Pro athletes: Just say NO to Twitter.

Exittium

Reaction score
Hmm I thought ADB aimed these more towards Golden, for his comments he stated in an interview. Because before he left imo seemed fake. "I love the fans, I'll take lower, blah blah blah" And I thought there was some of team not to happy at GT "shrug" IDK.. but I'm with everyone else, I think now after reading most these comments, its just ADB being ADB and there's nothing to look into or be worried about. Those of you worried, stop believing everything you read and spend time getting ready to enjoy this next season :D

:stirthepot:

uncle fester

Reaction score
This could just as easily be read as a dig at Golden Tate as he was all over the radio talking about his "brand" the last few days, which would maybe even contain a grain of logic as Tate is now gone.

There's some real 2 + 2 = 5 going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.