Poll is it really as bad as it looked or just a bump in the road

Was week one an anomaly or a harbinger of doom

• Total voters

billbird2111

Reaction score
Tough year for the Seahawks. Bad defense. Bad QB. No real threats on offense other than a decent WR corps. But who is going to consistently get the ball to them? Geno Smith? A career backup? I don't think so.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I'm confused and obviously at a loss for predicting how our team will fare over the season. I had last season as tanking and missing the playoffs by far and this years season as having high hopes with all the new talent these last two years and skyrocketing to the playoffs. Week 1 was obviously not a good indication of my prediction, but hoping that the season is early and the team will turn it around. So basically, go in the opposite direction of whatever i feel the season will be for the Hawks.I guess put me in the Peter King category lol

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Tough year for the Seahawks. Bad defense. Bad QB. No real threats on offense other than a decent WR corps. But who is going to consistently get the ball to them? Geno Smith? A career backup? I don't think so.

A bit harsh, but you're a 49ers fan so I get the take. Calling Geno a bad QB simply means you didn't watch him play all 17 games last year, nor would make any sense then as to why he rightfully won Comeback Player of the Year, had the highest passer rating and made the Pro Bowl. If that's your definition of "Bad QB" I hope he is a "Bad QB" for the rest of his career.

Is he Top 10? Maybe not. But calling him a bad QB is just being lazy and snarky.

billbird2111

Reaction score
A bit harsh, but you're a 49ers fan so I get the take. Calling Geno a bad QB simply means you didn't watch him play all 17 games last year, nor would make any sense then as to why he rightfully won Comeback Player of the Year, had the highest passer rating and made the Pro Bowl. If that's your definition of "Bad QB" I hope he is a "Bad QB" for the rest of his career.

Is he Top 10? Maybe not. But calling him a bad QB is just being lazy and snarky.

With all due respect (you are the Admin after all), I will admit that you might be correct. But, I honestly do not see it. Most backup QB's are backups for a reason. Not all of them. But, for a lot of them, there's a reason why they sat on the bench.

As a 49er fan I do not like this. I miss conversing with (insulting) Seahawks fans who once invaded the 49ers forum and claimed it as their home turf. That did happen. But, they are all gone now. A few diehards like Zaghawk stuck around. Everyone else, however, hasn't chosen to visit in a very long time.

I get it. It's slow in here too. I understand. I've lived through this in my own 49er fan forums. There's not a lot to talk about when the team isn't doing well. I just don't think PC is the problem. Someone made a decision to stick with Geno at QB. I don't think it was PC. I think it's a bad call.

I understand that all good franchises stumble once in awhile. I just hate to see it happen in Seattle. Sort of.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
This is a liaded question after one game. I think losing both tackles doomed that game, there was no contingency in place for that scenario. I said early give me 4 weeks to see what the defense can do, I'd still like to see how that unfolds.

Seattle got stomped for half a game, not going to throw in the towel over two trash quarters. By weeks 4-6 we'll know what this team is made of. Time for dudes to nut up or shut up.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
We just can't ever seem to put some guys together that can create some pressure from the d-line. Making it too easy for opposing offenses and a lot tougher on ourselves. I am not so sure we are much more than a fringe playoff team. But if we can get there anything can happen.

chris98251

Reaction score
bump in the road, just a big one, down a division game going on the road against a much improved Lion team that wants to erase 40 years of being a laughing stock, two starting tackles out, always a slow start for Pete's teams. What else could possibly go wrong.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I suspect this season will look more like what we thought last season would look like.

But this will probably be our worst game. The Rams own us, we matchup poorly against them, had key injuries, and don't have a coaching staff that can make (or will make) adjustments.

We do have a coaching staff that can and will beat below .500 coaches and below .500 teams. And we have a knack for beating good/better teams when they make mistakes (or you can argue we force mistakes).
We are going to win enough games it won't be this bad. But the reasons we lost won't vanish after this game. That game did a good job of showing why there is a ceiling on this team.

Last edited:

CactusJack

Reaction score
Geno is a solid starter when he has the right components around him.

First half, Geno & the offense had the lead & we're moving the ball. The third quarter is when injuries began to pile up. Both Tackles had to come out of the game. That is never a good recipe for any offense.

The defense is still a work in progress. I have major questions about the scheme. This has been an issue for quite a while.

But the Geno is bad takes are total BS. It's a lazy & quite honestly, a dumb take. The guy was very good at times last season.

It comes off as trolling.

Edit: If you remove Trent Williams & your starting RT from the lineup. The Niners would struggle to move the ball consistently as well.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This "career backup" stuff is always a good indicator of who watched last year and who is just operating off of narratives they've read.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect this season will look more like what we thought last season would look like.

But this will probably be our worst game. The Rams own us, we matchup poorly against them, had key injuries, and don't have a coaching staff that can make (or will make) adjustments.

We do have a coaching staff that can and will beat below .500 coaches and below .500 teams. And we have a knack for beating good/better teams when they make mistakes (or you can argue we force mistakes).
We are going to win enough games it won't be this bad. But the reasons we lost won't vanish after this game. That game did a good job of showing why there is a ceiling on this team.
Scarily accurate prediction from September.

What else can you tell us? Winning lottery numbers?