Players Exit Interviews

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I watched some interviews of players as they were cleaning out their lockers yesterday and I was surprised how they seemed to genuinely believe in this team. Multiple players mentioned how talented they were and I never got the feeling from anyone that they wanted to leave the organization. In fact it was mentioned how the culture is some of the best in the league and the general sentiment I got was that they all believe in this squad, Pete and where they are headed.

Annnnnd, discuss.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I felt confident that the talent was there post-2023 draft. That's why it's so infuriating to me to see how the season went this year, imo they have too much ******* talent to have had such shitty games at times and their record SHOULD'VE been better. When you have the talent but the season record doesn't reflect it, that's on coaching all damn day.

renofox

Reaction score
Does anybody really expect the players to say something like "I'm glad this crappy season's over. It sucked working in a muddled scheme that consistently put as at a disadvantage. Rah-Rah doesn't cut it when we just want to succeed on the field. I'm glad I'm a FA this year so I can look for a team with a competent coaching staff and a chance to go deep in the playoffs."?

Whatever they really feel, players are going to say positive things because they want to either keep their job or get a job elsewhere.

I'm sure some were being truthful.

I'm also sure some were not.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Does anybody really expect the players to say something like "I'm glad this crappy season's over. It sucked working in a muddled scheme that consistently put as at a disadvantage. Rah-Rah doesn't cut it when we just want to succeed on the field. I'm glad I'm a FA this year so I can look for a team with a competent coaching staff and a chance to go deep in the playoffs."?

Whatever they really feel, players are going to say positive things because they want to either keep their job or get a job elsewhere.

I was waiting for this response.

I was watching their body language, demeanor, voice inflections very closely and not once did I get the impression they were being disengenous.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I was waiting for this response.

I was watching their body language, demeanor, voice inflections very closely and not once did I get the impression they were being disengenous.
Hopefully by that time they are also honing in their acting skills - and/or maturity. I’m not saying they were disingenuous but shitting in the kitchen is poor form. Totally fun and amusing, and highly recommended (if you’re Katt Williams), but not for the paycheck dependent.

I think Pete does create a “wow this old guy is sorta cool with his Buddhism and fountain of youth” attitude along with a track record par excellence. I just wish that old motherfu*%er could translate that shit to his coordinators. Go get vrabel and ditch Clint (no way it happens but why not be delusional - if we think next season will be different with the same staff we are superbowl bound).

The luck of a youthful team. They don’t know any better.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
I'd work for the Petehawks too.

You can get paid and all while being an absolute waste on defense. TEs get paid and never get their number called up, koshier job if you ask me.

Gimmie vet min for riding the pine coach!

ZagHawk

Reaction score
You know those guys who stand outside the stadium every game holding up signs telling us we're all going to Hell firmly believe in their cause and that they're a yell away from making a difference too...

To get results you do need people to be bought in, but that's just part of the equation, what they're buying into also has to be a good plan as well.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score

How do you think Adams ended up here?

knownone

Reaction score
Well, despite the doom and gloom among some of our fans. The Seahawks did finish 9-7, only have losses to playoff teams (besides Cinci), and were a handful of plays away from being in the playoffs. So, if you take the glass-half-full perspective, they are close.

Their PFF grades are a pretty good illustration of this team. 11th ranked offense, 14th ranked defense, 3rd ranked special teams. Most people will look at the defensive grade and roll their eyes. But the grades match the eye test, we're above average in coverages and pass rush and a dumpster fire in run defense and tackling. Fix those issues, and anything is possible.

keasley45

Reaction score

They might not say that exactly, but absolutely, players often will only lightly veil their frustrations if they arent happy.

Case in point - carlos dunlap his last year. Obviously wasnt happy, despite speaking highly of the culture.

Look around the league at teams who are genuinely lost and you get frustration and light criticism of 'how things went', rsponses like 'no comment', or answers like 'thats above my pay grade'.

The culture and fortitude part is there. They need someone to instill deep accountability.