Problem between Russell and Doug??

Status
Not open for further replies.

LolaRox

Reaction score
volsunghawk":38g5mrwd said:
LolaRox":38g5mrwd said:
I don't know if it's a shot at RW or not, but it certainly can be taken as one and for that reason alone Doug should clear it up if it wasn't.

It can be taken as a shot at RW if you're a ridiculous fanatic who can't help but pretend to know what's in other people's heads. I wouldn't be surprised if the people who are painting this as a shot at RW are the same people who worried about how Earl Thomas was going to like being a Seahawk because they turned into body language "experts" watching him take the call from the Hawks when he was drafted.

Doug doesn't owe it to anyone to clear up the speculation in their heads. Some things aren't even worth responding to.

I didn't say he OWED it to anyone. However, If I said something and people mistakenly took it as a shot to one of my teammates I think I should set the record straight if not for me, at least for that teammate. Its an easy thing to correct and would only cost him 20 seconds and 140 characters. People clarify their comments all the time.

Again, I have no idea if it is or isn't about RW but the fact that it's out there would be enough for me to make it clear that it's not if it isn't.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
You know if these guys ever read how seriously we take and/or over react to everything they say. I'm sure they would just laugh their asses off.

ADB could have watched Star Wars one day and just tweeted "I hate robots" and people would automatically think "ZOMG ADB hates RW, SEAHAWK DRAMA!!!".

Mike 4G

Reaction score
I was at his camp on July 10th and he seemed very happy, he even sang along to a Michael Jackson song. He spent time with my son along with Wags and Rice. They all seemed to be real and enjoying themselves, Wilson included. I took a ton of pics of Wilson and he never looked bored, tired or fake the entire 7 hours of the camp. For what it is worth.

suppaball

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2nw6hajy said:
CALIHAWK1":2nw6hajy said:
The offseason is lame.
Yup. So is social media along with it.
Geez you guys sound like a bunch of gossiping girls.
Oh, and that rumor about Golden and Ashton. lol. Before that it was John Legend.
Seriously.
This says it all.

Also let me add derka derka derka.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Dude was probably watching Robocop on dvd. A healthy fear of robots (automatonophobia?) explains his rant.
Problem is he posting on the interwebs.

nepahawk

Reaction score
Didn't Doug say last year that Luck was the best Qb coming out of he 2012 draft. And he would take Luck over Wilson.
Maybe just the Stanford ties or was there some issues last year.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":20dewfun said:
CALIHAWK1":20dewfun said:
The offseason is lame.
Yup. So is social media along with it.
Geez you guys sound like a bunch of gossiping girls.
Oh, and that rumor about Golden and Ashton. lol. Before that it was John Legend.
Seriously.

I always thought Golden was homosexual.

kearly

Reaction score
The last tweet in the OP makes it pretty obvious that Baldwin is taking a shot at someone. It could be anyone. I do think it's kind of an eyebrow raiser though that when fans asked him if it was Wilson, he made no attempt to clarify. Doug's the kind of guy that wouldn't lie to cover his tracks... his choice to not answer is perhaps telling.

For argument's sake, let's say he actually is taking a shot at his QB. That doesn't necessarily mean they dislike each other. Doug is going to tell you what he thinks, he's kind of got that Charles Barkley side to him. In this regard, Russell Wilson is a near perfect opposite.

I'm kind of in that Charles Barkley category myself, I try not to be an ass but I feel uncomfortable wearing a mask and I am naturally wary of those who wear different masks for different occasions. I don't think it's possible to be perfect without living behind a mask, but at the same time, it is frustrating to see others wear fake smiles and laugh fake laughs, even if you know they are good people on the inside.

Seeing these facade traits is agitating to those of us who strongly believe in being honest about our identities. I personally have felt similar feelings of rage as expressed by Baldwin directed at someone near and dear to me for the same stated reasons. But ultimately, I got over it. I accepted our personality differences and eventually it wasn't anything to bother over anymore.

Even on the chance this is a feud between Russ and Doug, I have faith that these guys will man up and move on. It might not even take long.

I certainly hope the last tweet wasn't a reference to Wilson though, yikes! Regardless, I think this is probably harmless, even if Baldwin was referring to Wilson. Which he may or may not have been.

Anthony!

Reaction score
nepahawk":2ir8nwh1 said:
Didn't Doug say last year that Luck was the best Qb coming out of he 2012 draft. And he would take Luck over Wilson.
Maybe just the Stanford ties or was there some issues last year.

He said that before the season even started since then he has been very very pro RW

kearly

Reaction score
To everyone talking about Golden and Russell, let's not forget that the affair rumor was started by Terez Owens, an internet personality who is basically the sports gossip equivalent of Incarcerated Bob. The same source also said that Wilson is gay.

HansGruber":30e53cf0 said:
Have you ever dealt with a person who was ruled by their emotions? As a fan, it's fun to watch, sure. But in personal and professional relationships, it's a complete pain. We've all dealt with people who can't control their emotions or reactions. And when you are dealing with them, all you can think about is getting away from this insane person in front of you. It's the #1 outward sign of inner immaturity.

Actually that would be #2. Flipping off little kids is #1. :)

seadoc30

Reaction score
Maybe M.Robinson had a point when he said today that young guys have money now in the locker room and egos can take over. Could be happening to Baldwin. If this guy is publicly dissing his qb (our face of the franchise), he needs to be shown the damn door. No room for people like that. Without chemistry, there's no winning. Already miss Big Red, Clemons, n MR.

kpak76

Reaction score
uncle fester":1krwfsnh said:
This could just as easily be read as a dig at Golden Tate as he was all over the radio talking about his "brand" the last few days, which would maybe even contain a grain of logic as Tate is now gone.

There's some real 2 + 2 = 5 going on here.

I was thinking the same thing, the 2+2=5 bit anyways.

This could be about anyone and anything. Dont read into stuff that doesn't need to be read into. That is the soap opera mentality there.

Smellyman

Reaction score
kpak76":26q9oq1y said:
uncle fester":26q9oq1y said:
This could just as easily be read as a dig at Golden Tate as he was all over the radio talking about his "brand" the last few days, which would maybe even contain a grain of logic as Tate is now gone.

There's some real 2 + 2 = 5 going on here.

I was thinking the same thing, the 2+2=5 bit anyways.

This could be about anyone and anything. Dont read into stuff that doesn't need to be read into. That is the soap opera mentality there.

thinking that too

brettb3

Reaction score
kearly":31kx8sxo said:
The last tweet in the OP makes it pretty obvious that Baldwin is taking a shot at someone. It could be anyone. I do think it's kind of an eyebrow raiser though that when fans asked him if it was Wilson, he made no attempt to clarify. Doug's the kind of guy that wouldn't lie to cover his tracks... his choice to not answer is perhaps telling.

For argument's sake, let's say he actually is taking a shot at his QB. That doesn't necessarily mean they dislike each other. Doug is going to tell you what he thinks, he's kind of got that Charles Barkley side to him. In this regard, Russell Wilson is a near perfect opposite.

I'm kind of in that Charles Barkley category myself, and my brother who I'm very close to is sometimes a bit of a fake person who tries to be perfect. I don't think it's possible to be perfect without living behind a mask, but at the same time, it is frustrating to see others wear fake smiles and laugh fake laughs, even if you know they are good people on the inside. I still love my brother, he's my best friend. But I won't lie, there have been days it bothered me to the degree it seems to be bothering Baldwin in these tweets. But ultimately, I get over it. I still love my brother.

I certainly hope the last tweet wasn't a reference to Wilson though, yikes! Regardless, I think this is probably harmless, even if Baldwin was referring to Wilson. Which he may or may not have been.
He also didn't answer people who asked if it was about Tate. Doug's an honest guy, but at times he tweets intentionally vague things in order to get a rise out of people. A few months ago he posted a tweet that seemed to imply that NFL players have it tougher than people in the military. People tweeted back at him in outrage, then Doug eventually revealed that he was referring to something completely different. I think things like that are his way of showing that people take what guys in his position say way too seriously. Sort of like what we're doing right now. ;)

Rocket

Reaction score
I would argue that, if Russ is a bit robotic, it's cuz divorce sucks and the dude is goin' thru a private hell and tryin' to put on a happy face around the kids.
So leave the dude the fark alone... geez.
AD doesn't always have to be A, D.

P.S. so much for getting that custom "Angry Doug" hoodie...

HansGruber

Reaction score
kearly":2lxsfft9 said:
To everyone talking about Golden and Russell, let's not forget that the affair rumor was started by Terez Owens, an internet personality who is basically the sports gossip equivalent of Incarcerated Bob. The same source also said that Wilson is gay.

I'd be inclined to believe this, and also thought the rumors about Tate and Wilson's wife were BS. Until I found out that members of the team were saying it, and saying that it was a legitimate issue during the Superbowl. Whether or not it is true, it is a fact that the locker room thought it was true before they even played in the Superbowl.

General Manager

Reaction score
So how many days left to training camp this kind of stuff is beyond the pale. Even if he does have that opinion , I don't care.

kearly

Reaction score
brettb3":1c6n2m6c said:
He also didn't answer people who asked if it was about Tate. Doug's an honest guy, but at times he tweets intentionally vague things in order to get a rise out of people. A few months ago he posted a tweet that seemed to imply that NFL players have it tougher than people in the military. People tweeted back at him in outrage, then Doug eventually revealed that he was referring to something completely different. I think things like that are his way of showing that people take what guys in his position say way too seriously. Sort of like what we're doing right now. ;)

Well, the Baldwin quotes don't fit Tate at all (even the "brand" comment doesn't fit Tate since Baldwin is clearly referring to a person who is creating a brand off the field). The comments fit Wilson in ways that are super-obvious. It doesn't mean he is talking about Wilson, but it was the first person to jump to mind and I struggle think of anyone else who checks half the boxes. If Baldwin's going to be mum on questions about Wilson, it makes sense to be mum about all such questions. But why not deny it if it is not a teammate? Why not at least clarify things by saying it's not Wilson given how obvious the connections are?

kearly

Reaction score
Wilson's twitter has three posts for the past 24 hours, which are:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/489299176107167745[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/489448418117308416[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/489449247838711809[/tweet]

kearly

Reaction score
HansGruber":y1mg62j8 said:
I'd be inclined to believe this, and also thought the rumors about Tate and Wilson's wife were BS. Until I found out that members of the team were saying it, and saying that it was a legitimate issue during the Superbowl. Whether or not it is true, it is a fact that the locker room thought it was true before they even played in the Superbowl.

Not trying to be a smartass, I just want to know. Can you prove it's a fact? Did any team members go on the record anywhere other than being referenced anonymously on an internet rumor site?

Status
Not open for further replies.